WnSoft Forums

Questions on next version 5.6

Igor

Hello everybody,

I am a new Pte user and of course I can't understand instantly everything about keeping or not the original mode, but one thing is sure : This mode is usefull, this mode has been used successfully quite a lot of times in the past, and it is quite always dangerous to change fundamentals inside any software, just because of compatibilty problems in the future. Moreover JPD gives you as far as I know well documented explanations and proposals... So, I agree with you, he is not the developer in charge to program Pte, but, he is undoubtedly one of the most concerned and qualified people in using Pte, and more than this, a great defender of this software. So please do your best to study his proposal in order to find the best solution for everybody and Pte itself. Thank you in advance.

Besides, masks possibilites are great in V5.6, congratulations.

Best Rgds.

Lionel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Igor,

I've been using PTE for 2 years now, and with such a great delight, I have noticed all the improvements you've made to the initial PTE. MANY THANKS for your highly helpfull and appreciated work.

With the last version 5.5, I said to myself, "that's it", I got the key to the art of diaporama :rolleyes: (thanks to the original mode and the use of JPD 's "cales, it is very comfortable to work with, and to know that everybody can watch your diaporama correctly, no matter how wide their screens are) . Needless to say, we are real "original mode" supporters

and ...in the last version, I learned that you are intending to give up the "original mode" ... :(

Version 5.6. is no doubt very convenient and fun with great new features....but I keep thinking that If "the original mode" is maintained , PTE would be an outstanding software for diaporama.

Sincerely yours

Marjolaine

...Needless to say, we are real "original mode" supporters...

Sincerely yours

Marjolaine

=================

Greetings,

I have been reading all of the "original mode" postings and have been trying to understand them, without much luck. When I read JPD's postings, I think my head exploded. :blink: I have always used the default setting, "fit to slide" so I have no experience using "original mode" and don't really comprehend why it is useful. I would appreciate if someone could give me a very simply and as non-technical explanation as possible why and when someone needs it. I am trying not to be too dense but I am missing something. I think it has to do with playing the show on a PC or projector that would have a different screen size than the original, but it escapes me what the problem is and what the solution is when all of you are saying we need the "original mode".

Many thanks in advance if someone can educate me... Gary

Gary and others,

JPD has asked me to study his proposal and comment on it. I am in the middle of an e-mail exchange with Jean-Pierre to clarify my understanding and will post a summary statement here once that dialogue is complete.

Patience everyone, please!

regards,

Peter

=================

Greetings,

I have been reading all of the "original mode" postings and have been trying to understand them, without much luck. When I read JPD's postings, I think my head exploded. :blink: I have always used the default setting, "fit to slide" so I have no experience using "original mode" and don't really comprehend why it is useful. I would appreciate if someone could give me a very simply and as non-technical explanation as possible why and when someone needs it. I am trying not to be too dense but I am missing something. I think it has to do with playing the show on a PC or projector that would have a different screen size than the original, but it escapes me what the problem is and what the solution is when all of you are saying we need the "original mode".

Many thanks in advance if someone can educate me... Gary

When we speak of original mode, it's for objects on all level but the first were we put a file or a rectangle, the hight of which is the nominal hight of our pictures and a very little width, this object is fit to screen, so all objects which are its chidren and are in original mode resample as this first level object, so their size depend also of the screen definition.

It's a method in order PTE know which is the nominal size of the pictures, no more.

The word "original" is because it's the name in PTE, nominal size would be more correct for the use we do.

When you work like that, the number of pixels you put is the same than this we could find in Photoshop or others, it's easier to work when there are several objects and several levels, it would be sad to have a genious thing as the relationship parent-children in PTE and can't use it easily. With original mode it's possible to put exactly and easily the objects at the right place. Without this mode, it's too much difficult to try.

Hello

forgive the google translation.

I do not like to try the beta mostly too young, I just finally put me to version beta 4

I can only regret the disappearance of the original mode if they want to work with file parent / child it is much easier to work with the original mode of version 5.5 of PTE

I would defend a 100% JPD, JPD is a good spokesman for the French, several of us thought as JPD, but dare not come to the forum WNSOFT like me but good as long as my message gets through, even in poor translation google ...

