WnSoft Forums

Albedo 0.39

I have a slide show that some may be interested in, but it's not for the feint hearted. It is around 150 meg in size so will take some downloading for some. It uses fractals that Greg Gordon told me about. He has a few of these shows on his site www.greggordonphotography.com

The software to create them is called Apophysis and it's free.

The show had been made for 1280*1024 screens and may not be seen at it's best at other resolutions. Remember, you can easily change resolution to watch a show made at a different resolution and change it back after, it only takes seconds.

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/slideshow/Albedo_0.39.zip

Cèlou

Don't worry, Your not going daft, it was my fault. I uploaded the file, added my thread and then realised that I had uploaded the file to the wrong place and had to do it again.

I guess you clicked to download before enough of the file was uploaded.

I have a slide show that some may be interested in, but it's not for the feint hearted. It is around 150 meg in size so will take some downloading for some. It uses fractals that Greg Gordon told me about. He has a few of these shows on his site www.greggordonphotography.com

Beautifully different. Awesome!

Dave

Great work, Barry. Well done! I really enjoyed the show. Have downloaded the program and will try playing with it. Probably will not use it in PTE, but will enjoy playing with the program.

Howard

I guess members are not impressed with fractals then :lol:

Actually, I downloaded the software program you mentioned and am enjoying playing with it. It definitely can be addictive. As for your slideshow, I would really love to see it. I'm sure it is well-done as always. Unfortunately, I tried a couple of times and I just can't afford the bandwidth right now to pull down a 150 MB file (I am on a satellite connection). Any chance you could put together a "light" version of the show?

I guess members are not impressed with fractals then.

It's the summer (just) and time for outdoor things :rolleyes:

I thought the fractals were fascinating but I found the show a little tedious after a while. Never the less Barry I think it is a great concept and thanks for introducing us to another innovation. I downloaded the program and although it obviously has a lot of potential I found it very hard to get to grips with. I searched around and found a programme called Fractal Science Kit and found that very much better. There is an excellent online tutorial, that is easy to follow and is just the sort of thing I need to get me started. The downside is that after trying the programme you have to pay $29 if you want to keep on using it. I thought however that this was excellent value. You can check it out at:

http://www.fractalsciencekit.com/

I have only had a very short play with it but the variations look endless. It would take me a very long time to produce a show based on the fractals so don't hold your breath. :lol:

Kind regards

Peter

This wasn't a serious use or anything to demonstrate fractals, just playing with them for this sequence. I can't see myself returning to them, but they do have the ability to while away a few winter evenings.

Yes, I know it's summer now, though you wouldn't believe it in the UK. Global warming in reverse.

Barry, I think your integration of fractals into a PTE sequence is excellent. Some years ago I was excited by fractals and thought I might make an interesting PTE presentation of them. At that level, I found it was interesting and compelling to create the fractals but not very interesting to then just watch them displayed in the PTE format as I was trying. I think your Albedo 0.39 is a very creative and effective use and certainly could stimulate ideas from others. Thanks for sharing.