WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #7

Igor

I can find the video button which you say I should not use, but where are the alternative options to create an ISO image - Burn DVD-Video Disk or create an MPEG2 file please?

Derek,

I don't think Igor meant for us not to use the "video" button. That is how you get to the other options. He suggested that we only use the "Create mpeg2" option on the "video" menu.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, yesterday I have tested the new beta, no problems to burn a DVD. But the effects in the slideshow movie wasn´t good. The effect duration I tested was 1500 ms. In the movie they were all jerking. What did I wrong?

I tried also to burn in 1280 x 720 mode, but this was not possible. If I want to do this, I have to make a custom avi in this resolution. This is not good, because so I have to buy Movie Factory 5 to burn a DVD in this format.

Please can someone give me the right information about this?

Rainer :huh:

Rainer

"But the effects in the slideshow movie wasn´t good. The effect duration I tested was 1500 ms. In the movie they were all jerking. What did I wrong?"

were trying to play back the dvd disk in your home player to tv

or

were you trying to play it on the computer -- what program to play it

ken

Rainer

for starters

try making a basic default show 4:3 type

i finally had success doing that

with my own stuff and with Al's files -- using the builder

and same is fine on a standard crt type tv

just a thought tho --in Sept i took a p/z show to a place that had a plasma tv and show ws terrible -- took same show to my AV store and played it there - 100" screen via dvd/projector and it was letter perfect - asked why -- they said the other place not likely had it set up correctly

so

i would check all settings on your set up

ken

Hi, yesterday I have tested the new beta, no problems to burn a DVD. But the effects in the slideshow movie wasn´t good. The effect duration I tested was 1500 ms. In the movie they were all jerking. What did I wrong?

I tried also to burn in 1280 x 720 mode, but this was not possible. If I want to do this, I have to make a custom avi in this resolution. This is not good, because so I have to buy Movie Factory 5 to burn a DVD in this format.

Please can someone give me the right information about this?

Rainer :huh:

Rainer,

I posted the video files for a widescreen show to my website - see link in the Video section of this forum. They work both on my two pc DVD players and also in my regular Sony player through a widescreen digital projector.

Unfortunately, they are in NTSC format, or else you could download them, copy to a DVD, and try them out.

I exactly know there is some real problem in our VOB files but we're still trying to find DVD player where we will able to reproduce this problem. Today we visited five shops. We tested:

Sony, Samsung, BBK, Pioneer, LG, Sharp, Toshiba, Akai, ZZX, Scott, Rolsen, Panasonic, Atlanta, JVC, Huynday, Vitek and several noname players.

and all worked fine.

I exactly know there is some real problem in our VOB files but we're still trying to find DVD player where we will able to reproduce this problem. Today we visited five shops. We tested:

Sony, Samsung, BBK, Pioneer, LG, Sharp, Toshiba, Akai, ZZX, Scott, Rolsen, Panasonic, Atlanta, JVC, Huynday, Vitek and several noname players.

and all worked fine.

My DVDPlayer with Problems is the LG DV9900.

Menue does not show all shows.

First show plays well.

Next show stops after few moments.

And there is no more audio.

When I eject the DVD and inject it again, show starts well at the point it stopped.

Creating ISO and burning with Nero6 works well.

It's a good work arroud until burning with DVD Builder will works fine.

Best regars

Andreas

Thank you for your answer, but I want to create a DVD with HDTV resolution 1280 x 720 or 1080i.

But this is not possible with PTE 5 Beta Deluxe. Is this right?

I only can create such an AVI with this resolution, so I have to buy Moviefactory 5 to burn a HD-DVD. Is this right too?.

I have 43" Pioneer Plasma Display.

Rainer

Rainer,

1280x720 is not DVD-Video. So we don't suggest this resolution in this version.

When war between HD-DVD vs. Blue-Ray will be finished, we'll add support of HD video (1280x720, 1920x1080) in DVD Builder.

In AVI video output we support all HD resolutions in v5.00 beta

Derek,

I don't think Igor meant for us not to use the "video" button. That is how you get to the other options. He suggested that we only use the "Create mpeg2" option on the "video" menu.