We can not imagine how this is original but it can not be used for video when he would always be present for EXE.

I already participate in many public gala presentation or slideshow achieve with or without PTE, but all the achievements are still in EXE format and video files ever to ensure the best possible image quality.

Personally I am from proshow on PTE crossing the PTE 5 Just because its image quality was remarkable and exceptional.

I used to work in "original mode" with "cale" as described and is an JPD very easy to use PTE.

It would be a pity if I have to stay just 5.5 on ESC for an original mode disappears.

Good day

Hi Igor,

I am not going to enter in the technical discusion as the subject is so well presented by Jean-Pierre.

I just want to confirm my full support to his request and tell that the most important from a user standpoint of vu, is to be able to get a perfect continuity from one version to an other.

This is particulary true for the Original mode that we really used almost in each Show we created.

This as been the way we teached user's to work whith PTE.

Regards

Jean-Claude

... Original mode ...

Dear colleagues from France,

we all know that a particular French group of PTE users would like it, if WnSoft would maintain the Original Mode. I think that there is no further need to organize still more forum members in order to repeat this particular request again and again.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

we all know that a particular French group of PTE users would like it, if WnSoft would maintain the Original Mode. I think that there is no further need to organize still more forum members in order to repeat this particular request again and again.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Xaver,

Igor wrote : "I very appreciate your opinion, but it also would be interesting to hear other users what they think about this change?"

Maybe you don't know but for instance 1colibri made a tutorial about the cales and original mode, it's here.. Other people as Marjolaine made many slideshows with this method since a long time, you can see some of her slideshows here.

Even they are french, they are users exactly as others, and generally, because of the language, french aren't ear here, a very few of them write here, that don't mean nobody in France use PTE. Of course, there are 3 important forum dedicated to slideshows in France, most of there members (there aren't only french but also users from Canada, Belgique, Switzerland and others countries) use PTE, and one of them is dedicated to PTE, it's easiest to explain the method in french than in english, it have been explained on them, it's the reason for which french speaking people are more concerned, because many amongst them know the method and its results.

I have give here my templates, very few people were interested, you are one of those who look at them and understand how it work, but not sure that Wnsoft forum members know and use the method.

What I try to do is to save the fantastic possibility PTE give us, I would have prefer you try to see if my proposal is good or not. The last proposal permit to have a result better than the cale, without to have to use them, I really think it would be good for everybody.

Xaver, do you really think that if I am alone to say "I have an idea" that Igor will take it ? No, absolutely no, as he says himself... see above.

I would happy that others as french, do as Lin, Maureen, Morasoft...: read and try to understand the proposal and give their opinions. I answer to those who write me for more explanations.

Please don't ask to people of one country to stop to write, it's make me very sad.

Best regards, Xaver Munich

Auf befehl mein Herr !!!!!

You have not the authority to give such nutty commands ! :ph34r:

How much PTE user per nation can give an opinion about a problem ? ... Do we have to give figurs per quota ? per inhabitant ? per licence pro nation ?

If the repetition of identical comments worries you, just go your way and relax... You are not obliged to read each of them ! :blink:

There is a problem with the lack of original mode, does it desagree to you or not :P

Members of this forum (whatever your nationality and mother-tongue),

I speak to you as a Moderator of this forum and as someone whom, I hope, has earned your respect.

The direction in which the recent posts are taking this thread is totally counter-productive. Personal arguments should not be part of this forum.

The latest version of PTE (v5.6) has caused severe problems for some users of PTE because Igor has withdrawn a feature (Original size) that they use extensively in building their sequences. This feature, and the way in which they used it, enabled them to build a sequence at a single resolution that could quickly and easily be resized to any other resolution. For example:

- they could build a sequence at 1024x768 and then quickly and easily resize it to fill a 1280x1024 screen

- they could build a sequence at 1920x1280 and then quickly and easily resize it down to a 1024x768 projector

JPD in his two lengthy posts has explained a new method that could be used in PTE that would achieve the same result in a different manner and, moreover, would do the resize totally automatically. Using JPD's technique the exe file would be created at whatever size the user wanted it at but would automatically adjust to the resolution of the PC monitor on which it was played or to the resolution of the projector through which it was beamed.

