WnSoft Forums

MOODS OF LAKELAND

This thread was a mild one - basically everybody loved Maureen's picts -- but the music, some felt did not fit

this thread below was the thread to end all threads - and it was all about "peace"

lot of people we don't hear from any more or very seldom

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry25053

i watched the show several times this morn on both my monitor and the tv -- still a great compilation

ken

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Xaver,

Sorry, I meant her family four generations back on her mother's side were from S-H, but she was born in California. Her father was German, Russian and Cherokee (American Indian).

Best regards,

Lin

Does she speak German (perhaps with a northern accent)?

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Dave,

I wish I knew. The first time I visited Wales I thought I might look up some relatives there. My great grandfather was one of seven "Evans" brothers who came to the U.S. and settled variously in Kentucky, Illinois and Colorado. My great grandfather settled in Colorado. I looked in the phone book in Cardiff and I'll swear half the book were "Evans" - LOL. It seems "Evans" is as common a name in Wales as Smith or Jones are in the U.S., so I gave up trying to discover my family origins in Wales. Likewise with Germany, France, England and even the U.S. The only family records were kept in family bibles which have been lost over the years so I only have memories of what I was told when young.

Best regards,

Lin

Which part of Wales?

DaveG

Lin,

It's difficult but not impossible to trace the Evans name.

I did my family tree back as far as my paternal great-grandparents - (that's as far as I wanted to go - 1852) a little while ago with very little to start. I then was able to work "backwards" to today and trace all of the descendants of my great-grandparents. Not only are there a lot of them but the stories related to their lines of the family are sometimes fascinating. The 1901 and 1911 censuses have just been issued online and there's a wealth of info there but you need something concrete to begin the search.

What you need are birth, marriage and death certs. Your birth cert gives you your father and mother's details and their marriage cert gives their parents details and addresses etc etc. I guess that you knew all of this and you have to have a certain determination to want to do it.

I was just curious.

DaveG