WnSoft Forums

And now ?

Michel

I agree, Michel!

I hope we won't become like some so-called "audiophiles" who are always looking for the best amplifier, the best CD reader, the best louspeakers, the best cables to listen... the perfect silence!

I too heard there rumors, Bob...

But I'm working with PTE for my Academy of Fine Arts, and didn't want to bother or annoy you (you = forum members). But if you ( = LumenBob) want to stake, I'm ready... :D

:D I'm smiling, but I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting. When you say "stake" - are you suggesting a duel or a challenge with PTE presentations? Going out on a limb here, but I guess I dare say "what ever it takes" for us to all enjoy another show from you. Right everybody?

Hello Everyone,

When you say "stake" - are you suggesting a duel or a challenge with PTE presentations? Going out on a limb here, but I guess I dare say "what ever it takes" for us to all enjoy another show from you.

A little competition, cool. I think the study of the masters and their techniques would be quite enjoyable. Maybe there could be some size limit set for those of us with 56k modems. Show size limited to what fits on a floppy disk 1.44 meg. The technical use of PTE special effects and features is what interests me. I will start working on my show immediately. :D

Have fun

Alas, my poor English!

No Bob, I wasn't suggesting any duel (BTW, you prefer the sword or the pistol?) or challenge... I used "to stake" as a synonym of "to risk": I meant simply you were taking a serious risk by seeing a show made by me for the Academy! :D:D

But the idea of "dilemmania" (please, tell us how we can call you!) is a good idea: an invitation to all forum members for making a little show with a severe size limit (a limit is always stimulant!).

But please not a competition, and without any sort of rating!

Great idea !!!! :D:D

Nice small shows using PTE to its limits. :o

It would really show us less adventuresome, less experienced people just what can be done.

I t then might be helpful if the secrets as to what was done was revealed to all !

I have been amazed what some people have crammed into some very small sized shows

When you say "stake" - are you suggesting a duel or a challenge with PTE presentations?

Don't forget that there are already several competitions available for those amongst us who would like to test their sequences against others. Next week the Geoffrey Round competition takes place in Aldbourne in the UK. This is an international competition for digitally produced sequences of 12 minutes or less in duration. There are 54 entries, including several from Forum members, and the list can be seen on the AV World website:

Geoffrey Round Entry List

Most have been produced using PTE, with a couple of GlobFX ones thrown in for good measure. All of them will be projected for judging on 23rd March - should be a good day!

Ian

Temporarily at least, I want to sidestep the competition aspect. I do want to confirm Guido, that we really would like to view some more of your Academy work. Even if it turns out to be above our heads or too sophisticated for some of us. Just think about it - we survived the long wait and build up to once see the photo of you! Now we are prepared. I for one will "stake" my interest and attention. :D

Mike, it sounds like you might be asking about the "portraits" of the forum members?

You will find that illustrious gallery at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bussty/forum/forum.htm

The gallery is hosted by forum member "Bussty" (actually he is in member list as ADB) . The gallery is somewhat stale and could use an influx of photos from more recent members like yourself. So, start the flood. When the gallery was initiated there was also a PTE show that sort of went with it. I suspect Ken, with his generous nature could email a copy to you. (He keeps better library than I do.) Also, while visiting Bussty's site, be sure to dl and view some of his presentations. His piece on the UK is done especiallly fine. Showcases some very careful use of PTE with very nice photography.

Hi

We have been holding non competitve digital AV days since 1999. Members bring along their sequences (and problems ) and we can share our knowledge & work. We also have someone with more expertise to come & give us a talk or lecture. This usually happens in the Autumn. I call it our Digital Audio Visual Event (or DAVE for short).

I would love to have a non competitive DAVE with some examples of workfrom all our International friends here.

Maybe I could save the sequences onto a CD and forward it to another member in a different country?

How about a non competitive WWW DAVE folks?

I know it is possible to upload to the Cottage Site

(many thanks to all who share their work & utilities with us :) )

but some of us have such big files and poor connections :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to IAN and smi by the way ! :o

Thanks to all you helpful folks.

And a huge THANK YOU to Igor!

Best wishes

Maureen