WnSoft Forums

New Slide Show

Barry Beckham

Ah you like all your images almost square, you have been watching too much TV :rolleyes:

<snip>

Go on push the boat out onve in a while and watch at 1280*1024 :P

(Said in response to another poster who preferred watching at 1024*768)

1280*1024 is a ratio of 1.25:1, or 5:4, while 1024*768 is a ratio of 1.33:1, or 4:3, so BBd's preference for the former is actually the squarer of the two.

BBd also says elsewhere in this thread that he prefers to match the format of his shows with that of his camera, implying therefore his camera is also 5:4.

Have I missed something?

Colin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin

Yes you have missed something, I may base my show to be played on a 1280*1024 monitor, but I retain the format from my camera. (most of the time anyway)

This leaves me the choice of presentation for the part of the screen not used for the actual picture

Barry,

Thanks very much for making the tutorial available for free, a very generous gesture. It downloaded and worked perfectly for me, no messing with anything. In your earlier tutorials you used to use Camtasia have you changed or does Camtasia produce wmv files now?

It was interesting to see how much darker the images appeared in the tutorial than they did on the show. I guess this is another feature of the recording process.

Kind regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I do use Camtasia still and it can produce all sorts of file types. The difference in brightness, is probably a slight difference between monitors, but its not something I have noticed here.

I see that AVG free is still causing prroblems for some and perhaps AVAST anti virus software is a better option which is also free