Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

thedom

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by thedom

  1. Ken, I agree with you but actually, the problems noticed with my templates are because of bugs in PTE 5.7. They are no such bugs with my templates if you use the previous stable version (=> last official version : 5.6.3 on the Wnsoft website : http://wnsoft.com/apr/index.html). Besides, the bugs are not specific with my templates but concern each project people started with a previous version. Of course, I will inform Igor if people contact me to report problems related with 5.7 beta#n when using my templates. But nobody will be informed and users will not know Igor's answer with potential bugs. What do you think ?
  2. If we do not want to become nuts and have to start our project all over again, I think it's important to notice what Igor said about v5.7 at the begiining of this topic : => We shouldn't start important projects with v5.7 beta#n but only test the new features.
  3. What a mess ! I think you discovered something else and you are right : there is a difference beetwen the full screen preview mode and the play window mode in P2E. Actually, my screen captures above correspond to what I see in the play window in P2E. But I am sure Igor and his team have the problem under their control.
  4. Wideangle, Correct me if I am wrong but the problem in the template is with the display of the text "Photo Album" on the edge of the book, right ? It decreases in size (width and height) instead of decreasing only in height ? Actually, it's a problem with parent-children relationship that endevil discovered in version 5.7 beta 3. Igor said he will fix it quickly and the template will be compatible with 5.7.3 => Read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10181 Normal display in 5.6.3 : Problem in 5.7 beta 3 :
  5. Igor, I presume you didn't finished the way shadows work in 5.7 beta3. I started a project with 5.6.3 and it was fine. I opened the project with 5.7 beta3, didn't changed anything and the result is completely different. See file attached (same project compiled with 5.6.3 and 5.7 beta 3). shadows.zip
  6. Boulicot, I think this are the answers to your questions : => Read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=66446
  7. Thank you for your replies. I am really glad this short slideshow could seduce you. I have a Fujifilm bridge (S100FS : http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms100fs) and I use two close-up filters mounted one on each other : the Marumi 200 (+5D) + Marumi 330 (+3D). http://www.bestreflex.net/kenro-announces-...roducts/review/
  8. Barry, I prefer to present my slideshows in full screen mode and not limit its resolution, even if I agree with you that people will not see it as it should be. I have not made the test but I wonder what happens if you fix size of slide to 1920 x 1200 by example and the user has a lower resolution ? If you have time to test them, I can upload the previous versions. Please send me a PM to give me your email address. Jeff, Ken (Scorpion), DaveG and Ken (Cox), Thank you for making those tests and for the specs you provided. The conclusion is that this slideshow requires a recent graphic card. But it's not a suprise. But as you already said it Barry, I don't understand why some people reports jerkiness with high specs computers and other with lesser computers have a very smooth animation.
  9. Please download the exe file of this new slidesow. This animation has nothing in common with my Trio demo. - In this slideshow, I tried to display two pictures by slide (but not on everey slide). Please note that everything was done within PTE (no photoshoping). It should be smooth even on old configurations. Comments welcome.
  10. Hello Steev, I confirm something changed. Actually, that's the parent-children relationship. The children are not affected by the deformation of the parent the same way they did before. I hope Igor can put it back and that this modification (back to what it was) is not against what he plans to introduce in next betas.
  11. That's huge ! Congratulations.
  12. I discovered PTE a long time after version 1. Something like version 4.x... But I am really glad today that you had enough persistence and courage to continue to work on this software over the years. And a sincere thank you to the members who were confident enough to support it and buy it. Just for fun, I searched your first posts on this forum, Igor : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....topic=4&hl= http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ic=387&st=0 Some of the active members at this time are always here and faithful. Congratulations to them too.
  13. I am not sure to understand when you say that it doesn't fill your screen edge to edge. The pictures I used are 1024x768 (4:3) If you have a 16:10 screen ratio, of course you have black bars on side. But I presume there is something else that is wrong. What is it ? jfa, thank you very much for your tests with 3 different computers and for the specs you provided. I am sorry but I am not allowed to sell the soundtrack, it's not my creation. Unfortunately I have no special skills in music. Jeff, the last version available is version 4. There was no improvement with music in version 3. It's the music itself in previous versions that, in a way, you can consider was stuttering. In version 3 and 4, it's a totally different music than in version 1 and 2.
  14. Ken, Mary, thank you very much. I made a third version. Now the transition TO black should be perfectly smooth on every computer. Unfortunately, the transition FROM black should stay jerky if you noticed them because I can't optimize them. But I think PTE demonstrates its ability to manage very complex animation with a lot of objects, including mask containers. Its "weak" part is when you have a lot of objects in a slide (40) and you set the opacity of an object at the top from 0 to 100. In my case, it's a black PTE rectangle.
