WnSoft Forums

Thanks, Jim!

Guest guru

Nobody yet saw the great "Bumblebee" by Jim "JRR"?!

It's really a wonderful work... Only a little fault: it is not synchronized (I think), so on my machine the music restarts at the end and the show terminates abruptly after some seconds. It's really a pity!

Guido:

Sounds as though it is looping on your computer. It is supposed to STOP

It does not loop on my computer, nor on a friend's, but it does loop on his (relatively) new laptop.

With more than 275 images it was looping on my computer, that's why I reduced it to 275.

My computer is a P3, 256 RAM, about 2 years old

Works a treat on my machine - Pentium 4; GeForce2 MX 32Mb graphics. Most enjoyable.

Ron [uK]

Fun idea Jim. Thanks for doing the Tumble Bee.

It is curious - the looping behavior. I experienced about the same as Guido. I ran it on a P-III 750mhz and 768 ram. I wonder if someone will understand why it would behave that way on only some machines?

Regardless of the loop, I got the point of the show just fine. I think it could be a great intro to your intended feature on bee keeping. I also think you had the best version possible of Flight of the Bumblebee. Many other versions would not fit so well, I think.

It also reminded me of a show that granot (boxig) might do with a surprise or trick at the end!

Jim, are these bees synchronized with music? If not, I can understand this different behaviour on different machines; otherwise these "loopings" are really strange.

Jim:

:)

I am very impressed with your Tumblee show. A huge amount of work. Nice clean pictures and movement, nice version of music. My congratulations !!!!

It went fine on my machine. Exact synchronization, clear ending and closing. No looping. 1.6 giga, geforce2.

I ran it both from within the zipped file, and also unzipped and ran it. No difference (in case it could have meant any difference).

Regards

Ernst

Dana, I think neither Jim nor anyone else will make a show with "animated ants"... It could be not only a sort of ant-ithesis to flying bees, but even not so new (we already know marching ants of selections...) :)

Jim, just checked your show on an old Pentium 2, 266 machine with 128 MB Ram, old Hdd 4.3 GB, old 8 MB video card, etc. (ALL old!).

Runs fine, but anyway the music ends with a sudden cut.

Guido and others:

Glad some of you got it to work.

It is a synched show. I put a 1.5sec gap at the front of the sound file to give a load time factor plus to have the title come on just before the music starts.

The music ends with a two small quiet beats.

It is synched, not a custom synch - that would have taken a very long time - but it is synched to the music length with some attempt to place certain images at certain places with mixed results.

Well Jim has been a busy busy bee. It is a honey of a show.

When I first downloaded it, I wanted to see it straight away so I played it on my internet machine (PII 333 Celeron and I was impressed. (But the ending was all out) Today I played it on my P4 1.7 256MB and it was stunning!

A definite HUM-dinger of a show

Pleasure to watch, many thanks

Mike

Mersea Island

Harold:

PTE shows do much better than other software for consistency between computers. Another reason to cheer for PTE :)

But I don't think you can expect synched shows to work the exactly the same on all computers.

Depending on the size of the images (kb and pixel wise) and the size of the sound files you can run into some small differences with computers less than1-2 years old depending on their internal hardware.

I have some simple shows that work consistently on all "recent" computers, but flicker badly on some "less recent" computers and one friend's ("old") computer freezes as soon as I put a pte.exe in it ;)

If you keep the shows with 150-200kb images, and maybe slightly longer fades than you might like, I think you will have general success with "recent" computers.

The Bumble Bee show PUSHES the limits of the hardware in many computers (including mine which is about two years old) so it is not a good test to demo PTE's performance between computers.

On my computer, the music and the pictures restart also. After about one and a half repetitions, the otherwise nice bumble bee show ends apruptly in the middle of the second run. I also have the impression, some images might be skipped on my machine.

My computer is a 4 year old Hewlett-Packard Omnibook XE 2 laptop, PII (266 Celeron) with 256 RAM.

I think, the shows syncronisation runs differently on different computers, since the fast succesion of images and hence tremendous constant loading requirement puts quite some strain and burden on CPU power, while running the mp3 simultaneously.

PTE might not necessarily be the adequat software for the bumble bee presentation, since it's not intended to be a movie player with many images displayed per second, but rather as a slideshow program.

Maybe we can figure out the optimal minimum length, for which an individual slide should AT LEAST be displayed in PTE, for handling it universally correct on any computer.

I also think, the image size corresponds with that problem, meaning: The smaller the image size, the more images you will be able to present within a second.

SEHi Jim,

Very nice work!

But I'm experiencing the same problem as Guido. I tried different times after shutting down some background working programs, but problem was still there. Next time I'll try without connecting to internet, so I can shut down Norton A ans Zone A. Hope to see just as you did.

My computer is a PIII one , Win 98 S.E and is three years old.