WnSoft Forums

Drag & ddrop into slides show

P_Sands

I am trialing PTE after many years of using MySlideShow from Anix Software. All my images have keywords provided using Windows Photo Gallery and which are saved in the image file. My work flow has been to use PhotoGallery to find those images I want based on their keywords, and then drag and drop the found images into the slide show. In that way the images stay in their original locations in a folder tree and I avoid duplication, and any subsequent edits to these images are immediately available if I recompile the slide show.

This is not working with PTE. I can drag and drop images from Windows file Explorer into the slide show, but not from Photo Gallery, or any other image viewer I've tried, such as FastStone Image Viewer. Without quick access to the images from PhotoGallery, it is very tedious locating them through Explorer, especially when the images are scattered across a broad range of subfolders.

Compared to using MySlideShow the process of collating the slides is taking an inordinate amount of time!

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

is there a right-click option to 'view in explorer'
This would make it easier to find the image & then drag & drop into PTE.

Most of us tend to have a dedicated folder for each PTE project & keep all of the associated files within that.
But I understand this is not the way you work.
I also tend to keep my original images in dedicated Folders & sub-folders, but I don't have that many so it is easy to find them.
Anything that is specific to the project I keep within a folder for that project.

Jill

• Like 1

Thanks to those who have responded to my question.

Yes, I have noted that many users create a unique folder for images in a slide show, and I may have to resort to that. But I don't want a duplication of files, and a single file is easier to keep up to date.

Peter