WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe and Mac. Our plans

Igor

I would like to answer on many questions regarding work of PicturesToExe and created slideshows on Mac computers.

We started work on Mac version of PicturesToExe half year ago because of increased popularity of Mac computers and Mac OSX.

Probably it will be only for Intel based Macs.

As a first result of this work, since some future version, PicturesToExe will generate executable file of a slideshow for Mac computers. Although you will work with PicturesToExe under Windows, but the program will capable produce native executable file for Mac OSX and EXE file for Windows. And your slideshows can be played on PCs and on Macs.

Full version of "PicturesToExe for Mac" (editor, VideoBuilder, etc.) scheduled later. It's a stupendous work.

Great News Igor,

That will probably make PTE the only "Twin-Platform" Slideshow Program available anywhere in

the World. This will certainly find many users in Business and Design and the IT Industry once

the whole System is finished.

As you know, I said two years ago that the "Solid-State Computer" is just around the corner,

well from my sources in the PC Industry it seems that Mac are about to release such a PC.

So far its known as the Mac-G12, its completely solid state ~ with Solid State 'Hard Drive' and

embedded Op.System ~ no moving parts at all and will have a 12" Screen.

What an oppurtunity for 'PTE-Mac V.1' and in saying that, may I wish you and the Team good

luck and great speed in this major project.

Brian.Conflow.

Igor, as a Mac user since the Apple II (1979) and as a PC user because "all your neighbours have a PC", I'm sure you are your time (and the competition!) miles ahead by creating a P to E for both platforms. In my opinion this is a marvelous brainwave and many of us will be very grateful if you can realise this... After all, Mac OS10 Leopard is a fantastic system and the new iMac a beauty in design...

gr.

Henri. :rolleyes:

Great News Igor,

That will probably make PTE the only "Twin-Platform" Slideshow Program available anywhere in

the World. This will certainly find many users in Business and Design and the IT Industry once

As you know, I said two years ago that the "Solid-State Computer" is just around the corner,

well from my sources in the PC Industry it seems that Mac are about to release such a PC.

So far its known as the Mac-G12, its completely solid state ~ with Solid State 'Hard Drive' and

What an oppurtunity for 'PTE-Mac V.1' and in saying that, may I wish you and the Team good

Brian.Conflow.

It's already here - the ASUS Eee PC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eee_pc

Tim321,

The item you refer to is actually a 'PalmTop' not a full Laptop/Notebook nor PC ~ you may have noticed that Asus

are planning to bring out their version of a 'Solid State PC' sometime in 2008,see below:-

Quoted:-

"...ASUS has announced a desktop version of the Eee PC, without an integrated display, to be released in 2008.."

I was talking about a full-blown "Solid-State Mac Laptop" with Display including all the Bells & Whistles and Coms

Ports etc; and if you are in the PC Business you would agree that this is a (long-overdue) gigantic step in Business

Technology particularily as it will also run Windows.

Its a pity Microsoft didn't go down this route long ago, then of course they don't make PCs, more the pity as this

new Technology effectively puts an end to Hackers, Virus Makers and such like. Its going to be rather difficult for

these people who try and 'crack-into' a Solid State Op-System.

Brian.Conflow.

It is a full laptop with a Celeron processor, capable of running full-blown Windows, even if it doesn't ship with Windows natively. It's got USB ports, a VGA port and an Intel GMA 900 GPU, and everything else a "full-blown laptop" would have. What is it missing that wouldn't qualify it as a laptop? The only thing that's different is that it has a solid-state drive.

Tim321,

The item you refer to is actually a 'PalmTop' not a full Laptop/Notebook nor PC ~ you may have noticed that Asus

are planning to bring out their version of a 'Solid State PC' sometime in 2008,see below:-

Quoted:-

"...ASUS has announced a desktop version of the Eee PC, without an integrated display, to be released in 2008.."

I was talking about a full-blown "Solid-State Mac Laptop" with Display including all the Bells & Whistles and Coms

Ports etc; and if you are in the PC Business you would agree that this is a (long-overdue) gigantic step in Business

Technology particularily as it will also run Windows.

Its a pity Microsoft didn't go down this route long ago, then of course they don't make PCs, more the pity as this

new Technology effectively puts an end to Hackers, Virus Makers and such like. Its going to be rather difficult for

these people who try and 'crack-into' a Solid State Op-System.

Brian.Conflow.

This is great news ! With the growing numbers of Mac users (and for good reasons!), I think it is important that PTE becomes available for people of this growing community. On the French forum, we receive more and more requests; so, it would be perfect timing !

the World.

No, there is already one software which is Mac and Windows compatible; unfortunately it is only in French and thus not universally known. It is called "La Lanterne Magique", is freeware and has been developped by one of our 'Diaporam@Forum' members. If you have a minimum knowledge of French, you can have a look and try it; see: Lanterne Magique.