I am in the middle of a dialogue (off forum) with JPD trying to ensure that my understanding of his proposal is absolutely correct. I will also be trying to understand how we, as users, would give the algorithm the five parameters it needs to do its work.

I ask you all: please show a little more tolerance of one another's views.

And a final BIG please... please give JPD and I some more time for me to get a full understanding of his proposal and how it might be implemented. If it is as I currently understand it, then it offers an opportunity to both simplify and enhance PTE for all users.

regards,

Peter

Hello all,

I think that the request for original mode has been heard, it has been repeated many times. I don't think that there is a need for putting permanent pressure on the development team. I'm glad to notice that at least Peter's head remains cool.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

...This feature, and the way in which they used it, enabled them to build a sequence at a single resolution that could quickly and easily be resized to any other resolution. For example:

- they could build a sequence at 1024x768 and then quickly and easily resize it to fill a 1280x1024 screen

- they could build a sequence at 1920x1280 and then quickly and easily resize it down to a 1024x768 projector...

regards,

Peter

==============

Peter,

Thanks for the info. I now see why there is so much commotion about this feature. I could never really grasp exactly why it would be so useful. Now I see. I don't know how to use it yet but I see that it can be a very helpful tool. I will wait to see the outcome of this debate.

Thanks... Gary

je ne parle pas anglais aussi j'écris en français et met la traduction Google

I do not speak English as I write in French and put the Google translation

Bonjour,

Je suis une conteuse qui illustre pour des enfants , ses contes en pratiquant beaucoup les "animations d' objets."

Je fais plus d' animation que d'images fixes .

Hors le mode " Original", me facilite la vie et m' est nécessaire , pratiquant les parents /enfants ....

Bien à vous

Françoise P"

Hello,

I am a storyteller who shows for children, many tales practicing the "animations of objects."

I do more animation than still images.

Outside the "Original" makes my life easier and me is necessary, engaging parents / children ....

Sincerely yours

Françoise P "

Xaver .... I would have prefer you try to see if my proposal is good or not ....

Hello Jean-Pierre,

In the meantime I had some time to look at your proposal. In principle, I do agree with your method, at least in the question for the need of (as you call it) the "virtual object" and the "nominal format", see also my remarks here.

I'm not sure, if all users would like it if "fit" and "cover" would be canceled. Here I think of users who do not care that much for 100% precise placement of objects, and who do not want to count pixels when resizing images.

It is impossible for me to argue on Igor's remark that the original mode causes trouble. In order to make a statement on this subject, I would need to see a precise specification of this mode: How to place a child in original mode into its parent (having its own mode), and how to deal with PZR-parameters. But I do not consider this to be my job.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

I do not think it is a French alliance to unite behind all JPD is simply a matter of common sense.

The French and those who speak French do you dislike are very good editors.

To persuade you, do not hesitate to watch their montages.

Several forums offer works for download: Diapositif, Diapovision, The DCCN, Diaporam@Forum, as well as particular sites such as JPD and mine amongst others.

And even if you do not understand our language, make efforts as we use a translator because they have a big feature that I find great is that it works both ways

I'm one of those Americans who love grass roots efforts to bring about change. But don't blame it on our country alone! We learned it from the French during the French Revolution! Liberte! Fraternite! Egalite! You British are always trying to put down rebellion ever since a few folks in Boston threw a little of your tea into the ocean! (If my humor is out of place I will publicly apologize)

I do respect all members here, deeply. We have egalite. I would also offer that the liberte to express our wants and hopes is OK. Of course we should be respectful. I know there are language differences; I think that adds color and I have long loved it. I speak to my wife about my "friends" from UK, Russia, France, Spain, US, and where else? We can be slow to take offense, if we bother to take offense at all--this is just a forum after all. However it is to PTE's credit that people take it so seriously!

I don't use the the "Original Size" feature, though I might have if I had known about it earlier. But the more I read about it the more useful it seems.

I will be patient for these features however long they take...I love PTE enough just as it is.

-----------

But, since I'm here anyway, can we sometime reconsider these features?

