WnSoft Forums

project archive ZIP corrupted

tparvais

Hello

Using last PTE release 11 PRO, I created a big project with ~350 photos / videos and sound (MP3.)

everythng goes fine until 4K video creation.

When I want to save all my project in an archive ZIP as I was use to do with previous release, I obtain a 3.6GB file, but I have a zip error when trying to open it "Unexpected end of data"

I didn't find any forum article about this so I created a new topic

(My SSD drive is formated on NTFS, using Windows 11, so I don't believe this is a formatting issue)

Thank you

47 minutes ago, Picsel said:

Hi tparvais

I experienced the same problem as your some years ago and Igor has recomended to use 7zip which solve it.

Daniel

ok, but then we loose the feature from pte to archive all the project files, not less ,not more. using external 7Z is always possible but could lead to some error

Hi,

Let me know - what software you used to unpack the large ZIP archive?

Can you try to use a free 7zip utility to unpack that ZIP archive, as Daniel recommended you above.

I think that PTE AV Studio should be able create a large backup in a ZIP.

ZIP files larger than 4GB (3.6GB) use a special ZIP64 file format. Some old ZIP utilities cannot unpack correctly such large ZIP archives.

19 minutes ago, Igor said:

Hi,

Let me know - what software you used to unpack the large ZIP archive?

Can you try to use a free 7zip utility to unpack that ZIP archive, as Daniel recommended you above.

I think that PTE AV Studio should be able create a large backup in a ZIP.

ZIP files larger than 4GB (3.6GB) use a special ZIP64 file format. Some old ZIP utilities cannot unpack correctly such large ZIP archives.

hello

I tested with last relaease of total commander 11 and also last relaese of 7ZIP. Same error

Thomas