WnSoft Forums

Scrolling Text with Version 5

Ronniebootwest

Now you are in your element Peter. That was excellent and typically you. Thanks amd regards.

Ron [uK]

Hell Ronwil.

You said this:

However I find, in order to make it more realistic, is to also taper the text in Photoshop, before saving as a *.png file.

I would like to follow this up, but don't know how to 'taper text' in Photoshop. Can you explain please?

Ron West

Ron

To create tapered text in Photoshop. Type your text. Select "Create warped text" using the button to the right of the "Text Colour" button on the top toolbar. Select Style>Shell lower and use the following settings Blend: 0%; Horizontal Distortion 0%; and Vertical Distortion 25% (or to your taste).

Ron [uK]

Thankyou for that Ron.

Now all you people who have had my tutorial can alter it if you want to. Just go to section one and do as Ronwil suggests above, BEFORE you save the PNG file. I would also suggest that you add a 'drop shadow' and 'bevel & emboss' to the text, before you save the PNG.

I have tried it and it works just fine.

Ron

Hi Ron

Thanks for sending a copy of your excellent tutorial for scrolling text. I had been able to create few effects in version 5 including text but it was mostly by trial and error and I was never really quite sure ho I had managed to create what I had. Your tutorial has certainly helped to clarify how the new objects and animation functions work.

Many thanks

gogs

To Ron

Many thanks for sending me the "Scrolling Text" tutorial. It is very well done. It is a good idea to take only one topic at a time and explain things in detail. As I played already a little bit on my own with the program, I followed now your instructions in the tutorial and found it very clear and easy to understand. I think that somebody who is new to the program will have a good help in practical use and will not be overwhelmed with to much technical details and will be open for more.

I started with the translation in Dutch of the adapted .ini-file. Your tutorial helped me also to better understand the new features so I can make the correct translation of the keywords.

Cor

Super good makes your course Ron, simple, clearly and precise.

With your permission, then I to be useful itself of your relevant remarks and by bringing me closer closest to this tutorial, to write a tutorial similar to your in French language which I will propose on the forums of my country.

I thank you by advance.

Friendships

Marcel

Marcel wrote:

With your permission, then I to be useful itself of your relevant remarks and by bringing me closer closest to this tutorial, to write a tutorial similar to your in French language which I will propose on the forums of my country.

I have no objection to your using my tutorial for translating into the French language. I consider it praise indeed and am glad that you consider it good enough.

I would like to thank all those forum members who have contacted me about my tutorial especially those who have been kind enough to post encouraging comments in this thread.

It is always good to know that you folk out there are interested in the work that I do.

I have now sent out over 300 copies of the pdf file and I am still getting daily requests for more.

Thankyou all very much for your support.

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for sending me so promptly your excelent tutorial. The instructions with the screenshots make everything very easy to follow. I Hope that you will keep us informed about you other tutorials.

Bert

A while ago I said that I would prepare a pdf tutorial for those of you who wanted some help with using version 5.

I have finished the first tutorial, which deals with using 'scrolling text' for opening titles and closing credits. I will be uploading it to my website very soon but in the meantime if you would like a copy, please send me your email address and I will send you one.

This free version is only for members of the forum and will only be available for a short while.

email me at: ronniebootwest@ntlworld.com

Ron

Hi Ron, Your tutorial should be labelled "Scrolling Text for Dummies" - like me! Thank you so much for sending me the .pdf. Cheers, Derek

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your lifeline!

As a seventy eight year old novice on the point of giving up on Version 5 I found your Scrolling Text tutorial the other day.

I do not have Photoshop but, with your clear step by step instructions and a little help from PixBuilder Studio I was able to

produce the necessary .png file and complete the exercise.

I certainly agree with your commitment to the KISS principle.

Sincere thanks,

Cush.

Thank you for your lifeline!

As a seventy eight year old novice on the point of giving up on Version 5 I found your Scrolling Text tutorial the other day.

Sincere thanks,

Cush.

Wow! What a compliment from a senior citizen like yourself. I am so pleased that you are still active in PTE at the young age of 78. Well done Cush and congratulations.

Ron