-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Hello, Right now, it's not possible directly but : - it's planned to include this feature in a future version - there are workarounds : . use ShowVideoPTE, a utlity made by granot, that can plays videos : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9870 . or decompile your video (AVI to JPG) and insert the images with a very short display to respect the framerate of your video. Do not hesitate to ask questions if you need help to use those techniques.
-
I just tried your project with v6 beta 16 too. It plays perfectly for me. Thank you for your test. Yes, the third slide at the bottom starts Windows Media Player. I think it would be very interesting to have feedback from other users in order for Igor to take the right decision. If some have problem, the option has to be kept, no discussion. But if there is no more issue, why not remove it if this is going to make it easier for Igor and Team to maintain the code and developp new features ? => Please try this menu : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?action=file&file_id=338 Very interesting to know. I am sure a lot of members will be glad to know that too. Thank you for the information Cor.
-
Peace and Love Ken, that's exactly my point. I remember perfectly that the problem occured BEFORE with previous versions, I had it myself. But TODAY, I do not have it anymore. That's why I made a menu with v6 beta 15. I just wanted other people to try it on their computer and report issues if there still are : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?action=file&file_id=338 As I said in my previous post, I made the test on three different computers, and even with a very old one, nor problem at all.
-
Thanks Xaver for your answer. If I use "Run application ..." (instead of "Run slideshow with return..."), I have a quick flash of the windows bar at the bottom when I launch "Slideshow1.exe" from the main menu. And the main menu doesn't start from the beginning when "Slideshow1.exe" is ended (or if I press ESC during "Slideshow1.exe"). But if turn OFF hardware Acceleration, I have EXACTLY the same problems as above. I am sorry but I still don't understand the issue with Hardware Acceleration ON. Ian (or somebody else), can you tell me more about the "system resource issues" you encounter with this option ON ?
-
Thank you Ken, I downloaded this utility but I still don't understand what is the issue. Still no problem with Hardware Acceleration turn ON with this project for me. What do you mean by "required hardware accelleration to be turned off on certain computers to get it to work" ? What are the specifications of those computers ? And how does my menu run on your computer ?
-
Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Center with your mouse
thedom replied to thedom's topic in Tutorials & Video Lessons
John, I don't know if it's the last version available but I use Quick Time Player too, version 7.6.4. I just downloaded the tutorial on YouTube to be sure and it plays without any problem. -
If I understand correctly the issue, if the ability to set Hardware Acceleration to OFF would disappear, there would be problem with menu made with PTE (with Hardware Acceleration ON by default). I made a test tonight with last beta (v6 beta 15) and even with a very old computer, everything runs perfectly smooth and there is no flashback. Each slideshow was made with hardware acceleration ON. THE MENU : First, there is a kind of black screen (ClickMe.exe) with a little animation and a "start" button to click when your audience is ready and quiet. This button launchs the main menu (with a little animation too). This menu has a background music. From this menu, you can launch 6 slideshows. Actually, it launchs the same slideshow (but I don't think it's an issue). The slideshow itself displays 2 pictures with simple pan and zoom animations. If you press ESC during the slideshow, it returns to the beginning of the main menu (except when you exit Windows Media Player, the menu will continue where it was, no "rewind"). In main menu, if you click on the upper right image, it launchs Windows Media Player. As I said, it's really perfect and I do not have any issue (tested on 3 computers). Please download and test this menu (start ClickMe.exe first) and make your comments. Do not hesitate to tell me if I missed something in the discussion.
-
Ken, unless I don't understand your request, it already exists : Create > AVI File... > Create custom avi video file > Video Codec > select the DIVX codec in the drop-down list Of course, you can choose DIVX only if the codec is already installed on your computer.
