WnSoft Forums

PTE Forum website infected with trojan again

fh1805

Peter/Igor

I have had the same experience as yesterday, on startup of PTE I was told by Norton that a TROJAN HORSE had been stopped. This is after I followed Peter's suggestion yesterday and deleted all of the Temporary Internet files.

Mike,

Just out of curiosity... what Norton product do you use? I, too, use Norton (Internet Security 2008) and it has never given me any alerts in a pop-up window. All I see is a pop-up banner in the IE window just below the tool bars with the warning message about the so-called Microsoft software.

Thankfully I'm savvy enough in IT to know that you don't touch these things, not even with a barge pole.

Peter

I have been using Norton Internet Security 2003 for a number of years and regularly update and maintain. The way in which it imforms me is as per the thumbnail below.

Thanks for the info, Mike

I guess the behaviour difference between your machine and mine must be down to a combination of the differences between Norton Internet Security 2003 on what looks like Windows XP (your machine) and Norton Internet Security 2008 on Vista (my machine).

Like you, I keep my protection files up-to-date - and the full scan at the weekend found nothing amiss. I also use Advanced WindowsCare Personal on a regular basis (about once per week) after Brian Conflow gave it a good report in one of his posts. It sometimes catches the occasional "malware" items that have slipped through Norton's normally secure grasp.

I firmly believe it is vital to have a layered defense on PCs these days.

Interestingly, I subscribe to another forum that uses Invision to power it and have had no trouble there. I wonder if Igor's site is being specifically targetted?