-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Igor, I think I discovered a problem with v5.7 beta 9 (I don't know if it exists with previous betas). Add an image object (image in 4/3 format). Add a border this image (in Properties tab) Click on the folder icon to replace the image with an other image in 3/2 format. => Result : the object image keeps the size and ratio of the first image (=4/3) instead of the new image (=3/2). And the new image (=3/2) is cropped at the bottom and on the right (=displayed in a 4/3 format). UPDATE : the problem exists for the opposite too : original image in 3/2 replaced with an image in 4/3 format.
-
[FORUM] Updating of the forum to new version 3.0.2
thedom replied to Igor's topic in Forum & Website
-
[FORUM] Updating of the forum to new version 3.0.2
thedom replied to Igor's topic in Forum & Website
-
[FORUM] Updating of the forum to new version 3.0.2
thedom replied to Igor's topic in Forum & Website
There is a little problem with the icons for fast reply at the bottom of the page too, at least for me. They are all expanded. -
[FORUM] Updating of the forum to new version 3.0.2
thedom replied to Igor's topic in Forum & Website
Igor, I am wondering if there is not a little problem. For the previous replies (before the upgrade), the quote doesn't look like the one above and it is a little bit difficult to read. And I have a question : how do you set the previous UI ? I looked for it in My Settings but couldn't find the option. -
[FORUM] Updating of the forum to new version 3.0.2
thedom replied to Igor's topic in Forum & Website
I love the new skin of the forum ! Thank you for this upgrade. -
The purpose of this poll is not to have an "exact" result. I agree, each user of PTE should vote. But they are certainly a lot of users (a majority?) who have never subscribed to this forum. That's why I completely agree, the final result will not proove anything. But as I mentionned in the poll : At least this subject keeps us busy ! Have a good sunday everybody.
-
Hello Peter, By Quicktime movie, I guess you mean MPEG-4 ? I am sure you can do it otherwise and somebody will give us the best solution but when you use the PTE facility "Publish on YouTube...". Check the option "Keep converted video file(s) after uploading" ad PTE produces a MPEG-4 movie. If you choose "HD quality", the resolution of your video will be very good. And you can even choose the resolution you wish and make it bigger (or smaller) with "custom". And you can cancel the operation before PTE uploads the video on YouTube because actually, the file is produced BEFORE the upload. I hope it helps.
-
John, I think you're correct. => Question modified. Dadou, I realize you're right, thanks for pointing this out. => Answer #4 modified to a neutral opinion. Next time, I will ask for help BEFORE creating a poll because John's and Dadou's comments proove how much important the words and the expression choosen are important. Sorry guys.
-
For those of you who are not completely confortable about how to use Audacity at its best, here is a short but extremely well explained tutorial of its editing tools : https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/display/C...dacity+Tutorial
-
I told you I was very not talented. Actually, it seems we are both right. We can write maIestatis AND maJestatis. See Wikipedia in German for you mein Freund : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluralis_maiestatis Seriously, back to the subject : there is a poll in the following topic, please participate : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10405 There are only 15 votes for the moment.
-
Thanks Marco ! Here is the link: http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=214
-
I learned latin for three years Actually I was not very talented But in latin it's Pluralis MaJestatis. It was just the cultural minute.
-
I totally agree, it would be a good way to reorganize this section of the forum and - that's the final purpose - would help to find the answer to a FAQ.
-
Actually, you're right nobeefstu, I missed the subtle difference. Thank you for pointing this out.
-
[FORUM] Updating of the forum to new version 3.0.2
thedom replied to Igor's topic in Forum & Website
Very nice ! I guess the forum will be closed for a few hours during this upgrade, right ? -
I just created a poll about this subject : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10405 Please vote.
-
Bill started a topic to ask if PTE can fade music at the end of a show : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10377 Here is what Igor wrote two months ago (thanks to Xaver for finding the original post) : So, we don't know exactly what Igor have in mind about this simple management of audio tracks and when he would release it. But it seems members disagree about the usefulness of this feature that has been discussed already a lot of time in the past. I think it would be interesting to know the tendency for the users of the forum. So please vote. Thanks.
-
Me neither. Maybe it's absolutely not the problem but if you have more than two keypoints for an objct and want to apply an other effect than linear correctly, you have to separate each section in order for the non linear speed option to be applied : click on Setting up... (at the top of the speed options) and then click on Separate here.
-
Thanks Lin. Honestly, yes it took me a lot of time. As you can see, I pan individually 4 different levels to give an impression of depth : - background - pictures - texts of the pictures - foreground It would be easy to make this animation on a single slide but even PTE couldn't handle all those objects without jerkiness. That's why I had to split the animation into 20 slides with "quick" transition between each. The challenge was to make it without no visible breakdown. The same for the subtle change of color and darkness in the background that fits individually each picture.
-
I couldn't find his post but If I remember correctly, Igor told us quite recently (couple of months ?) that he would add a simple sound editor in a future version.
-
You can watch the animations directly here but I really recommend to download the EXE file for a much better output quality. Standard Version : - FullScreen Version : - The links to purchase the template are on the download pages of the demos. For those who would like to make the same kind of foreground/background, I made them with Photoshop brushes : - Photoshop Florals brushes : http://www.libertiny.../floral-design/ - Subtle Grunge Textures & Effects : http://wefunction.co...runge-textures/
-
Actually, I guarantee there will be absolutely no downgrading of your pictures (neither for sounds) when you decompress the zip. The "backup in zip" feature is only a convenient way to put all your files of a project in the same archive.
-
I find a short article and a video of this effect in action but nothing about how it works. http://www.qj.net/Face-detection-in-the-PS...pg/49/aid/77298 But according to this other link ( http://www.develop-online.net/news/32417/S...ition-software) about the PSEye (camera for the PS3), it seems it is software... Anyway, it sounds interesting if they develop interesting games to use this feature :