1. A way to keep the customize slide dialog box open in order to process customization of many slides faster (big issue for me)

2. No limit on the number of icon colors (minor detail)

Long live fraternite!

I do not think it is a French alliance to unite behind all JPD is simply a matter of common sense.

The French and those who speak French do you dislike are very good editors.

To persuade you, do not hesitate to watch their montages.

Cèlou,

I 'm sorry to say that I am not sure what you want to say. Please send me your message in French. I can ask a French colleague of mine for a translation into German.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi All,

I would like to know more about "Cale" In English the Translation appears to be "Gauge Block" I have searched the net but this is the closest thing found

to it:-

Projected random patterns have been used to measure the shape of discontinuous objects. A sequence of independent random patterns are projected onto the object. These images are analyzed by use of the technique called temporal digital speckle photography (DSP) that is introduced here. With temporal DSP the spatial resolution of the shape measurement is improved considerably compared with previously reported results with projected random patterns. A calibration procedure is described that uses a sequence of independent random patterns to calibrate measurement volume. As a result, independent space coordinates for each subimage are obtained. The accuracy is of the order of 1/1000 of the field of view where a subimage size of 8 pixels seems to be a good compromise between reliability and spatial resolution.

Can anyone help in simple terms as old age can be a pest at times like these.

Thanks.

Ray

Ray,

...I would like to know more about "Cale" In English the Translation appears to be "Gauge Block"...

I'm working with JPD on an explanation of the "Cale" method in English. I hope to have something to post in a day or so.

As I have pleaded elsewhere on this forum in the last 48 hours - patience, please!!!

regards,

Peter

I said I will add some informations to complete the proposal so it's I am doing :

8 - About OA Windows :

7_OA_options.jpg

8.1 - For properties :

8.1.1 - When it's a picture, some new features would be interesting :

First : give the size of the selected picture in pixels, that help to work, not obliged to see it with Explorer or other.

Secondly : invert color of a picture. This feature as absolutely no sense in a slideshow but is often usefull when making a slideshow : It will possible to put at the right position an object above a main picture, I made a long time ago a ttutoril about that, it simplest to see it to understand what I mean, it's here

Thirdly : Flip the picture (horizontal), like in a mirror, it would sometimes be usefull when simulate the rotation of a picture. I don't think it' usefull to have a vertical flip, to to it, it's enought to use the horizontal flip and use a 180° rotation.

8.1.2 - When it's a Frame or a rectangle, only one feaature possible :

Put as default value those of the current format

8.1.3 - When it's a text, only a change which have been ask on this forum :

Give the size of font as others programs do, for a default zoom at 100%. It' would be possible now because PTE would know the nominal size of format, of course like in Photoshop, a size for instance of 24 seems smaller on a 1280 x 960 picture (or format for PTE) than on a 800 x 600 picture (always format for PTE), I think it would not necessary to keep Quality option, it would always be possible to put a bigger size, twice for instance, and use a zoom of 50%.

8.2 - For common :

8.2.1 - Position, like in V5.5 :

This option isn't absolutely necessary but is very usefull sometimes, else the position would be in pixels.

8.2.2 - A button to calculate and put the right zoom value in order the object become fit to parent. The value would be for the current keypoint. Would be usefull sometimes for those which doesn't resize there photos (would work as the option explain in point 5 in #83 post.

Note, I thought to have the same button for Cover parent, but really I haven't imgine which utility it would have

For animation, no change. I have forget Mask button, but of course it must be add as in V5.6

Bobo,

...A way to keep the customize slide dialog box open in order to process customization of many slides faster (big issue for me)...

If you are applying the same customization to many slides you can select them all using either Shift+Click (for a contiguous group) or Ctrl+Click (for a broken collection).

regards,

Peter

Ray

I think that the word "wedge" is the good traduction of "cale" in english ( I opened my old dictionary ) .

The idea is to stabilize all the children pictures positions when modification of the screen .

But , wait a little : JPD and Peter are doing an adaptation to english .

Regards

daniel

... I think that the word "wedge" is the good traduction of "cale" in english

But , wait a little : JPD and Peter are doing an adaptation to english ...

Ray, dadou

For the translation of "cale" and a short but precise description of the cale-method, see also here (post #38 in this thread).

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich