WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Release Candidate

Igor

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 (Release Candidate)

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-setup.zip (6 MB)

What new in Release Candidate:

+ Added support of HD video on Youtube - 1280x720p video.

+ Final update of all language files.

+ Fully translated Italian User Guide for PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 (by Carmelo Battaglia):

http://wnsoft.com/apr/help.htm

What new in version 5.6:

+ Added export of slideshow as a video. (See Main menu -> Create)

- Export of HD video for playback on PC, Mac.

- Export of video for iPhone/iPod.

- Publish online on Youtube.

- Publish online on Vimeo with HD quality.

+ New 3D transition effects between slides:

- Added "Flip 3D" effect.

- Added "Swap 3D" effect.

- Reworked "Curling of page 3D" effect. Set large radius parameter to get completely new effects.

+ Improvements in Objects and Animation window:

- Mask objects for creating of special effects. You can apply several Masks to one image object.

- Music and sounds when you click "Play" button for preview.

- Added "Anti-shimmering (mipmapping)" option for Image and Text objects. This option prevents appearing of shimmering when object has zoom from small size to large size.

- Improved view of "Action on mouse click" list.

- Added new action "Run slideshow".

- Added "Pause" button.

! "Original size" mode of objects has been replaced. Now use "Fixed size of slide (in pixels)" mode in Project options | Screen tab. And "Size/position in pixels" button in Common tab of object properties.

+ Added "Virtual size of slide" parameters as alternate way to set aspect ratio of slide (Project options | Screen tab). It helps in work with "Size/Position" tool window in "Object and animation" editor.

+ Added new commands "Run Slideshow" and "Run Slideshow with Return" to Project options | "More" tab and as an action for objects. This option highly recommended if you want to start another slideshow from current one and for building of menu. It will guarantee flawless start of next slideshow from current one. In fact a series of slideshows will work as one large slideshow that provides optimal memory usage.

+ Added "Color outside slide area" option (Project options | Screen tab). By default if you run widescreen slideshow (16:9) on 4:3 display you see black strips around the slide. Now you can choose this color.

+ Added menu on Create button.

+ Faster rewinding of slides in created EXE file and preview.

+ Added "Crypt images/music against extracting from EXE file" option. See Main menu | View | Advanced options. (Enabled by default).

+ Improved installer of PicturesToExe, multi-lingual interface.

+ Fully rewritten shadow for objects. Now it has correct view for a long text object. And better visual quality.

+ Changed caption of "Change Image File" button in the main window.

+ Added a new command line for a slideshow in windowed mode: -desktopalign (for example: "Show1.exe -desktopalign"). With this parameter if size of a window larger than main display it will not be reduced to fit the main display. This command useful if you wish to place a window on all space of two or more displays.

+ Improved view of keypoints on the timeline in the main window.

+ Improved scrolling of the timeline when you move blue triangle cursor outside visible area.

+ After switching between Slides list and Timeline modes the program adjusts scrollbar position to make visible selected slide.

+ Various improvements.

! "Run application" options has moved to the last page of Project options (More tab).

! "Disable F1 key to show help window" has moved to "Customize help window" dialog (Main menu | Project).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when after renaming of a main image in Slide list or File panel MiniPlayer didn't display renamed image.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.1) when changing of display resolution, locking of PC or Sleep mode applied during encoding of video caused visual defects in created video file.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when all color text objects (excluding black and white) had slight almost invisible greenish contour.

* Fixed old bug of all previous versions: pressing Ctrl+O (Open project), "Ctrl+N", "Ctrl+S" and other key shortcuts whilst PicturesToExe creates large EXE file it caused incorrect work of the program.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) when "Image Load Error" might occur in Slide list, MiniPlayer and Objects and animation editor on projects with hundreds slides of large images (about 8 megapixels each one).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) Push effect had mixed up "Bottom-Top" and "Top-Bottom" variations with disabled hardware acceleration option.

* Fixed old bug (since v5.0) with an incorrect work of "Save image/slide" dialog in slideshows (if it was configured through "Print image" option).

* Fixed old bug (since v5.5) with sticking of picture in MiniPlayer after closing Objects and Animation editor on some NVIDIA video cards (the most likely the problem in those video cards).

Hi Igor,

Looks great, but you need one change before release.

Support 1600x1200 HD resolution on Youtube. We have the chance to be the first presentation slideshow software which does this. Youtube only recommends 1280x720 "because" they are a "VIDEO" site. Many new video cameras shoot at 16:9. Almost all PTE users with photos have to crop their photos either in PTE by choosing 16:9 or by using Photoshop, PixBuilder, etc., to crop. This destroys many photos. Youtube, unlike Vimeo, will display an HD at whatever aspect ratio you send it. 1600x1200 is far more useful to us than 1280x720. I have uploaded samples to Youtube to show you. Just choose Watch in HD and then switch to full screen and you have a full PTE show in HD at 1600x1200. I was able to do this by manually entering 1200 as the height when using the "HD Video for PC and Mac" and using 1600 as the width.