-
Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Center with your mouse
thedom replied to thedom's topic in Tutorials & Video Lessons
Hello jfa, thank you for your feedback. I do not have enough free space to upload the tutorials on my server. But you can download the tutorial in a few clicks. This procedure works for every videos on YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc... To download a video : copy the url of the video. For this tutorial, copy this url : Go to http://keepvid.com/ Paste the url in the "URL" field and click on the "Download" Button Then click on "''Download'' (video.mp4 - HD Quality 1280x720) " to save it on your Hard Drive. -
I have never experienced this problem. Lennart's suggestion is I think the best one. But if you really want to send your slideshow through mail, zip your .exe and attach the zip (instead of the exe). If you don't know how to make a zip, you can read this article : http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/HA011276901033.aspx
-
Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Center with your mouse
thedom replied to thedom's topic in Tutorials & Video Lessons
Thank you all for your positive comments. This tip was only a draft and I will record this video again (in a different way) and leave more time to read the instructions. But I am not fluent in english enough to record my voice, sorry. Actually, I have a lot of mini tips in mind. I will record tips for beginners, medium and advanced users. Stay tuned. -
Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Center with your mouse
thedom replied to thedom's topic in Tutorials & Video Lessons
Hehehe, I'm glad I could show you something new for you Peter. You're right, this tip can be a good time saver sometimes. -
I thought it would be useful if I would create short video clips of tips and tricks I use in PicturesToExe. When I added the comments to the video, I realized I didn't leave enough time. I will certainly take more next time in order for you to read and watch the video. Anyway, if the feedback is positive, I will record others videos from time to time. Please tell me me what your think. This tutorial is played by default in SD quality in the forum. To view it in a better quality and full screen : - click - then click the second icon in from the right of the display viewer.
-
A little "up" because now PicturesToExe automatically vectorizes text objects (and text comments).
-
Igor, a minor problem with beta 15 : SHIFT+mouse No problem to move an object horizontally but vertically, you can not move it a few pixel up or down. At the begining, the move is not effective and suddenly, the object will "jump".
-
It would be interesting to know the reason why already 2 people disagree. Is it because they have old equipment ? Or is it for an other reason ?
-
Yes, text objects can not be used as parents, only as children. Are there other restrictions ? Eric, you should watch BJC's VIDEO TUTORIAL. The mechanism is really well explained in "step-03" chapter. But I recommend to watch the tutorial from start to end . I think you will not regret it. http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10641
-
I understand what you mean and I completely agree with you. In order to do what you want, you need the ability to add keypoints to the shadow to control its opacity... and the other parameters as well to control angle, distance & size. Somebody made this suggestion a long time ago and I started a topic with it two years ago (=> http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7620) Right now, you have to make the shadow in an external editor. Next, in PTE, create a father object (frame) and add your text and the shadow image as children of this father object. Pan & Zoom the father object and control the opacity of the shadow object with keypoints. (see your project modified to see what I mean). It's a little bit complicated for beginners and really time consuming. And if you want to change the text, you have to build an other shadow in your external editor ! If you want this feature to be developped in the future, please add your support by adding a reply to this suggestion : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7620 test text_Sep20-2009_12-51-47.zip
-
Jim, I think it's only a visual impression depending on the color and the opacity you use. If you want, upload your tests somewhere and we will have a look at it.
-
Thank you guys, I'm lucky to have great models for my pictures (my kids, nieces and a nephew).
-
- Here is a simple menu I made today. Nothing revolutionary but it can make a nice introduction for your slideshow. The animation uses 3D transformation that gave me the ability to make everything directly within PicturesToExe. (reflections of text and pictures that are not really visible in the small video but you will notice them in the exe). It means you will need no photoshopping to use you own pictures and type your own text in the template. If you download the EXE, you will notice that there is a loop... until the user clicks on one of the thumbnails to start the slideshow or go directly to a specific chapter. This template will be FREE.
-
[3D Transformation] Need explanations about "Z position"
thedom replied to thedom's topic in General Discussion
Igor, thank you for your explanations, it's perfectly clear. -
[3D Transformation] Need explanations about "Z position"
thedom posted a topic in General Discussion
Hello Igor, Congratulations to you and your team for the release of version 6. I don't understand how Z Position parameter works. I was expecting that the objects with different Zpos parameters wouldn't be in the same plan (see example "manually" done to undestand what I mean). But it's not the case. I don't see any difference between this parameter and the zoom parameter. Did I missed something ? Unless it will work not the same way in the future ? And can you tell us if : - we will have the ability to change the AngleX/AngleY/Zpos with the mouse (like you can do for PZR). - speed options for Angle X/Angle Y/Z position is already planned in a next beta of v6 ? Thanks. V6B15-Zpos.zip -
If it can help : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071126095621AAR8xKa http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php
-
Excellent ! Perfectly smooth on my system.