WnSoft Forums

Problem with Styles

vilara

Vilara,

As I understand it, when you apply a style, its code becomes part of the .pte file. Therefore, when you create the backup in zip, the style has already been applied and its effect will be included in your project on your second computer. What you will not be able to do on your second computer is modify that style. If you want to be able to modify the style on the second computer you must export it on the first computer and import it on the second.

regards,

Since the style has already been applied it is no longer necessary to include it in the ZIP.

If you want to include it just drop the exported version on top of the ZIP in Windows Explorer and the recipient has it for future use.

OR, create a Template, add the Style to the Template and ZIP that.

DG

Since the style has already been applied it is no longer necessary to include it in the ZIP.

I understood this

If you want to include it just drop the exported version on top of the ZIP in Windows Explorer and the recipient has it for future use.

Yes, I know this solution, but why my Style is it not directly integrated in the backup in zip? This would avoid forgetting to attach it

A style may includes resources:

- custom transition effect;

- additional image/video files which are not main images. For example, background picture.

These files are not being copied when you create a backup of a project in a ZIP archive. Because project links resources of a style.

There is a global storage of the installed styles (built-in and user styles).

If you want to copy your project to another PC, you have to export your style and copy a project. Import the style on a new PC and then open your project.

Some built-in styles contain custom transitions ("Basic" -> "Blur - Zoom In/Out"). Users can create their project they don't see "additional" files of custom transitions.

I understand that probably some users might find useful copying of all style resouces to a project folder. But it will mean one more option when author creates a new style. Also we should develope a new conception - THE FOLDER where to save project resources. Or several sub-folders - for images, audio, other resources. We could save audio comments there, custom transitions.

Currently PicturesToExe is not ready for the idea which you asked.

Yes, I know this solution, but why my Style is it not directly integrated in the backup in zip? This would avoid forgetting to attach it

Well, suppose we do this. But what will happen when user opens this project in PicturesToExe where this style already installed? Should PicturesToExe use a style from a backup copy or from own storage?

Hello

I think, when a style include additional image, that this image must be copied in the zip file.

When a link is C:\.....\image.png, image.png is copied

When the link is %styles%\{AD...CE}\image.png, image.png is not copied.

When someone apply a user style, make a zip file and send it to a friend, he suppose it works (like in 7.5). But it doesn't work, he must put himself the image.png in the zip.

Denis

After a style has been applied, PTE doesn't need the procedure to do the style, but it still possibly needs files of image, sound, video...

As noted by Igor, problems will arise if the style file is written several times.

Up to now, it was possible to have in a zip file ( "Create Backup in zip" ) or a .pt file ( "Create template from this Show" ) all the files necessary to make a .exe file, years after the creation, or by an other user (for correction, review...). Except the special text fonts, as Wnsoft has no rights to them.

To create this two files, PTE will look in differents repertories to find the differents files, and re-copy all of them.

The idea is to copy the necessary files from the style file to the zip and the .pt files.

Today, when we open a .pte file from a .pt file in a certain directory, PTE search in this directory if the path of the project is no more correct. Is it not possible to do the same with the style files ?