WnSoft Forums

No Sound [SOLVED]

snapcam

Using version 10.5.9. I created a 20 min video using clips and added a music track for a friend. Works fine. Conversion and publish speed was 100.

He thinks it appeared too fast. The images come from a helmet camera on a motorcycle road trip.

I republished at a speed of 60 but there is no sound track when it completes. I did a 10sec  preview which had sound but the completed video is silent.

Am I missing something when I slow down the speed?

If you are using the adust time feature in O&A to change the speed of the video, then the sound is automatically muted when the speed is not 100.

If you still want the sound from the video, then in timeline, right click the video and select separate sound from video. This will put the sound on a separate track, where you can adjust the length and volume.

Jill

You can slow down to as much as 10% but it may stutter a bit if that low.

You can tell by the Duration how much it has slowed it down.
So for a 1 minute video - slowed to 50% would give you a duration of 2 minutes.

It depends on the content as to how it looks.

Jill

Hi snapcam,

If I understood your problem, by reducing the speed of your video 60/100 you were expecting to get the audio be modified in accordance to the video.

If you really need to keep the same audio track you would have to accept a modification of the sound frequency which will be much lower (60/100) in order to comply with the same duration of your new video track .

In such a case that requires to make a special effect by importing your soundtrack in a dedicated software as Audacity for exemple and exporting it after treatment inside your project as new audio track.

Daniel

The friend who I made the video for remarked that they appeared to be going faster on the motorcycles than they actually were

I tried to reduce the speed but it didn't seem to make any difference and I lost the sound. Jill's advice solved that but I  must admit that I had given no thought to the length of the original music track and that may be where the problem is, I will try again and report.

49 minutes ago, snapcam said:

I had given no thought to the length of the original music track

If I am reading it correctly then you have reduced the speed of the completed video which includes the music?

It would be better to adjust the speed of each individual Clip & assuming you still want some of the original motor bike sounds, then separate those from the individual videos. You can then adjust volumes & blend each clips sounds into each other.

Jill

Having separated the Audio from the Video and saved it as a WAV or MP3 you can open it in Audacity and add a "Time Track" which will allow you to reduce or increase the the "Speed" of the audio track by up to 10% (90% or 110%).

Using the "Adjust Time Range" option (and SPEED control) in O&A/Properties of the Video" you can slow down the Video to 10% or speed it up to 200% with the consequent change in Duration of the video.

Matching the SPEED and Duration of the Audio and Video could present a problem if you want to alter the Video Speed by more than 10%. It might be possible to save the Time Adjusted Audio file and re-introduce it into Audacity for another Time Adjustment but I can imagine that the quality would take a hit.

It is essential to synchronise the sound and video to take account of what is happening in the Video e.g. stopping at and accelerating away from Lights etc.

DG

Guys, I am not really concerned about the audio as I found as Jill suggested separating the sound works. However no matter what I try reducing the speed either at publication or at conversion stage the video comes out at the same length. The full 20 minute finished video takes hours to publish which I have to wait for to see the result.

1 hour ago, snapcam said:

the video comes out at the same length

When you change the Speed in O&A you will see that the Duration of that Clip changes, if slowing down it will lengthen.

It WILL NOT Change the Duration in the Timeline Automatically, you have to do that manually.

So your overall length of the Project will remain the same.

Try a new Project with just a short clip, don't use the Convert feature.

Just open the Clip in O&A and use the Adjust Time from the Properties Tab.
Play the Clip in Preview & you should see it running slower.

You will need to manually adjust in Timeline View the duration of each Slide that contains a Video Clip.
It is much easier to do Speed Adjustments as you are building the Project rather than trying to do it afterwards.

Jill

Got it now Jill, using the O&A. I had to then extend the music track to get to the end in the timeline but its doing what I wanted.

Once again many thanks and to the others who answered.

Raymond H

SOLVED

• Like 1

• Igor changed the title to No Sound [SOLVED]