WnSoft Forums

New Slide Show

Barry Beckham

Anthony

We looked for you at Focus yesterday 12:00 at the Canon stand, thought we would see you.

By the way, heard of a guy recently who went to the national gallery, but he took a piece of cardboard with a square hole cut in the middle.

He wanted to put it over the paintings as he liked to see them differently than the author meant them to be seen :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry,

Regarding 'Focus'...At 11.15 am I had a phone call to tell me that my new shower for my new bathroom was being delivered instead of today. So I then had to wait for it.

However I managed to get along today and spent an hour or so wandering around. It has become more and more a show for the pros and commercial boys...weddings and large printers etc. I thought the Canon stand was good.

Sorry to have missed you both but look forward to seeing you at Chester.

I think there were a number at the National Gallery sharing that piece of cardboard!!!!!!!!!

Take care

Anthony

We may be leaving the UK, but what we do will not change. We intend to carry on creating DVD's while people still want them.

We are on the final stages of obtaining a Visa for Australia and have met all their stipulations. So its not a case of if, but when we go now. There has been a delay on the visa type we have applied for, but it will be July at the latest. Hopefully sooner.

We expected it about now, but it appears they have met their quota for the next few months. I wonder why so many people want to leave the UK?

Will the last one please switch off the lights. :rolleyes:

How interesting our lives are. Our youngest daughter and her husband just obtained their work visa for their move to London in March. They just returned from London this past Sunday night after renting their flat and working on other details. And yes, the visa work took several months! Included in these requirements was the necessity of each party sending their college diploma (not framed) to the UK for personal inspection. Following that, the items were returned. So, many dollars and months later, they're on their way next month! :rolleyes:

Cottage

No worries mate! We will leave the lights on when we leave :rolleyes:

I wouldn't live in London if you paid me to, been there done that, got fed up with it.

But, as they say one man's meat is another man's poison, Goog luck to them, which part of London is there flat?

I wouldn't live in London if you paid me to, been there done that, got fed up with it.

But, as they say one man's meat is another man's poison, Goog luck to them, which part of London is there flat?

Barry,

They've rented a 1 year old flat in the Canary Wharf area. This will be a very good move for them and we're quite proud. It will not only increase their international exposure/experience, which boast well on their resumes, but will also add quite a few quid in their pockets! Since entering the business world many years ago, they've continued to move up the ladder nicely.

As a side bonus, Karen and I will have a nice stopping off place with family before traveling on to Cornwall for our much loved holidays. :rolleyes:

Bill

Cottage

Until we moved up to Cambridgeshire 4 years ago, the previous 50 were spent very close to where your daughter will be, both living and working.

In fact I was the Operations Director for the main bus operator in East London and Docklands was well in our area.

Not sorry to heave left though.

Hope they do well and enjoy themselves into the bargain

Barry,

Sorry this may be abit "back" to the subject and techniques of your slidshow. Hope you can stand that.

Realize you have become "caught up" :rolleyes: in the idea of changing things to meet your customers..HA.

I posted on my original thread about how much I enjoyed your show. Absolutely FANTASTIC. Any tutorials

would most certainly be welcomed on your techniques. Count me in. Again..thanks for the inspirational show.

Tim

For those with broadband who want to see a video tutorial on the Another Age technique, see below. They will be available for a few days to PTE forum members. The slide show that inspired the videos is here

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/freestuffdigslidesw3.htm

Remember this slide show is best viewed at 1280*1024

For the Photoshop video click below

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/downloads/...age/montage.zip 65meg running for 29 minutes

For the Elements video click below

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/downloads/...age/montage.zip 58 meg running for 32 minutes

If you unzip all the files into one folder, then click the start.exe file you can run the video and demo slide show from a menu. Videos are wmv files that will run in Windows Media player.

Barry

Thank you for that, it was excellent as your tutorials usually are. I assumed you used Elements 6. I have Elements 5 is there much difference? I never knew you could fake mask like that I have just been erasing to layer below but that was really much better.

Thank you for sharing.

David

Barry,

Many thanks for the Elements video. You've opened my eyes to so many new opportunities to be creative using Elemens for AV image preparation. All I need now are the right sort of images and I'll definitely have a go at a montage.

