-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Hello Photofanatic, Thank you for your interest in this template. If I understand correctly, you would like to add more photos to the templates (which is for 20 pictures by default). Did you try to follow the instructions I gave on the description page : Please tell me exactly where is the problem in order for me (or anybody else) to help you. If necessary, upload your zipped project (in PTE, click on File then Create Backup in ZIP), it might be easier to find out the problem.
-
Thank you very much for comments (and Eric, for rating the slideshow). I spend a lot of time with a real book to turn the pages and find a way to simulate this effect in PTE. But after reading your posts, I agree that there is still something wrong with the curling effect but don't know what exactly. frets3, I am not sure to understand what you mean. If you have time, could you make a capture with an arrow to point out where is the problem because I would like to finish this effect. Thanks for your help.
-
Almost 3 years ago, I made a demo to show what can be done with PTE Masks. I used pictures of the french model/actress Laetitia Casta I found on the internet. Here is a slideshow with the same idea, but I added masks and blurred effects for a dynamic composition with my own pictures. [ 10.33Mb - 2 minutes and 54 seconds ] You can download it here. The animation should be smooth, even with old configuration. I think those effects add a visual appeal of the sequence. What do you think ? Instead of doing it in Photoshop, I really would like to be able to control the blur effect directly in PTE. Am I the only one ?
-
Barry, I understand your point. But as you probably already know, 4K display resolution (4096 x 2160) screen should be the new standard in less than 5 years. Unless it will be Ultra HDTV (7680 x 4320) ? http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/14/33-mega...-on-the-air-in/ I guess, right now, most of us resize their images to fit the biggest screen resolution we have... and depending on our hardware (processor & video card) But I think it depends on our demand about image quality too... and our eyes. Does it mean we have to keep our pictures at the highest resolution possible to have the best image as possible and to be able to rebuild our slideshows in the future ? The answer is certainly YES for me.
-
Stu, Thank you for this tool. As Xaver already noticed, there is a minor problem with french special characters but nothing that prevents to understand. For your information, it displays : ‚ instead of è. Š instead of é. instead of E with "accent aigu"
-
UPDATE : new version released. Same link I released in september 2006 a first demo of a curling page effect. When I watch it, I realized how powerful PTE is today ! Here is a completely new slideshow compared to my first version. [ 1 minute and 30 seconds - 5.07 MB ] Download it here. This effect was completely impossible with previous version of PTE. This effect was really brainteasers for me. The slideshow is not finished yet (at the end the pile will be empty) and there are still small defects I plan to improve. But here is the first version. I took the pictures today. You can tell it was a rainy day...
-
Dave, Xaver is right, if you want to reinstall my shadow templates, they can be downloaded here : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=212 But I have to confess that I don't know where the apr_shadows.ini (shadow templates file) is under Vista... Can anyone give us the information ?
-
How to change his email in his WnSoft account ?
thedom replied to thedom's topic in General Discussion
Doh, he has eyes but can't see. Thanks Xaver. -
Trailertrash, Maureen, thank you. You're right, it will make fantastic memories for the whole family.
-
I have a new email address. I look for a way to change it in the control panel of this forum but couldn't find a way to do so. It's a little bit annoying because I do not receive the email notifications of replies anymore. Is there a way to modify it ? Unless only the administrator can do it by updating my email in the database ? Thanks for your help.
-
Noel, Mary, thank you for your compliments. I have to confess that I spend to much time with PTE... At least, that's what my girlfriend thinks.
-
Thank you. What I can tell you is that I spend a lot of time on this slideshow to make it looks "realistic".
-
Howard, Sorry for the delay of my response. 1&1 told me it was probably because of intermediate servers but not because of their servers... Could you please confirm (as I hope) that everything is fine now ?
-
Lin, It seems those scripts can't be downloaded. At least, I can't, don't understand why. Anyway, those scripts suppose you have access and can modify the code of your html pages to replace the original link by an other one provided by the script. It works great for static pages (HTML) but can't be used for dynamic pages (PHP). I just tried a script named ccount : it works perfectly and it is free : http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-click-counter.php I made the test with a link I provide on this forum and I can know the number of clicks for it. It will work as well to know the number of downloads of a file. Ron, I think your website is static. You should be able use this script very easily. If your server supports PHP, there shouldn't be any problem. The readme file is very easy to understand and to add a link takes only seconds. If some of you want me to count the number of clicks for a link to a file they provide on this forum, it will be a pleasure for me to add their link. I will give them the password to the admin panel to be able to know the number of downloads for their file.
