Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

thedom

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by thedom

  1. mhwarner, I plan to start a "business" one day too. Could you please give me the link to your site ? And anybody else who have his own "commercial" site... The most important problems for me are : - how customers do send their files ? - how do they pay ? Thank you for the links and for your advices.
  2. A very detailed tutorial on how to use my "Comic Effect" Photoshop action (see my original post here on Wnsoft forum). [click on the image to directly access the download page] The archive includes the Video itself which runs for about 22 minutes (divided in 14 steps) IMPORTANT : to watch the tutorial, double-click on the "Comic Effect Tutorial.html" file. In case you don't have flash installed yet, you can enable your system to read it by going to the MacroMedia site here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ In case you didn't already downloaded it, I included in the archive as a sub-archive my "Comic Effect" Pack which contains : - the action itself (TheDom-ComicEffect-ATN4.atn) (BE CAREFULL, version 4 uploaded this morning). - 3 kinds of Balloons masks : regular, onomatopeia, sound fx (134 .png files). Set your screen resolution at 1280x1024 (or more) to watch the show fullscreen. Even if you already know how to use my action, have a look at this tutorial, I'm quite sure you gonna learn something. If you really don't want to watch the tutorial but only need the "Comic Effect" Pack, you can download it separetely here. Thank you for your feedback.
  3. John, I think the "P" button is here to indicate if the slide has the Project options or not. If the slide uses the project options, the "P" button is "ON". If the slide uses customized settings, the "P" button is "OFF" (grey).
  4. Just after I posted the message, I realized there was a problem with the action. That's why I deleted the page. I fixed the problem and I improved the action a little bit more (color are more saturated for a better comic effect). http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...&file_id=35 I really made an effort and imho, the action is well documented. You just have to follow the instructions provided by the action. Panos, if you can have a look, I would really appreciate your opinion of expert. Lin or bjc or anybody else, if you're ready to make a tutorial for me, I think it could be usefull. Because the action is quite powerfull. Hope you will enjoy it.
  5. I made an action to make a comic effect for your own picture. This action is an adaptation of the excellent tutorial avalaible on marmec.com which you can find here. An action is avalaible but "the effect is slightly different than the one detailed in the written tutorial and had to be dumbed down for automation's sake. But, I think you will agree, it still looks pretty slick. Download it and give it a shot." That's what I did, I tried it, and honestly, imho, the action is nice but not as nice as the effect you can have following the tutorial. Overall, the user has aboslutely NO CONTROL on the final effect of this action. So, I wrote my own action set and here is the result. I added several improvements, and in particular an action to make your own bubbles. Download my full "COMIC EFFECT" pack (including photoshop action set and "balloon" masks) : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...&file_id=35
  6. Lin, I think the problem occurered when you downloaded the file because I just downloaded it, unzipped the file and Dom's Action.SWF runs fine. Nettleton, when you say "when I open P2E v 5.5, find 'MY FIRST BOOK' and add TheDom-BookLandscapeTPL-SmlJPG image to the slide", actually, you have to open the .pte template, ie "TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.pte". This file is actually a PTE project and it is in a sub-archive included in the archive you downloaded. The name of this sub-archive is "TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.zip" and includes all the files related to the template. You have to unzip this sub-archive first and then, within PTE, open "TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.pte". Everything should be ok. Hope it helps.
  7. Tom95521, member no 2,058 here on wnsoft made a full collection of new photo corners masks : black, burlap, canvas, denim, gold, leather, marble, mystic, silver, slate, tape, wood... some with both shapes: sharp AND round. To be sure to find what you need. Thanks tom ! I modified my archive and included those masks. Same link. See post above.
  8. A very detailed tutorial on how to use my "Book" template (for landscape pictures). The quality of bjc's tutorials was not to demonstrate any more but this one is even a step above, really professionnal, and trust me, I'm really requiring. That archive includes : - the Video itself which runs for 28 minutes (divided in 6 steps) - the sample PTE.exe file (TheDom-BookLandscape-bjc.exe). IMPORTANT : to watch the tutorial, double-click on the "BOOKTemplateTutorial2.html" file. In case you don't have flash installed yet, you can enable your system to read it by going to the MacroMedia site here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ In case you didn't already downloaded it, I included in the archive my "BookLandscape Template" which contains : - the template itself (TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.pte) - the photoshop action (TheDom-PTEBook (2).atn) to quickly process your pictures (Thanks to bjc for the improvement he made). Even if you already know how to use my template, have a look at this tutorial, I'm quite sure you gonna learn something. Thanks bjc for this really excellent tutorial. When is the next one ? [35,04 MB]