Barry

Thank you for sharing the tutorial with us all, it is a great effect and I am sure that we will all give it ago. Of course you have just distracted me from what I was doing, now my mind is on what subject matter can I use to do a montage. I can always do the house decorating, next year. Thanks again.

Can I ask if you all found your way around the menu and got it working OK

I have started presenting downloads like this, but I can only assume it's working fine on all machines. Normally I inlcude the starting images, but to get this technique all in, the file size became quite large enough.

Barry,

There did seem to be a "bug" in the way you had packaged it. I downloaded the Elements version. After the download completed I opened the zip file in WinZip and extracted to a new folder that I created as I did the extract.

I then ran Start.exe and got your Menu screen up. As this was my first dealing with your tutorial system it took a moment or two to realise that I had to click on the Video button to move on. When I did and selected "Creating a Montage", I got an error pop-up stating that it couldn't find the file. After studying the situation I initially concluded that it was because it was looking for "creating a montage.wmv" (all lowercase) whereas you had packaged it as "Creating a Montage.wmv" (mixed case). I renamed this file to lowercase and tried again. Same error!

After further consideration I spotted that it was looking for the wmv file in a sub-folder \videos\. I created that sub-folder, moved the wmv file there and - hey presto - all worked OK.

Perhaps you need to reassess your testing methodology and ensure that you replicate the actions of both a first time customer and a repeat business customer.

As I say, a little glitch in the match up between your instructions and your packaging - but easily resolved.

You obviously adopt a very professional approach to your work and your "deliverables" so I guess you'll want to sort this out for the benefit of future customers and to preserve your high reputation.

I would have posted you sooner but got embroiled in some problems with my driving school business. Using the coffee break time to reply now.

Extra info added at c.11:50am

Barry,

Having read DJH's post below I re-visited what I did. I still get the problem and can confirm that the case of the filename is a red-herring. It's the need to put the wmv in a folder called videos that is the real issue.

I wonder if it was the way it was extracted?

Just reporting I had no such problems.

In XP I just right clicked the zip file, hit extract all, used the default directory given and then in the folder clicked start.exe and everything worked fine. In the Extras I think there is a typo ' None not Mone ' but that's all.

David

fh1805

Something is wrong at your end I think, the video was in a folder called video and still is. It can't be wrong if it worked fine for David.

Incidently I am used to this method of packaging and don't usually screw up the very file I wish to present. However, I am downloading the group of files I origanally put up to see what happens when I unzip it.

Thanks for the feedback anyway

On trying to unzip the Elements file I posted yesterday I am getting a virus warning via AVG free. I also get the same warning on a tutorial DVD that was made ages ago and has been perfect up to now.

It seems that a change in virus definitions from AVG (TODAY) is picking up a false positive in the start.exe file I use in my menus. Its the same sort of thing that we experienced with PTE some time ago.

Just be warned it is not a virus, but it may prevent you from unzipping this file structure

I have contacted AVG free by email to advise them, so hopeully they will address it soon.

Hi Barry

No problems with the download or the playing of the .exe file. Only slight probelm with the view in Creating a Montage, the buttons are overlapping the text, see thumbnail below.

BARRY'S file'S

1600.exe

montage.zip

menu.zip

showing virus when scanned with

AVG Database: 269. 21.4 1312 UPDATED MAR 4 08

BARRY'S lakeside3.exe tests ok -- it was the last false virus reported by someone on forum aug 07 -- exe was posted nov 05 +-

I HAVE ADVISED IGOR AND THE OTHER MODERATORS OF THIS FALSE VIRUS

ken

BARRY'S file'S

1600.exe

montage.zip

menu.zip

showing virus when scanned with

AVG Database: 269. 21.4 1312 UPDATED MAR 4 08

I HAVE ADVISED IGOR AND THE OTHER MODERATORS OF THIS FALSE VIRUS

ken

Barry didn't make it with PTE. It's probably a false virus, but no problem today with PTE.

JPD is right, AVG is picking up an exe file from the menu software Multi Media Builder. I have tried to inform both AVG and MMB, but its a devil of a job trying to get an email to AVG free.

Even now I am not sure I have got to the right place.

The best laid plans of mice and men. You sweat blood for a professional looking menu system and the virus software tells you it has a virus when it doesn't and then will not allow you to unzip it... Just great :(

Its almost enough to make you give up ;)