WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 beta #7

Igor

Igor,

I finally got around to generating DVDs to test Deluxe Beta 6 and Beta 7. It's a 46 pix slide show w/background music and there is one pix I was interested in seeing how the Betas handled it. It's a group pix of 12 people, 7 in the top row and 5 people below. In O&A I show the full pix for about 3 sec and then zooming in 311x to the two people on the left in the top row but starting to the even further left just as if there was another person there. I did the same to the right side of the top row so my pan/scroll coverage was just as if there were 9 people in the top row with the faces essentially centered. Then I drop down on the right and went right to left at 311x zoom to complete the pan/scroll. Selecting the O&A Play function showed the pan/scrolling as designed.

Here are my results of the pan/scroll and the DVDs burned:

............................................................................Playback

.......................HP Computer.....Older Samsung DVD player...Newer Poloroid Portable DVD player PDM o824

Beta 6 DVD............Plays.........................Plays...............................................Plays

Beta 7 using...........Plays.........................Plays...............................................Plays

AVI path

Beta 7 using...........Plays....................Does not play........................................Plays

Create DVD

path

Beta 6 playback caused the pan/scroll sequence to start way to the left outside of the actual pix and caused some of the faces in both rows to be out of the screen pix.

Both Beta 7 DVDs playback cut off 1/3 of the persons face on the left and on the right in both the top and bottom rows.

The DVDs were burned using Sonic's MyDVD Studio Deluxe. I may try to play the Beta 7 using Create DVD

path DVD on a friend's player to see if a newer DVD player will play it...Harvey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I'm very glad to see the progress in PTE.

But now I need a porama that shows the possebilities and a how to.

Next week I'll have a visit in a underwaterfotoclub to show how it works (how to create a diaporama)

It would be great to show it with an excisting show of how to create.

I didn't had the time to create any cause I am creating a show for november 25th (Tour du Mont-Blanc)

Belgium mite have new users of PTE next month.

Sincerely

Luc

PS: I use PTE 5.0 beta 6 now

But now I need a porama that shows the possebilities and a how to.

Next week I'll have a visit in a underwaterfotoclub to show how it works (how to create a diaporama)

It would be great to show it with an excisting show of how to create.

I didn't had the time to create any cause I am creating a show for november 25th (Tour du Mont-Blanc)

Belgium mite have new users of PTE next month.

Luc,

Search the Forum - you will find lots of suggestions, and also a few examples and demos. :)

Guest Techman1

Igor,

I have a suggestion for the Deluxe version that I believe will even make it more intuitive to use (especially for new PTE clients). Would you consider adding an option to automatically place the project you are working on into the DVD Builder timeline (or make it the default)? It seems to make sense that if I am working on a project and ready to create a DVD that my current project would be added to the timeline. I may want to add other projects, but certainly the current one would be added. It's just one less step that needs to be done. It would be easy to remove it if they didn't want it there for some reason, but I suspect 99.9% of the time they would.

I think once people have multiple projects and are using the more advanced features, it is less confusing if the current project is placed automatically. Just a thought!

I hope all is going well with you & the WnSoft Team. Have a great weekend.

Take care,

Fred

beta does not recognize the 1pointblack and blue jpegs!! :(

Prashant,

Welcome to the Forum!

You are quite right about the 1-pixel black image - however, I am sure Igor will include it in the final version, as otherwise, many of us could not import version 4 files into PTE version 5. (Lin, a 1 pointblack is a black slide, 1 pixel by 1 pixel. It shows up as a black screen in PTE. You can make one, or pick one up on my website.) I don't know what a blue jpeg is, either! :unsure:

Lin,

I think Prashant with "1pointblack" means the 1-pixel black Gif or Jpeg we used as background, with the option "Tiled image" (see screenshot). As to "Blue Jpegs", I don't know...

Prashant,

be patient, don't forget v.5.00 is still a beta.

Oh-oh, excuse me Al, I think we have written our replies at the same time!

(edited by guru 10:01 PM)

post-4-1163364962_thumb.jpg

No problem, Guido. It just shows that 2 heads are better than 1. Your reply referred to a 1-px black used as a background image, and mine referred to such an image used as an introductory black slide. :) I was relieved to see we both agree on the blue jpeg! :)

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, But I have used Ver 4.48 and downloaded beta 6 now beta 7. Ver 4.48 worked betas 6 & 7 do not allow a background tiled image to show. I am using the same settings and image as in 4.48 but to no avail. Beta 7 will not show background tiled image. It only shows black.

Edit: I just tried and made the background white. No shadow shows behind image. Seems as if these features are turned off or something. Still works in 4.48

Igor,

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned before (I don't visit the forum as often as I used to).

When you are finalising the Beta would it be possible to have, as well as "Put To Centre" and "Cover Screen", an option for "ACTUAL PIXELS" in the Objects and Animations dialogue?

If this were possible, in conjunction with the re-activation of "Windowed Mode" and

specifying the size of the window, it would assist in the prevention of "over-zooming" of images.

Many thanks for a truly amazing product - I never cease to be amazed at the quality of images obtainable

with the latest Beta.

DaveG

Wow Igor,

What an improvements!!

I am still stocked in my old presentation skill because so many people are pleased with it but I surely will start to work with the latest version soon. I just finished editing around 10.000 new pictures that I made in 2006 so a lot of new experiments to make!

I will let you know what I think about all the new options I have to experiment with!

Hans van Klinken

www.ffinternet.com

www.spellofnature.com

Dear Hans,

what a pleasure to find you again! In the past I had looked for your old sites, but I didn't find them anymore.

I see you still are a fisherman, and I hope to see soon some new slideshows made by you (and to read your posts in this forum).

As you can see, the old "guru" is still living, even if his posts in the forum are much less frequent... But I've kept on helping our friend Igor as much as possible, above all in this great enterprise of 5.00 version.

Warm greetings!

Hans,

Welcome back! I too had wondered where you were. I have always enjoyed your great images from the North. Do you and Ina still travel to the Yukon?

The new site is marvelous! I have to do something similar with my own one of these days. Looking forward to seeing some more shows! There are still 3 or 4 of your old tutorials on Beechbrook.

I think you'll have great fun with V.5 :)

Yeah, I actually never have been away from P2E but I worked more behind the scene. My latest slide show about the Yukon (approx 640MB) was such a big success that everything went completely out of control. I think there exist more then a million copies now... My new job keep me so busy that I hardly find any time to do any updates on my websites or put more shows online. That's a pity. My slide shows too large for putting them online and a complete show mostly have about 30 seperate files anyway! Working from the main side was an enormous success and I still do it but in a much different way now. I gone experiment with DVD and see if it will open some new idea's

I have about 10.000 pics from iceland which I made this summer and they just are edited. Really good shots even from Geyser that explodes and spit water in the air for 30 meters. Very nice step by step shots 1/1000 of second. I think I will try to make it alive again with P2E. The bird shots are even more amazing. Puffin heads, close up in full screen which really showing up well with their beautiful colours. The light and colours are amazing there.