WnSoft Forums

Sound files in PTE

fh1805

The thing that puzzles me is the people that are entering competitions all the time do not seem to be complaining about the sound ability of the current state of pte

so

that leaves me to believe "it aint broke so dont try fixin it" :)

Ken,

Did you read the contributions of John (jfa), Peter (fh1805), Umberto, Xaver (xahu34), and others on this subject? Nobody would use the word "broke" in this context, but (expressing it in a positive way) let me call the audio features of PTE "minimalist"; others have used the word "poor".

Regards,

Xaver

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Yachtsman1
Ken,

Did you read the contributions of John (jfa), Peter (fh1805), Umberto, Xaver (xahu34), and others on this subject? Nobody would use the word "broke" in this context, but (expressing it in a positive way) let me call the audio features of PTE "minimalist"; others have used the word "poor".

Regards,

Xaver

You can't do much with an egg, only eat it, so why mess around with gods work???

Like Barry said, you can't please all the people all the time, I believe the non forum users are happy.

Yachtsman1

You all need to remember that PTE is a commercial product and needs to keep developing so it stays ahead of the competition. As popular as the forum is, we don't put wages into the pockets of Igor and his team, new sales to new users do that.

There are two choices I guess.

1. You keep a product different from the competition and play on that uniqueness ( I hope uniqueness is a valid word and not something I have jusdt invented :rolleyes: )

2. You develop the product and gradually make it better.

The more basic slide show software users DO WANT SOUND EDITING in their software. That only needs to be basic like PSG, but it is inevitable that it should be included at some stage. Now, I say all this not needing it myself at all, but as I have said, we are not your average user.

Yaughtsman, so you eat your eggs raw do you? :unsure: I like mine fried, whereas my wife likes hers scambled. My son doesn't like eggs and my daughter likes them poached. See the problem, you can please all of the people etc etc etc

• 5 weeks later...

I am a new user to PTE had it 5 weeks.

Blown away by how good the program is and what can be done especially in the O&A. Also this forum rocks.

But very disappointed by the poor sound side of program. :angry:

Hope some of the things suggested by Peter John and others here can be added to PTE soon!!

Hope some of the things suggested by Peter John and others here can be added to PTE soon!!

Hello Photo99,

Welcome to the forum.

Here is the very recent reply (yesterday) of Igor Kokarev (team leader of the development crew) about the subject :

Thanks for raising this important question!

We're working on virtual editing of sound/music for next version(s). I hope it will appear soon. It's a high priority feature in our TODO list now.

Please read this topic : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10405