WnSoft Forums

Integration of "Customize synchronization" to main window

Igor

Do you agree, if I will integrate "Customize synchronization" with main window in next version 5.2 (after 5.1 which scheduled for November)?

Currently timeline located in a separate window and not all functions available for slideshows on the timeline which available for slides in main window. Also you can't quickly switch between slides and timeline modes.

I suggest that "Timeline mode" button (renamed "Synchronization") in the main window switchs Slide list to the Timeline mode (with waveform). You can work with keypoints and access to all other features, including creating slideshow, access to Objects and animation editor which are impossible now from timeline mode. Also preview area of a slide will much larger at right-top corner of a window). Pressing "Slide list mode" will switch interface back to usual main window mode with Slide list.

In fact, no separate window more and unified interface.

Do you agree, if I will integrate "Customize synchronization" with main window in next version 5.2 (after 5.1 which scheduled for November)?

Igor, that sounds like a wonderful idea to me! I sometimes avoid using the timeline for the very reasons you describe. It is annoying and sometimes time-consuming to switch back and forth. I believe this change will make using the more sophisticated controls available in PtoE much easier for newer and less experienced users.

This (and the upcoming great news about the ability to include MPEG2 files in Video Builder) are both things I am looking forward to!

Thanks again for a wonderful product.

Currently timeline located in a separate window and not all functions available for slideshows on the timeline which available for slides in main window. Also you can't quickly switch between slides and timeline modes.

I suggest that "Timeline mode" button (renamed "Synchronization") in the main window switchs Slide list to the Timeline mode (with waveform). You can work with keypoints and access to all other features, including creating slideshow, access to Objects and animation editor which are impossible now from timeline mode. Also preview area of a slide will much larger at right-top corner of a window). Pressing "Slide list mode" will switch interface back to usual main window mode with Slide list.

In fact, no separate window more and unified interface.

Igor,

If it's not too difficult to program, this sounds like a major step forward. It will save a lot of jumping back and forth.

In fact I would go even further, and put some of the "customize-slide" parameters in the main window, too. At least display some of the more important ones like transition time and slide duration time.

Igor

This sounds a great idea and I can guess why you chose the label Synchronization. It is more desriptive of the option being chosen, but I favour labelling the button, "Time Line" Its what we all call it and while a small point I think its better.

It always seemed odd to me that we click the time line button and open up Customize Synchronization. I think Time Line is a better label.

Thanks for your comments!

Al,

In fact I would go even further, and put some of the "customize-slide" parameters in the main window, too. At least display some of the more important ones like transition time and slide duration time.

I'll try in v5.2, Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I love the idea, it sounds like a major improvement for the interface.

In the "synchronisation" mode, I guess :

- the user will see the transition effects in this window ?

- the user will hear the background music and sound files ?

And if you can add Al's suggestion (display transition time and slide duration time), it would be perfect ! :)

Cheer IGOR and always as much of thank you for these big new one.

She allow PTE to do a big leap forward and we will allow evolving in our mountings.

Again thank you

I have again a request, will have you an animated or not banner to integrate it on our sites.

Dominique,

In the "synchronisation" mode, I guess :

- the user will see the transition effects in this window ?

- the user will hear the background music and sound files ?

For both points - Yes!

And real preview of slide in thumb items of Slide list.

Cèlou,

I have again a request, will have you an animated or not banner to integrate it on our sites
Good idea! Thanks. We'll develop it and put to our website.

• 1 month later...

Integration of timeline to main window is going well. It really looks much better now in main window with ability quickly switch - Slides list or Timeline.

p.s. Excuse me for possible delays with my replies, I would like to concentrate on this task.

Igor, you said:

"Integration of timeline to main window is going well. It really looks much better now in main window with ability quickly switch - Slides list or Timeline."

I think that's just the flavour Pictures to Exe need to make it a really professional program; thanks a lot for your efforts.

Now only in the same timeline the possibility to use two or more soundtracks, with little handles to fade in and fade out.

Then we can do professional sync in real time!

Henri. :rolleyes: