WnSoft Forums

Wintertime

Gilio

Gilio

What great subject matter you have there and it makes a nice show. I have to say though, the music and transitions just don't go together.

The music demands a faster transition than you have given and therefore the flow and a lot of the charm of your show is lost. I agree with your choice of slow transitions, the images will suit a slow transiton best, but you need a different piece of music to really set them off.

Something a little magical and slower.

BB

Merry Christmas to you!

Thank you for the slide show. I really like your winter pictures. I think BB has a point about the music. I like both music and pictures a lot, but the music makes me feel expectations different than the winter pictures show. The music does have a "sparkle" quality and inner warmth that makes me feel like I am watching winter with a warm coat on, so I think I know why you liked it for this show.

Some of the tree silhouettes are so pretty. My favorite picture is the little bird tracks and scratches.

Happy New year!

jk

Hi Gilio,

Thank you for your slideshow.

I agree with BB and Judy, I like both the show and the music but I think there is something to change/improve to make them fit perfectly.

If you want to keep the music, may be make your show more dynamic... :unsure:

I noticed a small problem on displaying your texts (beginning and end of slideshow) because they overlapp/are out of the screen (see images attached)... unless it's on purpose ?

post-2148-1198670153_thumb.jpg

post-2148-1198670580_thumb.jpg

Gilio,

As you probably know, there are a lot of screen ratio for PC : 5:4, 4:3, 15:9, 15:10, etc...

Please have a second look at the screenshots I took that correspond to what I saw on a 5:4 ratio screen.

I reduced the image but I kept the proportions of course.

On those screenshots, don't you see the text at the bottom overlaps and is even out of the screen ?

Or I am becoming mad ? :lol:

I too had the problem with text overlapping and running off the screen.

My screen setting is 1280x960.

Apart from that the show was fine.

A very different December to what we experience down here, thanks for cooling us down a little. B):)

Yes, i have the same problem on my laptop 1280x960 I have to find out what is wrong maybe width screen resolution. :unsure:

text with photoschop works fine, but with pte is the problem.

I have change the txt layers its oke now!

Gilio,

Are you using version 4.x? If so, there has always been a scaling problem with objects in this version which you can solve somewhat by adding transparent objects to the opposing corners of the image and grouping all objects together.

If not, could you please tell us more about the settings you are using - aspect ratio, image sizes, image mode (fit to slide, etc.), etc.

Gilio,

Is the attached still overlapping?

testwintertime_ar.zip

Al, the rotating one dollar coin was fine as was the scrolling text at the end on my 1280x960 screen which showed the overlapping text in Gilios show.

Yes, it's a zipped program - I couldn't attach the bare PTE file, "testwintertime_ar.pte", so had to zip it up. It's just an ordinary Windows zipped file, "testwintertime_ar.zip". (the "ar" are my initials to distinguish between my version and yours ;) ). You sent me a zipped file, so you should be able to unzip mine.

where are the pictures?

I assumed you already had the pictures, since you sent them to me in the first place. ;)

Just trying to reduce the size of my attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

Gilio,

I liked the show - great!

However text is cut off on right hand side - Music by:John Lome......... seems to be cut off (or is that it?).

This happens on both 1280x1024 and 1024x768 monitors.

If you have a 1400x1050 monitor (or are assembling to suit a 1400x1050 projector) then that could be the reason?

DaveG

Oke the remake of Wintertime is ready and I hope its right now, thanks members and others for the inspiration to make the show better.

Gilio, I think your remake is an improvement. The new music is much more appropriate for winter scenes and I'm not sure if you rearranged/replaced any images but they look better to me. It may be that with the better music/subject match the impression of the images is also raised.

Well done and thanks.

I did still have text running off the screen. (see attached screen shot).

post-3194-1199827203_thumb.jpg

Dave, main computer monitor is 1280x1024 max. set on 1024x768.

the show is made for projector 1400x1050. JVC beamer Dutch National Slideshow contest!

main computer has no problems at all.

When I use pte tekst editor I have to change the text with Transparent to selection button or use photoshop png file to get a picture of the txt. delete the old txt and put the png file in.

The second computer is a laptop 1280x960 the one I use for the projector.

laptop screen setting is on native resolution 1024x768 projector.

The main problem I get when I use only the pte txt editor.

I need to make png txt files.

also when I use pte tekst editor with txt type snowdrift or other type not standard windows type and I run the exe file on a different computer you can't see the original type font.

Gilio,

Many thanks - I am interested because this is relevent to something that I am working on right now.

How can you project your 1400x1050 show from your 1280 laptop? Is your show "Fit to screen" or in a 1400x1050 Window? Does your 1400x1050 show project in part of the screen of fill the screen?

Do you not need a laptop which is equal to or greater than 1400x1050 resolution to avoid interpolation of the show and therefore degredation?

Best wishes,

DaveG