WnSoft Forums

Deleting of spam

Igor

Dear friends,

I very need in your help with deleting of spam messages. Every day I should check up the forum several times to removes 2-5 spam messages. And however spam messages are visible from several hours up to a half of a day. If two-three known members agree help us, please write here.

No other functions or control of discussions/members. And no special work, no obligations, just deleting of *obvious* spam when you found it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I report them as soon as i see them

but some members may not know how to report the crap - all one has to do is copy the contents of the thread and click report -- a new window opens and paste what you copied and click report again

what you dont want to do is reply to a thread

ken

Ray

The first row after your message should contain buttons ON or OFF(inactive), CARD, PM, REPORT, TOP, QUOTE and REPLY. Any help.

I have used the Report button for some previous scams but I am unable to volunteer for a week or so. There were a couple of borderline cases recently on which I did not act, but I see that they have been deleted.

Best wishes

Ron [uK]

I don't have the answer Tony. Maybe it is a question of registration. Are you shown as "Logged in" top left?

Ron [uK]

The first row after your message should contain buttons ON or OFF(inactive), CARD, PM, REPORT, TOP, QUOTE and REPLY.

I cannot see this line of options on my computer anywhere. Perhaps a screenshot, highlighting thier positions would help

UPDATE

must be still asleep! I can now see them all.

here is a screen shot -- maybe it will help

the button has been there as long as i can remember

the offending thread has to be opened in order for the "REPORT BUTTON" to show

Igor -- can you talk with invision to see if there is some way could have turned off by mistake by members?

ken

post-16-1164361930_thumb.jpg

Igor,

I am also happy to help cut out this RUBBISH,what I am not happy about is to be given the power to delete posts, I would worry about deleting a valid point becouse I got the wrong end and missed the point, I shall continue to use the report button,after all thats what it's designed for.

To take the load off Igor and the team,It baybe a good idea for Igor to choose one or two volunteers from our advanced membership and give them the power.

Tom.

Thanks to notifications of Ken Cox, Ronwil, Contaxman, TheDom, Denwell, Leif and others I have been able to delete several spam messages in these last days.

I thank you all, even in the name of Igor. Go on, please!

I just noticed this thread. I'm wondering about this spam thing... To my knowledge, I have not seen any spam on the forum. OTOH, I don't read everything. How does it occur? Are they fake messages with attachments or something? I'm just curious.

larry

I have reported two today, which no longer appear on the forum thanks to Guido.

Ron [uK]

by being 3-5 timezones away they are usually cleared off the forum by the time you are have your first coffee -that is if Guido is still up :rolleyes: - i will send some to you seeing as you are interested :P:P:P:P:P:P

ken

Uh, Ken, I'll uh, pass on that. My interest doesn't go quite that far...

larry ;)

Thank you, friends for all your responses and suggestions!

We're discussing with Invision this problem now.

When we find several effective solutions, I'll write again in this topic.

I hope that with your help we'll solve problem of spam on this forum.

On our French AV forum (diaporamaforum), which uses also IPB, we had the same problem.

We have solved it almost completeley by stopping the automatic registration and using the manual alternative offered by IPB : an e-mail is sent to the 'member to be' to which he has to reply; in the meantime he is put on a waiting list. If no reply is received within x hours or days, he is automatically deleted from the waiting list. As soon as a reply is received, the acount is validated.

It takes a few seconds to go to the admin panel and validate the members on the waiting list, but this is much less trouble than having to delete the spam as well as the member.