WnSoft Forums

Creating of DVD disc in PicturesToExe

Igor

We plan to present PicturesToExe Deluxe soon.

Deluxe edition, besides PicturesToExe, will include module for creating and burning of DVD-Video discs. Including customizable menu and templates. HD-DVD/Blue-Ray support will be added in the future.

Many users asked us for full solution for creating and EXE slide shows and slide shows on DVD-Video disc. Also you experienced additional difficulties with choosing of 3rd party software and some with problems with compatibility. Also we hope to provide better picture quality on DVD-Video discs because of integration with PicturesToExe. And easy adding of several slide shows.

Also there will be no Personal or Business licenses more.

We will offer two licenses now for v5.00:

- PicturesToExe ($30). As usually small 1.5 MB.

- PicturesToExe Deluxe ($50). About 4 MB.

And accordingly two install files on our server as you prefer to download. I think that many like have small and compact PicturesToExe, because of this we suggest both variants.

At this moment we think to offer upgrade from usual/Personal/Business licenses to Deluxe edition for all existing users. And cost of this upgrade will be $20 (exact difference between these editions). After this upgrade if you bought PicturesToExe before date of release of v5.00, all future versions will be free for you, as usually.

The only difference of PicturesToExe Deluxe is a module for burning of DVD-Video discs. No other differences.

Most likely that PicturesToExe Deluxe will be released together with v5.00 or a little later.

And beta version of PicturesToExe Deluxe will be available during a month.

My colleague Sergey is working on this module. So I fully concentrated on main work for PicturesToExe and development of v5.00 is not delayed.

What you think about our plans?

Igor,

This plan sounds very reasonable, and the prices are certainly affordable. :)

Just one minor question: will v.5 (not the "Deluxe" version) still provide the ability to create a temporary video file, for those who still prefer to render their videos with their own preferred software?

Tom,

I hope there will be an option to create a video disc with archiving of source material.

I still didn't decide when add it in first release or a little later.

Al,

Of course! We don't like such restrictions. v5.00 and future versions will able to produce AVI file. For exampe, I added for beta 6 support of HD resolution 1280x720p 60 FPS in addition to 1920x1080i And v5.00 render better picture in AVI than previous versions.

If you wish to use external MPEG2 encoder and DVD authoring tool, just you use base PicturesToExe edition. In both editions (PicturesToExe and PicturesToExe Deluxe) you can create AVI files.

Video output unified for AVI file and for our DVD module in Deluxe edition. It's exactly same code with equal options and quality. So future possible improvements of this code will give benefits and for AVI and for our DVD module.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

This is excellent news, especially for new members about to purchase PTE and for those that are just now getting into creating DVD's with PTE. It's good news too for any PTE user who wants a one-stop shop solution or who wants to simply their lives some.

I'm glad to hear this. I have a few questions though:

(1) Will you send out a detailed announcement outlining all the options that will be available with this new DVD burning software prior to the beta?

(2) Will we be able to create multiple PTE slideshows per DVD along with Menu Items to select each?

(3) Will the Menu system support Motion Menu's?

(4) Will we be able to bring in other Video Files (external sources) along with #2 above?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to testing this!

Fred

Fred,

1) On request :) You'll see beta very soon. We finished work on this module and now testing it.

2) Yes, you can add many slideshow on one DVD-Video disc.

3) For the first version we realized animated previews (thumbs). In the next versions background also can be animated.

4) Yes, in the first version you can add any AVI files (even created with PTE v4.48) and .pte project files created in v5.00 and later. Main purpose of Deluxe edition - adding of .pte project files. DVD module load project file and render video with settings you've choosed. So you can easily add several slide shows.

We already created 6 templates for DVD menu. Final version will include about 10 templates and you can create own, if you wish. Text labels/thumbnails can have perfectly customizable shadow like text images created in Adobe Photoshop.

Support of several pages if you added many video files.

PicturesToExe Deluxe can create:

- MPEG2 files;

- DVD folder (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS);

- ISO image;

- DVD-Video disc.

I've attached screenshots of two DVD menu templates:

(It's a work of our graphical designer - Pasha Malyshev)

post-1-1158692225_thumb.jpg

post-1-1158692234_thumb.jpg

Igor,

Great news, I and many others with thank you for making our lives a lot easier, can't wait for the Beta.

Tom.

For exampe, I added for beta 6 support of HD resolution 1280x720p 60 FPS in addition to 1920x1080i

Igor, since you plan to support Blu-ray, why don't you add 1920x1080p? That's my target output from now on for all my PTE work.

Any idea when beta 6 will be available?

Ray

We plan to present PicturesToExe Deluxe soon.

Deluxe edition, besides PicturesToExe, will include module for creating and burning of DVD-Video discs. Including customizable menu and templates. HD-DVD/Blue-Ray support will be added in the future.

I gave up putting slideshows into DVD format over a year ago. My reason being that the quality of the images on a good quality TV (PAL) was not up to the standard I want (shimmering being a particular irritant!) and certainly far below that achieved when shows a displayed as .exe files on my computer monitor. Nero 6 was the software that I used then, though I now have V.7.

A couple of questions then, partly to fill in the holes in my technical understanding of matters DVD and partly so that I can make up my mind whether having another go at DVD will be worthwhile.

Q1 - Will the results, produced on my TV screen, using the software in PTE Deluxe be a quantifiable improvement?

Q2 - Is there an advantage to increasing the size of the image files I use for slideshows? Currently, I use 1024 X 768 pixels for all slides, unless they are subject to PRZ effects.

John

Dominique,

Exactly that project!

Ray,

You already choose HD-1080 mode in beta 5 and set "Progressive" for 25p/30p or "Interlaced" for 50i/60i

John,

1. We hope to provide maximal picture quality for DVD-Video format.

2. I prefer 1024x768 or 1280x960 for not Pan/Zoomed slide show.

G'day

Great news. A big improvement that will make an already great program even better. In fact making PTX the best.

I will upgrade to the Delux version and will now be able to remove all the other AV/DVD software that clogs up my PC and focus only on PTX.

As always you have/are doing a great job. :)

thanks from Aussie

John

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up putting slideshows into DVD format over a year ago. My reason being that the quality of the images on a good quality TV (PAL) was not up to the standard I want (shimmering being a particular irritant!) and certainly far below that achieved when shows a displayed as .exe files on my computer monitor. Nero 6 was the software that I used then, though I now have V.7.

A couple of questions then, partly to fill in the holes in my technical understanding of matters DVD and partly so that I can make up my mind whether having another go at DVD will be worthwhile.

Q1 - Will the results, produced on my TV screen, using the software in PTE Deluxe be a quantifiable improvement?

Q2 - Is there an advantage to increasing the size of the image files I use for slideshows? Currently, I use 1024 X 768 pixels for all slides, unless they are subject to PRZ effects.

John

:D

Hi Igor, I gave up putting slideshows into DVD format too, because I was waiting for HD format. At time I use Movie Factory 4 and I wanted to upgrade to 5 Deluxe. But now I am still waiting for PTE Deluxe. Creating customize menus is very good and I hope that the soft is also available in other languages.

Rainer