Gerald,

Very many thanks for that information about the French 'Twin-Platform' Image-Program for Macs.

Once again it clearly demonstrates the International desire to make the Mac-System compatible

with Windows and Microsoft Programs~ but the converse must also be desirable for Apple-Mac

Programs to run on Windows.

Appreciating that Steve Jobs of Apple-Mac and Bill Gates of Microsoft have been life long friends

and have recently been reported being in negotiations about 'Cross-Platform Support' for both

Systems, it seems that its only a mater of time before we see 'Cross-Platform Products' and it

is that advance which has prompted Mac to bring out the "Solid-State PC Computer".

Now with 'Twin-Processors' in Windows PCs and the advent of the 'Solid-State Hard Drive' and

the new 'IC Chip Operating Systems' its only a matter of months before these new Solid-State

PCs start hitting the markets.....and about time too!

Brian.Conflow.

And do I understand Igor correctly that the first accomplishment from Igor will be that we (all current PTE users), will now be able to share our presentations with Mac users without all the caveats and explanations and reams of concern? The Mac user will simply be able to receive same enjoyment as PC receivers of PTE shows.

Henri,

You said ".... I don't hope that with the solid state story you are saying that we don't need this revolutionary

version of Pictures to Exe....

Henri, I did not say that, thats your assumption !....being an Engineer I am not blind to Technical advancements,

they are a fact of life, and we all enjoy the benefits they bring not the least in Medicine and Communications.

One must understand that there are millions of Linux and Unix Computers out there and that Europe (+450.Million)

is fast moving towards the "Open Source Operating System" a fact which Igor is very aware of. Therefore its very

much in the in the interests of the WnSoft Team to develop this PTE-Project because it addresses two Markets:-

Apple-Mac and Open-Source Org ~ and more below.

'Vista & its Service Paks' will be the last of the Microsoft OP.Systems as the Corporation wants to return to its core

business in the Commercial sectors leaving a retail vacuum which Apple-Mac and 'Open-Source Org' wants to exploit.

No wonder that so many 'Cross-Platform' Programs are in development ~ thats a good thing because Windows users

won't be left Hi-&-Dry in the next 10 years. Igor has anticipated this and he is to be commended on a good business

decision in bringing PTE to Mac users and eventually to 'Open-Source' users.

The long overdue "Solid State Computer" was delayed by vested interests (enough said) and now that its a reality,

it could not have come at a more oppurtune time because its the ideal vehicle to suit both New Markets and the

old Win Market.

Hope this gives you a better understanding why 'Mac-Pte' must go ahead because it compliments the 'Old' whilst

developing the 'New' oppurtunities arising.

Brian.(Conflow)

Brian, you said: "No wonder that so many 'Cross-Platform' Programs are in development ~ thats a good thing because Windows users

won't be left Hi-&-Dry in the next 10 years. Igor has anticipated this and he is to be commended on a good business

decision in bringing PTE to Mac users and eventually to 'Open-Source' users."

Brian, being producer/director for TV I also know the neverending confrontation with new developments and, most of the time, advancements...

I'm sure we fully agree with the things Igor and his team are developing, and yes, of course open-source software must be part of this.

gr.

Henri. :rolleyes:

Henri,

Its nice to hear that you're in the 'Television Media Business' and I must admit I am looking forward to

Digital Television in Ireland which is just around the corner ~ that will bring some problems as we depend

on 4 Major Transmitter Systems ~ because of that RDS is not received everywhere in Ireland at this time.

So we have a lot of work to do.

It's also nice to know that others appreciate which way the PC.Industry is developing, particularily here in

Europe and as I said, I commend Igor on such a brave business decision they being such a young Company.

All the best for now..

Brian Kelly (Snr)

Conflow Services.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi

Is there any further news regarding the availability of PTE for Mac?

I have just registered on the forum on hearing a comment that such plans were afoot - and I found this (now quite old in current development terms?) thread.

I do use PTE on my PC, but would it would be good to be able to use my 'new' iMac - which I intend to use for the images work.

Cheers

Geoffrey

As a first result of this work, since some future version, PicturesToExe will generate executable file of a slideshow for Mac computers. Although you will work with PicturesToExe under Windows, but the program will capable produce native executable file for Mac OSX and EXE file for Windows. And your slideshows can be played on PCs and on Macs.

Igor have you any time frame in which this is likely to happen?

Geoff

Hi folks,

I am following lessons for photoshop CS3.

The classroom is equiped with iMAC's! some start up in mac OS, the others

start the imac with vista, and it works fantastic!

very good image quality!!

an PTE exe 5.6 didnt work on OS10 bud was exellent with vista.

I think my next PC will be a iMAC....

greetings

Luc M

Great News Igor,

Brian.Conflow.

Nope. Here is a program that has been around for awhile that is both for the PC and Mac. Its called Photo to Movie. http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/phototomovie.php

May not be as nice as P2E, but its a pretty good program.

Auser.