  9. Ron, may be my answer here) was not enough detailed. At the end of your action (4WaySplit.atn), instead of saving the 4 layers in .png format, you can save them in the .jpg format : crop the layer before saving it in .jpg format to get rid of the transparency (or use the "Layers to PNG files" photoshop action with the trim option ON ) After, in PTE, add a frame and add the 4 pictures as 4 sub-objects of the frame. The picture have to be in "original" mode, zoom = 50%. Hope it makes sense.
  10. Jean-Pierre, I totally agree (see here).
  11. Igor, Just curious to know, is this the surprise you were reffering to in this post ?
  12. Yes, that's the one I tried first and it works perfectly.
  13. Hi Lin, I installed one week ago a new module on TheDom Sharing Place to have extended statistics (and I'm proud to already have visitors from 33 different countries of all continents ). One of the numerous informations returned is the plugins installed and only 23,7% of my visitors have flash installed. To access those very interesting informations (I don't log ip, privacy is absolutely maintained and I only "use" them to improve my site and for information only), you have to register first, and once logged in, a link Statistics appears at the top of the page...
  14. Hi bharkins, Thank you for your interest. If you don't have flash installed yet, you can enable your system to read it by going to the MacroMedia site here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ Once you have installed flash, unzip my archive, open the folder where you unzip it and double-click on "TheDom-TransparencyCut-Tut.html". It will automatically open your web brower and start the tutorial.
  15. - exact synchronisation to music - start external application - add text - add button - comments - association of a sound to a slide - association of mouse buttons with an action (next slide, prev slide, exit, etc...) - show navigation bar - show copyright logo - tiled background picture - automaticaly start PTE when double clicking on a .pte file. - show transition effect from and to the desktop
  16. Make a cut like in the thumbnail in less than 1 minute. There is a gradient transparency around the beautiful Laetitia but it's not really visible on the thumbnail. This kind of effect on a picture can be included in your slideshow for a really nice effect. This tutorial (flash movie) shows how to make such an effect using Photoshop CS2 but I'm quite sure the same tool exists in the other photo editors (and previous version of Photoshop). To be honest, I was wondering how to make such an effect for more than one year. And I finally found it by myself this week-end. I know, I am really a newbie ! By the way, it's my first tutorial... [1,42 MB]
  17. A simple mask to very quickly put white "photo corners" around your pictures, and this directly IN PTE. No need to use a photo editor any more. [1,48 MB] UPDATE : new "photo corners" added (created by tom 95521) : black, burlap, canvas, denim, gold, leather, marble, mystic, silver, slate, tape, wood...
  18. John, Thank you for your help but I think I will let it down because its a huge amount of work and I don't know if it will be really useful. And it will be even more difficult for me to do it in english. I will keep the idea in mind though. May be one day...
  19. Lin, I found similar scripts. I didn't tried them though. May be they are compatible with Photoshop CS : Export photoshop layers to PNG http://www.thatblokemike.com/blog/index.ph...iewcat&cat_id=5 (or direct link to download the script : www.thatblokemike.com/blog/files/PngExport.zip) Layer to files script adding PNG support http://ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=255 (I don't think this one crops the layers) Let us know how they work with CS...
  20. Ken, Steve The concept is to make something not static which will grow litlle by little. Everybody can participate to propose content (questions, answers or both). The whole is under the responsability of administrators who approve or not the suggestions. BUT it is NOT a forum. It's really a FAQ, a knowledge base. Each information is classified and is supposed to be easy to find. But it's a lot of work. I can't do it by myself. that's why I need help... So, anybody's interested ?
  21. Ron, I made the test and you are right : I can see the lines in 1280x1024 but no problem in 1024x768. It means that we have to be carefull with this point when doing our slideshows.
  22. I'm looking for the best free script to install a knowledge base. I found phpmyfaq and installed a version : http://thefreedom.free.fr/faq. (it's only temporary, I will make a fresh installation at the end, once I'm sure this is the one I need). I would like to know if any of you would be interested to help me to build this Knowledge base. It could be done little by little, there is no rush. I would create an admin profil for people who would help me... So ?
  23. Panos, I'm really happy to see you here as a member of Wnsoft forum and as a user of PTE ! I can imagine what we can produce with your help... ! Btw, do you have skills about photoshop scripts ore are you "only" with actions ? If you can help here...
  24. Lin, Just a suggestion, but may be you could ask for support on a forum dedicated to photoshop scripts, because I'm afraid there is not true specialist of photoshop scripts here.
  25. Here is Jeff's asnwer. Unfortunately incompatible with CS. Anybody to adapt it for CS ?
×
×
  • Create New...