  15. I made an other version of this demo and optimized it ( same link : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=325 ) This time, for the background, I used a regular mask made in photoshop instead of a mask container. I changed the music to be sure that sound stuttering is not an issue. I tested this new version on my old computer (specs 3 posts above) and it's practically smooth all the time, even during the transitions that appeared to be the critical part. For those of you who aren't tired of this demo and are willing to make a new test, thank you for your feedback.
  16. Hi mary, Thank you for your feedback. Actually, I am quite sure the music is not stuttering on your pc, it's the music itself that gives you this feeling. What is the resolution of your laptop screen ?
  17. Barry, I was joking when I said you could use the template to make a dvd/bluray. I know this kind of effect is not your cup of tea. And I sincerely thank you for watching it. That's why it's odd. You have almost the same configuration as I have and the animation is perfectly smooth on my pc with 1920 x 1200 resolution. I made a test with an old computer (AMD Atlhon XP 2400+, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 420, 768 Mo RAM, screen resolution 1024x768) and except during the transitions (when the screen goes momentarily black), it's practically smooth. Could you lower your resolution and tell us how it runs ? Actually, version 5.6.4 is the "normal public download" on the Wnsoft PictureToExe page (Download trial : http://wnsoft.com/apr/index.html). May be Igor could mention PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6.4 (instead of 5.6) to avoid confusion. Jeff, do you know the specs of this computer (cpu, graphic card, ram, screen resolution) ? Thanks.
  18. Barry, Jeff, Lin, thank you for your new tests. Igor, if you read us, any idea about what Lin noticed with v5.7b2 ? Barry, you could use the template if, instead of an exe, you would want to make a DVD or bluray... Seriously, I am really wondering if there is not something wrong with your computer because it's very powerful ! Are you sure there is not an hidden application running in the back who "eats" your cpu ? Did you try to lower the resolution to see how the demo runs ?
  19. Hi Gary, To be honest, I don't understand Yachtsman1 suggestion. I don't see an "Icon to the right of the text box" And I don't know who's Bob either. Anyway, here is what you could try : edit your text in Word and insert a carriage return (hit ENTER) at the end of each line. Word does it automatically when the "margin on the right is too short" but PTE doesn't. That's why you have to do it manually to avoid the single long line you get in PTE. Once done, copy this text in the PTE text box. If needed, instead of using the handles, directly type the figures in the zoom fields. Hope it helps.
  20. I rebuild this demo with 5.6.4. In the original exe (made with 5.7 beta 2), I used the internal editor for Masks. In this new demo (made with 5.6.4), I used .png masks made in Photoshop. Next I generated two exe : I created the first exe with 5.6.4. Then I opened the .pte project with 5.7b2 and created an other exe without changing anything in the pte project. The first thing I noticed is the size of the exe : - 7.77Mb for v5.6.4, - 8.61Mb for v5.7b2. I presume the explanation is that the core of pte 5.7b2 is modified and maybe the exe already includes the embryo of Mac output and new features which are not included in current beta release yet... On my computer*, maybe the exe generated with 5.6.4 is a little bit more smooth, but if it is, it's really negligible. Anyway, if you have time, could you download the new archive (same link) which includes now the two exe and tell me : - if the result is smoother than the first I released yesterday (meaning that for complex animations, it would be preferable to use an external photo editor than the internal PTE mask editor) - if there is a difference between the two exe included in the archive (meaning a version of pte is more optimized than the other) Thank you. * Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 Ghz NVidia GeForce 9600 GS 4 Go Ram Screen resolution 1920x1200 Vista 64bits PS : Jeff, why would you want me to use 5.6.0 ? Anyway, sorry, I don't have this version anymore.
  21. Hi, thank you for your comments and tests. Barry, what is the resolution of you screen, 1920x1200 ? As first explanation about the jitter, each slide includes 40 objects and there are 4 Mask Containers (3 of them are zooming/panning). It is certainly a very big stress for cpu/graphic card. And Lin is right, I used 5.7 beta 2. I will make this demo with 5.6.4 to compare if there is a difference...
  22. Lin, Morasoft, thank you for your comment. Yes, there will be a template in the Shop. I really looked after the details in this demo : reflection on the ground, white reflection on the image itself (left upper corner), light shadow at the bottom of each picture, color background (done in PTE and very easy to change the colors to fit the picture), ... I am really glad I succeeded to make something you like.
  23. Please download the exe file of this new demo. - I started with an animation and declined it in 10 different ways. Please note that everything was done within PTE, except I had to flip the images verticaly for the reflection and I had to make it in Photoshop because PTE doesn't offer this feature (yet ?). I worked a lot on the soundtrack and included sound effects to enhance the animation.
  24. This behaviour for the name of masks in objects list was already reported. And Igor answers was : You can read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=66032 As Dave already said, we have to modify the name manually.
  25. Hi, unless I missed it, there is no request about this subject in the "Ideas and suggestion" section. That's why I move this topic in this section.
×
×
  • Create New...