PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Beta 15

Igor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..Sorry to have to say that sometimes it's necessary to reflect before to write..

That is, what I normally do.

Let me point out that it is always a risk to start an exe-file of somebody else, it is a matter of trust, and most users will be aware of it. The discussion on cmd.exe may have led to the misleading impression that running a downloaded project file is less dangerous; in fact it isn't. The users should know about it, as well. Security through obscurity is not a good strategy.

Regards,

Xaver

HiTom

If you check the box " Only Main Image " it will save as a .jpg file, un-checked saves as a .bmp

I think , tom is right , he's telling , what's "Allow to restore images by "Print" button on Navigation bar " for ?

Infact he wants to say If user want to save picture from a slide as a restore image , why did he encounter with many strange characters in the drop down list stead of popular format pictures such as "jpeg" / "bmp" / "png" /" ico"/ "Tif" ,... ? !

even if user checked the box " Only Main Image " it will save as a .jpg file, un-checked saves as a .bmp !!!!!!!!!

I think ,this is nonsense !

Also , i offer igor Add a feature in Navigation bar to Save Music Background .

with Regards

Adding to Ralph's post

If you check the box " Only Main Image " it will save as a .jpg file, un-checked saves as a .bmp

Actually ... when saving Only Main Image is selected, a exact copy your original image is saved. If your original image was a 1222x850 .jpg ... it will be saved as a 1222x850 .jpg using the original filename. This is your restored image.

Image formats of bmp, gif, and png are restored only as bmp files

When saving a Slide you get a bmp file ... which is not a exact copy of your image, but is a screenshot with the image size as according to your monitor dimensions.

Far as I know ... you can not actually select a image format to save or restore the file. The strange errors one sees are most likely and overlooked coding format issue.

Hi there,

Small bug report ??? Music not in sync or won't sync correctly when selected. (opened from 4.48)

I'm just trying out the 5.6 beta 15 doing a conversion over to the iphone and noticed afterwards that music was not in sync even though it was set on 4.48. It seem to have defaulted to about 5 sec per slide.) I tried to uncheck and recheck (from the Project Options) and set the time per slide but that did not work. The only way I got it working was the "Customize Slide" button and I was able to set the slide to time I wanted.

Bob

byuen Photography

www.byuen.com

Peter,

I hope that PTE doesn't need to have an absolutely perfect match of version across all sequences. It is going to be a real pain if we have to re-build all our sequences every time you release a new version of PTE. I would have thought that the check being made by PTE should be that the called sequence has been built using a version of PTE that supports the "Run Slideshow" feature (i.e. that the sequences are built at v5.6 or higher).

Every version usually has changes which make incompatible this slideshow with previous versions. Because of this exact matching is necessary, or we may get unexpected behaviour of the slideshow's engine. Even crashing. To help author we plan to add a special tool for batch creating EXE file and PTE will remind or automatically rebuild linked EXE files.

Tom,

When I use the navigation bar print option to recover images from a slideshow, and if I change the filename, the extension will change from .bmp to .jpg (Windows XP home). When I open the file in irfanview then it will offer to fix extension back to .bmp. I am confused what file types are allowed to be saved. I thought everything in the slideshow was converted to .bmp format.

Thanks, I've reproduced bug. If you untick "Main image only" and save BMP file of a slide and rename suggested image file, it will be saved in BMP format, but with .jpg extension. We'll fix it. And second bug (shown on screenshot), too.