I think it would be a mistake not to include this aspect ratio and resolution as an option for auto-upload to Youtube in 5.6 release.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Igor,

I accidentally deleted your post! Tired, was up all night - sorry....

Igor asked about Youtube supporting other HD aspect ratios and mentioned that it was necessary to add code to get HD in countries other than perhaps US.

He noted that the 1600x1200 looked really good on Youtube. I accidentally edited the wrong post and erased his post. Got to get a couple hours of sleep and I know Igor does as well - LOL

Hi Igor,

The reason they recommend 1280x1024 is that they are a video site. They do support the higher resolution as you see - the 1600x1200 I submitted was converted by their Flash software and as you noticed is "very good." We can experiment by submitting alternate aspect ratios but it appears that they do indeed support other aspect ratios and just "recommend" 1280x720 because that's the current most popular size for video cameras, etc.

Hopefully, they will soon change so other countries don't need to add the additional code. Perhaps an option to add this would be helpful for PTE? Then if they later support HD for all countries it will not be necessary but only a feature which will not be used.

Best regards,

Lin

Release Candidate 5.6 and previous betas.

Slide List in "Timeline view" (Problem)

1. Click slide, on Slide List. - Pre-view panel (mini player) shows slide.

2. Click slide, on Slide Panel. - Mini player updates.

3. Click the original slide on the Slide List. - Mini player view does not update

Click any other slide, on the slide list, and the mini player window will update.

Slide List in "Slide view". (No Problem)

System Spec: Windows XP Sp3 - Intel Core2 Duo E8400 - 2GB Ram - Gforce 9500GT .

Same on my older system which is: 1.4GHz Athlon - Gforce2 Titanium.

Scorpion,

One question:

Have you got View...Advanced Options...Show real slide in mini-player selected? I ask because I have downloaded a sequence built by JPD and made available by him through a French forum and this exhibits your problem - but only on certain pairs of images, not on all of them. When I investigated the above option I found it was not selected. After selecting the option the problem goes away.

I have this option selected as a default for my work and have never witnessed your problem in any of my own sequences.

regards,

Peter

Peter

My normal method of working is to have View...Advanced Options...Show real slide in mini-player selected and Show real slides in slide list not selected.

Whichever combination of these two options is selected, the problem is still evident. It also occurs whichever pair of images is selected, on slide list and slide panel respectively.

As previously stated it only occurs when the Slide panel is accessed and returned from the slide list in Timeline view, no problem if the slide List is in Slide view.

Regards, Ken

As previously stated it only occurs when the Slide panel is accessed and returned from the slide list in Timeline view, no problem if the slide List is in Slide view.

Ken (Scorpion),

I was mis-understanding you. I wasn't using the Timeline view. When I tried again using this view I can reproduce your problem. I agree with you that it looks like a bug and should be fixed.

regards,

Peter

Scorpion,

Slide List in "Timeline view" (Problem)

1. Click slide, on Slide List. - Pre-view panel (mini player) shows slide.

2. Click slide, on Slide Panel. - Mini player updates.

3. Click the original slide on the Slide List. - Mini player view does not update

Thank you, I've reproduced the problem. Will be fixed in nearest Release Candidate.

AbdolReza,

Hi igor , I download your realease published of pte but this problem is suffering me please do a work !

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&id=1900

We can correct this minor bug only in the next version. Simple bug, but difficult to fix. Anyway it should not bother user.

Hi Igor,

Thank you very much! This will make photographers "extremely" happy not to be forced to crop their slideshows to wide angle for display in HD on Youtube. It's too bad Vimeo doesn't support HD yet at other than 16:9. This is a big plus I think for Youtube to support other aspect ratios in HD.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

OK, we will add custom resolutions to Youtube output module.

Wanted to report this for beta 20, but it also happens in this release. I don't know about earlier releases.

I cannot get either a preview or executable to Pause with a mouse click when both mouse buttons are coded to "Pause" when clicked. I've tried enabling and disabling the keyboard and mouse wheel, but no luck. I've tried setting mouse buttons to Next and Previous, and that works. It's just Pause that doesn't.

I'm using a Wacom Tablet and mouse if it matters.

Argonaut,

I just tried and didn't reproduce this problem. I set Pause action for Left and Right mouse buttons. And slideshow goes to pause mode when I click any mouse button.

If you could reproduce this bug in short slideshow, please send me EXE file via www.mediafire.com service.