Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

thedom

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by thedom

  1. Hi Lin, I will try to find informations about it and will post it here if I find anything.
  2. I created an other topic : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10384
  3. Mike, I just rewrote the instructions two posts above because I realized there was an error. I will now make a simple pte project and upload it as soon as it is finished.
  4. Hi Mike, Here is how to make this negative effect directly in PTE in 4 steps : 1 - add a frame object. 2 - create a rectangle as a child of the frame object. Parameters of this object : . fill mode = Solid . color = white 3 - add a mask object as a child of the frame object . choose "from file" option and browse your HD to select an image 4 - add an image object as a child of the mask container : choose same image as above. For step 2, instead of a solid white, you can choose a vertical gradient color (red to green by example) for a kind of Andy Warhol effect. I will post examples tonight.
  5. It smells very good !
  6. Peter, I think I might have a simple solution. But I need to test it before explaining it to you. I will post my conclusions tonight (in about 5 hours). UPDATE : please send me your map to thefreedom69 @ free.fr Thanks.
  7. I am not using a PC that has PTE installed right now but if I remember correctly, on the first YouTube upload window in PTE, I think there is a parameter called Pan & Scan. For a 4:3 slideshow (screen aspect in PTE), if you want to avoid this problem of image cutted of (top and bottom) in YouTube, you have to disable this option in PTE. (it is enabled by default for 16:9 format). I think the reason is that the default YouTube video aspect ratio is 16:9 now (or 16:10 ?).
  8. Actually, I am wondering if it is not the right explanation, ie problem of codec (instead of compression rate)...
  9. Isabel, I had exactly the same problem with one of my slideshow. It appears that the mp3 was encoded in 320 Kb/s. With Audacity, I reduced the compression to 192 Kb/s and saved it as a new mp3. The problem disappeared. What is the compression level of your original mp3 ?
  10. Brian, thank you very much for your expertise and your detailed explanations. Xaver, thank you for your tests.
  11. Hello Mike, Actually Hawk's method remains the same for 3 years now. => http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry31206
  12. I downloaded on dafont.com a new font and installed it : KingThings Christmas : http://www.dafont.com/FR/kingthings-christmas.font In O/A, I create a text and choose the KingThings Christmas. I close O/A and the text get back to the default Font Arial. When I reopen the O/A window, the text of the font is in Arial. But the font parameter is left blank. I downloaded Aierbazzi font too ( http://www.dafont.com/aierbazzi.font ) Actually, the use of this font is very special: it hads at the same place a new "character" to make a kind of floral bouquet. In PTE, when I type text, the characters doesn't appear sometimes. The problem doesn't exist when I use this font in Photoshop. I am under Vista. The problem exists with PTE 5.6.4 and PTE 5.7.b8. If somebody else could make tests and confirm (or not) the problem. Thanks.
  13. Hi Lin, Yes, the Sony PlayStation 3. About costs, here is an other part of the article in Wikipedia : I bought the PS3 at the beginning of year 2008 for 600 euros. It was not to play but to watch Bluray. I took risks at this time because of the war between BR and HD-DVD. But I thought that I could easily sell it for a good price if the HD-DVD was the winner because you can play with it. I wonder what people made with their HD-DVD players... And with the PS3, I can watch the images (in slideshow modes), videos (whatever the codec used) and listen to the music stored on the different PC in the house. Thanks to PS3 Media Server (http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/). I do not have to reencode the videos, it can read everything, even .mkv format (720p and even 1080p). I can surf on the internet too... and my kids can play Games. I am really glad with my purchase since the beginning. And Sony release new firmware very often for new features. With those upgrade, I think the PS3 was the first Player to have the Blu-ray Profile 2.0. PS : I do not work for Sony.
  14. Sony did it, the PS3 has this feature. The Portrait slideshow mode includes face(s) detection and it pan and zoom in/out depending on where the face(s) is/are on the image. It works quite well.
  15. Ron, I am not completely sure to understand what you want to make. You want to maintain the same size of the buttons whatever the text in it, each character of the text in those buttons having the same size ? I made a test of PTE of what I understood (see file attched) and if it is what you want, it's easy. Did I undestand correctly your request ?
  16. Thank you Gerard. I had a look at your macro photographies and I am really impressed too !! I don't understand Dutch but the pics speak for themselves.
  17. Hello Ning, Yes, I could survive ! But the weather was awful : rain, humidity, rain, humidity and rain during almost 15 days, except at the end when I was in Tokyo. I just watched your show again and I like it even more than the first time. Probably because I could recognize some of the place I visited in Tokyo. Must be really very beautiful in Autumn. Just a minor comment. I had to pause the show for a moment while watching it and I noticed you didn't synchronized slides and music. When in pause, the music continues to play while the slides were frozen. I had to watch the show without music at the end. I don't know if you did it on purpose but in case you didn't, may be it' something you could change for your next slideshows. Again, thank you for sharing.
  18. Problems fixed, you're faster than light, very impressive ! Congratulations and thank you.
  19. Igor, this problem of display still remains with beta 7. And when I run the preview mode, I have an error message (see file attached). The problem with shadows is fixed !
  20. Hello Ning, I really liked your slideshow with appropriate and smooth Ken Burns effects. The ballet of pictures are really nice too but I wonder if I wouldn't display them 100% opacity. Some of your shots of geishas are really fantastic. The music perfectly fits the show. Thank you for sharing and congratulations for this great slideshow. I go to Japan tomorrow morning. I am a little bit afraid with the hot weather and mainly with the mugginess of air...
  21. Goddi, What is the url to download your show ? I had a look on Beechbrrok and can't see it.
  22. Thank you Ken, the article is very interesting. Too bad you can not make macro photography anymore, I presume it's because of your eyes. But you're right, once you control the technique, it's the most satisfying kind of pictures I take.
  23. Lumelux, John, than you for your comment. I think the main difference between what I made before and this slideshow is that I tried to tell a "story". And the effects are only here to enhance it. I made this show a little bit like a trailer movie and I really had fun to make it. Spoiler - To read it, select the "invisible" text with your mouse : Begining of invisible text ==> When I took the pictures yesterday afternoon, I really thought the grasshopper was "cooked". But it finaly could escape! That's this escape that gave me the idea of this slideshow with menacing other bugs. <== End of invisible text John, I would be very interested to know what they think of it at your photography club.
  24. If you are too sensitive, please do not watch. - I recommend to increase the volume of your speakers because the soundtrack is very important in this slideshow. Comments welcome.
  25. Thank you for your replies and explaining your point of view. I respect and understand completely that some of you think that I shouldn't post demos of future templates. I sincerely apologize to those who feel awkward. Very honestly, as said Adda, my sales are pocket-money. I post the demos mainly because I am glad with the result. I hope it might sometimes be a source of inspiration and that it helps to make the promotion for Igor to sell PTE. But I certainly do not want to put a bad atmosphere on this forum. That's why I won't post my demos/slideshows in this forum anymore, unless the associated template is free or if a section dedicated to promote templates for PTE is opened. I will continue to post all my work on my personal website. A file support section exists since its creation on my site ( http://www.thedom.fr/share/viewforum.php?f=17 ). Thank you to all of you.
×
×
  • Create New...