WnSoft Forums

"This Autumn"

Igor

Today I had a trip to a park outside my town and nature was so beautiful, unfortunately I didn't take my DSLR camera. But I always have my Apple iPhone (cell phone) which I decided to try as a camera.

Please don't judge this slideshow strictly, it's only experiment, not more. No doubt that a technical side of quality of images (in other words - camera) also should be high in addition to skills of a photographer.

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/This_Autumn.zip (6.2 MB)

Igor,

That's amazing! I viewed your show on my monitor at 1680x1050 pixels, and the images still showed up very well.

It looks like the colours over there are very similar to those in the forests around here right now.

My wife and I were camping earlier in the week in a popular wilderness Provincial Park near here (called "Algonquin Park"), and the colours there were more advanced than here, and also much more spectacular. In fact, people travel there from all over the world this time of the year by tour bus and rented motor home, just to enjoy the beautiful scenery. It's a wonderful time of the year!

Thanks for sharing these images with us.

I have ignored the camera on my phone as I had assumed it would give a poor image due to the lens quality, even if the image size is 4 MgPixels. After looking at the good images you achieved Igor I think I will investigate mine further. It would be handy occasionally when the SLR is not at hand. Thanks for sharing.

My equipment may have not helped much to make this prettier--but it didn't need to. Those fall pictures are sooo lovely. I really liked the blue blue sky and the water reflections. What I really like is that you used a iphone to get them. I am not anti-professional, but I am a little bit anti "I am a professional" mentality if people let that limit their photography. What I mean is this: Life is more than a camera; photography is more than a photograph; a walk in the park really is more important than hassling a Hasselblad (it even has too many letters to spell).

Recently I was traveling by hard seat (mostly poor village people and students) on a train across China. People were splayed in gruesome positions trying to sleep. One sitting on the floor, head lolling back in a neighbor's lap; another leaning on his neighbor's chest, looking for all the world like the remains of a hanging victim. Mouths gaping open. Sprawled on the floor like war zone aftermath. All I had for taking pictures was my 30D buried in a backpack so it wouldn't get stolen. Besides, how to pull out a $2000 piece of machinery the size of Texas, screw up your face, adjust your zoom and "CLICK" away?

Now, the lady beside me had an...you guessed it...iphone. She happily snapped away without an apparent suspecting person. Then we would look at her pictures and giggle, making the hours pass a little more tolerably. Before we de-boarded, she showed me one last appalling picture--one she took of me sleeping.

jk

A good point well made Judy.

I like your travellers tail too, thanks.