Hi Al, I see now that whilst Igor does not want us to use the video button, you have indeed got to use it to get at the options so thanks for your kind reply. So it now looks as though I must still use my ULead Movie Factory 5 to make my DVDs, but which file will be the best to use - MPEG2 or AVI? Sorry I have not heard of ISO other than for setting the speed on my camera. Cheers, Derek

Rainer,

1280x720 is not DVD-Video. So we don't suggest this resolution in this version.

When war between HD-DVD vs. Blue-Ray will be finished, we'll add support of HD video (1280x720, 1920x1080) in DVD Builder.

In AVI video output we support all HD resolutions in v5.00 beta

Thank you Igor. I have tested yesterday Moviefactory 5 with PTE-AVI 1280 x 720. It can read the AVI-file but burning is only possible, if I use a HD-DVD or a bluray burner.

If I burn even though, Moviefactory converts the file to PAL.

Now I am understanding.

Rainer

Thanks for great work Igor and team. I have successfully produced a DVD using

6 of my sequences. I decided to try to produce another with 14. Your software

states the resulting DVD with be 4.2G runtime 1hr 20min. The software runs for

3 hours and creates the MPEG files but stops on "VOB files multiplexing" with Author

Error - Error Code 135. This has happened twice. Please explain the error code.

Thanks

Please visit main menu | View | Advanced to change behavior of Video button:

- Create AVI (as in previous betas and versions)

- Create DVD

- Dialog window with two buttons (now in beta #7)

Hi Igor, Took the plunge used create DVD button and converted my PTE5v7 show 5.25 mins to DVD - took 1 hour 23 minutes to make the DVD. However, result is brilliant. Better than making an avi file and using Ulead. So my thanks to you and your friends for now making this possible in the one program. Cheers, Derek

After these problems we've choosed another DVD library which creates DVD folder and menu. As we found many coompanies use this new commercial library and I hope it will produce fully compliant DVD discs.

Speed of rendering depends on video card. For example Geforce 7600 PCI-E may render video in 10 times faster than Geforce 2 AGP.

Also we render video with highest quality and many filters of post processing. So it takes additional time.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5053

But in the next betas I'll add several optimizations to speed up rendering.

After these problems we've choosed another DVD library which creates DVD folder and menu. As we found many coompanies use this new commercial library and I hope it will produce fully compliant DVD discs.

Speed of rendering depends on video card. For example Geforce 7600 PCI-E may render video in 10 times faster than Geforce 2 AGP.

Also we render video with highest quality and many filters of post processing. So it takes additional time.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5053

But in the next betas I'll add several optimizations to speed up rendering.

Hi Igor, I was not complaining about the speed of rendering but was trying to warn others that it does take some time and some patience is required. However, as far as I am concerned the wait was worthwhile as it gave me a brilliant video of my small slide show. Naturally if you are able to speed things up further for PTE workers then I'm sure we will all be absolutely delighted. All the very best to you, Derek

Ken,

Please remind me what video card you have installed in your PC and what CPU?

I'm afraid high quality rendering works very slowely on old video cards and probably I'll use second graphical engine (CPU based) on such systems.

On my Geforce 6800 creating of 4 minutes DVD-Video discs takes 12 minutes.

Our high quality rendering gives similar quality as Bicubic resizing in Adobe Photoshop.

Ken,

I suspect one possible reason of this slowing down, I'll one my idea in the next beta #8 The reason is management of threads of CPU. Because DVD Builder generates DVD and PicturesToExe renders video for DVD Builder - they work together.

Please let me know two additional moments:

1) When DVD Builder is encoding DVD do you work on PC in other programs? Or are there some programs that work in background with significant loading of CPU (more than 20%)?

2) If you have another product for DVD Authoring try to add AVI file and please let me know time of encoding DVD.

I think you can use more short slide show, say 30 seconds and compare DVD Builder and AVI.

If in both cases time of encoding DVD will be same, it means that we need to optimize rendering of video. If another product will encode DVD much more quickly than our DVD Builder - this problem we'll fix in the next beta.

Thank you for patience and I hope that with your help we'll solve this problem soon!

Igor

nothing else going in background of any consequence -- i generally go to sleep, but check my mail and forum to see if you are answering our questions :blink::blink::blink::blink:

in one of my letters is the cpu use -- think it is <50%

why not use nero to do the mpg that i made -- think it will be in the area of 4 hrs even with mpg

been up since 01:30 am -- have just came in from putting up xmas lites - nap time now 11:30 am

ken