WnSoft Forums

Audio File Turned Red?

goddi

Greetings,

When I have the two audio files on separate tracks, they look OK, plays fine. However, when I drag the lower file up to the upper track, it turns red and the volume is very, very low. What is this telling me? Never happened before.

Gary

image.thumb.png.fb1e57aaa5fbb0ed8164f28b3007467e.png

3 minutes ago, jkb said:

The red shows that the files are overlapping each other.

Not sure why the volume would be lower though.

Jill

Greetings Jill,

I've always  had overlapping audio files so that they would blend from one to the other. Never had this red and almost no volume.

Gary

It is when the overlapping file is a shorter duration

So your file 09 finishes before the file on track 1.

I have just tried it & it does seem to reduce the volume on the overlapping file.

Jill

Greetings,

I think this is a 'bug'. The volume of the first audio file is reduced to '0' where it is to blend into the next audio file. Yes, if I remove the last part of the first audio file to the point where it is to blend into the next audio file, the red disappears and the audio of the next audio file plays. I don't think it should be necessary to do this. The fact that the volume in the second audio file get basically muted would indicate that there is something wrong but there really isn't anything wrong. The two audio files are just being blended. Seems this strange result can be eliminated since it really is not what you'd expect.

And if you have the two audio files on different tracks, you don't have a problem. It only occurs if you try to move them onto a single track.

Gary

Gary,

On the same track, the previous audio clip cannot be shorter than the next audio clip. In case of such situation the editor highlights this audio clip by red color. It's the basic conception of PTE audio editor.

This case can be solved by using two tracks for each audio clip.