-
Thank you very much for your positive comments. I really appreciate to know that this work will be useful and that you enjoy it.
-
Jose, I perfectly undesrtand what you would like to have. But I'm afraid I have bad news for you. If I understand correctly, you use a ready to use blog (tool that your provider offers to his clients to use?). Behind this blog, there is a script probably written in PHP. If there is no download counter implemented by default in this script, it will be very difficult to add a counter. You would need pretty good skills in programming to know where to add the code needed to count. And I suppose you do not even have access to the code ? Could you give me more details about this blog you use ? I am not very optimistic but I can have a look.
-
Jose, May be Yachtsman already answered your question because I'm not sure to understand it. Was your question "how many people dowloaded an exe file I share ?" If it was your question, what you can do is to install a download system script written in PHP. I suppose you have a web space where you can host your files and a database as well. A lot of those scripts are free : http://www.hotscripts.com/category/php/scr...systems/page:1/ Hope it helps.
-
Thanks Ray. I will try to release soon a very simple PTE project in order for you to undesrtand how it can be done. Anyway, I released the final demo of this effet and the full template is available for free too. Download the last version of this demo here You can donwload the template here for free. Enjoy.
-
Alan John, thanks. Actually I do not use slide transition effects. As in 99% of my slideshow, it's actually a quick transition and I manage 2 images per slide : main image and next image.
-
You can make a beautiful background directly in PTE that match perfectly your picture... with the picture itself. Here is how to do it : Add your image twice to a slide. For the one at the bottom : apply a huge horinzontal zoom to the picture (x5000 by example) and leave the vertical zoom to 100. Decrease the opacity to something like 50% or 60% (be sure to have a black background (in Customize Slide | Main tab) For the one at the top : apply a zoom of 85% (horizontal and vertical) and apply a shadow to it (in Common tab | tick Drop shadow) Here is a demo that use those backgrounds to automatically and perfectly match the pictures. I animated the backgrounds and the pictures but it's the same "technique" of backgrounds. Download the demo here
-
Thank you for your comments. Adda, I am back for more than a month already. I just released an improved version of this demo (same link). The display problems are for most of them resolved. And I totally rebuilded the opening sequence, and added a closing sequence. May be not final before release of the template but not far...
-
=====================> START UPDATE <===================== I released the final demo of this effet and the template is available for free too. Download the last version of this demo here You can donwload the template here for free. Enjoy. =====================> END UPDATE <====================== Lin posted a long time ago a demo of a scroll effect, using one of Pano's Photoshop action. If I remember correctly, he was not totally satisfied with the result because of the PTE slide transition he used ("curling of page unrolling from top" I think). Actually, it was a very convincing scroll opening sequence, then , in his demo, he panned the text on the scroll. Unfortunately, I didn't find his post on the PTE forum but you can download his demo on his site : go to http://www.lin-evans.net/demo/index.html and download the scroll demo at the bottom of the page. Anyway, I tried to simulate the same kind of effect but I would like to try to go further. I do not wish to pan text or images, I want the whole scroll to unroll in a "realistic" way and the pictures/text displayed on the scroll to appear one after each other. The effect is 100% manual (no slide transition used) for a better control. I think it's much more easier to make something more realistic today because of the PTE mask feature. Here is a quick and dirty demo of the effect. Download it here I still need to work on it but I wanted to share with you what I already made. As you will noticed, there are display bugs and a big problem in the middle of the sequence but it's something I can fix easily, it just need work... and time ! Once I will be glad with the result, I will release a FREE template. I will give you the ability to display something like 30 pictures (instead of one in the demo right now). Suggestions and comments welcome.
-
Waow, it would be a main new feature and would deserves a 6.0 version. Thanks Igor for this great news !
-
Here it is, it's finally springtime ! I took my camera last week-end, the weather was warm and shiny... little bugs and flowers are coming out... Here is a composition to celebrate the awekaning of nature. [ 2 minutes and 54 seconds - 8.95Mb ] Download this animation here on my website. I made an intensive use of PTE masks, nothing revolutionary but I like the result. I tried to make something elegant to point up my pictures. How do you find the result ?
-
Here is a new kind of animation using a black frame. It's a very classic presentation and in my mind is very appropriate for black & white pictures. You can download the demo here in the demos section. And if you like it, you can download the template here in the free templates section of my website.