WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe v5.00 Beta 9A

Igor

I have been away again and was delighted to find this special gift on my return. :D

Many Thanks Igor & all your team.

I look forward to testing it out tomorrow. :D

Love Maureen

G'day Igor and all the team,

I've just burnt my first DVD and let me say I'm more than very, very impressed. A clean burn with no problems.

On the DVD player and TV it was sharp, no flickering, good contrast, nice colour, saturation maintained and a clean crisp sound-track.

Given the limitations of the TV/DVD system you had done a first class job. No other DVD burning application comes up to this standard.

A very BIG thank-you all. :):):):):):):)

Hi Andrew,

In some of the newer dSLR cameras there is a sensor which detects when the camera is used in the "portrait" position. This "tags" the image so that when it's displayed with various photo editing software when this "tag" is detected the image is automatically rotated 90 degrees for viewing. The "assumption" is that it would be rotated counter clockwise assuming that the photographer held the camera so that the shutter release would be on top rather than on the bottom.

This has created some confusion when software automatically rotates the image because the rotation is normally only for viewing and the file isn't automatically saved in the rotated position. So even though it appears rotated for the purpose of viewing, when the same file is placed in another environment which is not sensitive to the "tag" it appears in its original orientation. Obviously for print purposes it doesn't matter but if the file is manually rotated and saved then the problems begin. Assuming the tag isn't removed when the file is saved, then other software sensitive to the tag sees it and rotates it 90 degrees counter clockwise it's once again misoriented for viewing.

It works well for people who have a fixed workflow but can be annoying for those who use a variety of software.

Lin

That's great Jim, can anybody else explain the "science" of what is exactly going on here?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi

Love the ease of use of the O&A timeline, I have found my way around most of the features.

Is there a way to select multiple keypoints to, say, move them together on the timeline. I was trying to get a sequence of images moving along the screen together and doing various opacity and scale effects (about 5 keypoints). All images doing the same but offset by a set time.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Andrew,

In some of the newer dSLR cameras there is a sensor which detects when the camera is used in the "portrait" position. This "tags" the image so that when it's displayed with various photo editing software when this "tag" is detected the image is automatically rotated 90 degrees for viewing. The "assumption" is that it would be rotated counter clockwise assuming that the photographer held the camera so that the shutter release would be on top rather than on the bottom.

This has created some confusion when software automatically rotates the image because the rotation is normally only for viewing and the file isn't automatically saved in the rotated position. So even though it appears rotated for the purpose of viewing, when the same file is placed in another environment which is not sensitive to the "tag" it appears in its original orientation. Obviously for print purposes it doesn't matter but if the file is manually rotated and saved then the problems begin. Assuming the tag isn't removed when the file is saved, then other software sensitive to the tag sees it and rotates it 90 degrees counter clockwise it's once again misoriented for viewing.

It works well for people who have a fixed workflow but can be annoying for those who use a variety of software.

Lin

Thanks for that Lin I didn't realize the assumption by software is clockwise, explains some weird results I used to get before I turned off auto rotation in the camera. One of those great ideas in theory but troublesome in practice.

Cheers

Andrew

I just published a little updated Beta 9A:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

+ Portrait photos (with rotate flag in JPEG EXIF) supported again.

* Fixed bug of previous beta 9 with impossibility to set Rotation angle more than 360 degree.

* Fixed bug of previous beta 9 with incorrect wave form (on the timeline) on some music files.

* Fixed bug of previous beta versions where customized Startup window (of slide shows) didn't appear.

p.s. other improvements will be in coming Beta 10 we're working now (most likely on the next week).

Thanks and installed. Rotation works perfectly.

Ron [uK]

* Fixed bug of previous beta 9 with incorrect wave form (on the time-line) on some music files.

Thanks Igor my problem with the time-line waveform is fixed. Great to get such a prompt response. :D

I find on loading 9a the "show navigation bar" tick box and the "customise navigation bar" button are grayed out and no matter what I do I can't get access to them. In beta 9 I was not able to get the navigation bar to display in any show but it was not grayed out. (see attached screen image).

Is this a bug, a design fault or are they not functioning in 9a? (Maybe it is my ignorance on the operation of PTE in this area).

post-3194-1177137562_thumb.jpg

Not a bug, but a suggestion would be to modify the text on the Project Options\Screen tab in the section where it starts "Additionally" to something like "Additional Options (scroll down to view)". I know that the scroll bar in the dialog should be obvious but I spent the last two hours looking for the percentage dropdown until Tom graciously pointed it out to me.

I to spent some time looking for this function without noticing the scroll bar.

Igor,

Still have a problem with the custom start screen in Beta 9a. :(

The screen now shows but the "Run" and "Exit" buttons are missing off the bottom (I always untick the "Help" button) so there is no way to run the show. The area appears to be behind the taskbar, but even hiding the taskbar does not allow it to be seen. The startup image is a 1024 by 768 .jpg

One slide show without music attached.

Regards,

Dave

Test.zip

Igor,

The screen now shows but the "Run" and "Exit" buttons are missing off the bottom (I always untick the "Help" button) so there is no way to run the show. The area appears to be behind the taskbar, but even hiding the taskbar does not allow it to be seen. The startup image is a 1024 by 768 .jpg

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Igor is aware of this issue and has said in the forum that it will be fixed in Beta 10. I guess that's why its still not showing. See final post on this thread:-

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry39905

Cheers

Andrew

Igor,

Regards,

Dave

For me it is ok with beta9a the run and exit button are present are do their job

Hi

I have run Dave's 'test' zip, and I see the 'run' and 'exit' buttons at the bottom of the screen. I am still running beta9 (not beta9a) and my screen resolution is 1440x900.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the info. My laptop screen runs at 1280 by 800, and I project my shows using a Plus Projector at 1024 by 768. I don't see the buttons on either! Hitting the spacebar does start the show. I understand Igor is fixing it in Beta 10.

Regards,

Dave

show navigation bar"

not enabled yet

ken

Thanks Ken.

I will wait for beta10 to get the navigation bar.

Text Comment - No Rasterize to PNG file

I noticed the option to Rasterize to PNG file to preserve font integrity is not available for Text Comments. I think it should be since the quality of the slideshow shouldn't depend on whether or not one stores the comments in P2E or JPEG image files.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA