WnSoft Forums

RON WILKINSON

Ken Cox

I wrote to

suttoncameraclub@hotmail.co.uk

asking about Ron

my notes and replies from

David Wilkinson

Ron used to frequent the picts to exe forum quite frequently -- a year or so ago his last entry was that he was going to have an operation.

we have not heard from him since -- is he okay?

ken

From: David Wilkinson [mailto:suttoncameraclub@hotmail.co.uk]

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:28 AM

To: pbyk@sympatico.ca

Subject: RE: RON WILKINSON

Hi Ken,

The operation Ron had last year was to remove a cancerous tumour from his lower leg. Whilst this operation was a success

it appeared that the cancer had spread to the surrounding bones.

Late last year it was confirmed that he has a form of bone cancer and is currently undergoing a series of treatments for

this. Though he is quite poorly the treatment is going well. He has been in and out of hospital quite frequently over

the past six months and spent most his time in a care home to help him cope with the treatment.

He therefore has been unable to do much work on his computer, including pictures to exe, but hopefully he will be able

to resume this later in the year.

Thank you for enquiring about him and I will mention to him that you have been in touch.

Kind regards,

David Wilkinson

Sutton Camera Club - Webmaster

David

forgot to ask

-- is this info confidential

-am sure some other members of forum are interested in Ron's status

ken

Hi Ken,

You are welcome to tell others members of the forum this news.

Obviously Ron is unable to check is e-mails at present so I would suggest that no-one tries to contact him at the moment.

Rgds,

David

Ken

SINCE I INITIATED THIS THREAD RON HAS PASSED AWAY

SEE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=52811

KEN

Ken,

Thanks for providing this update on Ron W. He was indeed a very cheerful, keen, and active member of the Forum for several years and many of us miss his sage advice and regular contributions.

Ron, we hope that your treatments will be successful so you will be able to join us here on the Forum soon, and that you will have many more creative years with Pictures to Exe.

All the best!

I wrote to

suttoncameraclub@hotmail.co.uk

asking about Ron

my notes and replies from

David Wilkinson

Ron used to frequent the picts to exe forum quite frequently -- a year or so ago his last entry was that he was going to have an operation.

we have not heard from him since -- is he okay?

ken

I would like to send my best wishes to Ron. We know him well and hope that he soon recovers from this setback and joins in with the discussions about PTE 5.5 and beyond. I have always admired the way that at 80+ Ron has taken on modern technology with the best of us. He seems far more knowledgeable than most. He has put me right from time to time!

There will be many others in the RPS AV Group, Ron, who would wish to add their names to this 'get well soon' note.

Peter Coles

From: David Wilkinson [mailto:suttoncameraclub@hotmail.co.uk]

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:28 AM

To: pbyk@sympatico.ca

Subject: RE: RON WILKINSON

Hi Ken,

The operation Ron had last year was to remove a cancerous tumour from his lower leg. Whilst this operation was a success

it appeared that the cancer had spread to the surrounding bones.

Late last year it was confirmed that he has a form of bone cancer and is currently undergoing a series of treatments for

this. Though he is quite poorly the treatment is going well. He has been in and out of hospital quite frequently over

the past six months and spent most his time in a care home to help him cope with the treatment.

He therefore has been unable to do much work on his computer, including pictures to exe, but hopefully he will be able

to resume this later in the year.

Thank you for enquiring about him and I will mention to him that you have been in touch.

Kind regards,

David Wilkinson

Sutton Camera Club - Webmaster

David

forgot to ask

-- is this info confidential

-am sure some other members of forum are interested in Ron's status

ken

Hi Ken,

You are welcome to tell others members of the forum this news.

Obviously Ron is unable to check is e-mails at present so I would suggest that no-one tries to contact him at the moment.

Rgds,

David

Ken

Ken,

I did not know Ron Wilkinson personally but I do recall his many contributions here

on the Forum and we did have some 'Off-Forum' exchanges. I join with Jean-Pierre

and Al in wishing him a fast recovery and a fast return to his Sutton Camera Club

and in particular 'thank you' for bringing this to our attention.

Brian.

Guest Techman1

Ken,

Thanks for following up on Ron! Please pass along my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. We look forward to your healthy return soon Ron!

Best regards,

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

I am very sorry to have to give you the sad news that Ron Wilkinson died early on 23rd April.

He had been ill with cancer for some time and since Christmas had a couple of spells in hospital.

The funeral will be on May 6th - family flowers only, with donations if desired to "Prostrate Cancer Research Foundation"

to be sent to Fredk W Paine, Funeral Directors, 151 Epsom Rd, Sutton, Surrey. SM3 9EY

I received this sad news in a letter from Ron's son.

Ron was a very active member of the PTE Forum and always keen to help anyone progress with their AV skills.

He was the first person to obtain a Licentiateship of the Royal Photographic Society in digital AV and despite his advanced years was always keen to keep up to date with new developments in AV.

He will be greatly missed and I send my deepest sympathy to his family at this sad time.

Maureen

I am deeply saddened to hear of Ron’s death, he was the fist to answer any questions I had, he will be sadly missed by our forum members

My condolences to his family

Tom

It's always a sad occasion when an associate passes over, and

although we may not meet personally we certainly meet in spirit

through our Communications on this Forum ~

Such was Ron Wilkinson, a great Communicator and he will be

sadly missed here.

With respectful condolences to his Family.

Brian Kelly,

Conflow Services.

It is sad to think that we shall no longer read Ron's regular contributions and opinions and the fact that he could sometimes be quite feisty simply added to his character. He will be missed by many of us and I would like to send my condolences to his family.

Andrew

(Severn Bore)

I would just like to add my expression of thanks for Ron's life and the effect he had on so many AV folk in his later years. This site gave him the audience he needed and many appreciated the words he wrote to us here. I hope we all remember him for many years to come.

Peter Coles