• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once we go to v3.0.2 Invision suggests an improved protection against spammers:

We are pleased to announce our new Spam Monitoring Service

Our new Spam Monitoring Service assists with the ever-growing problem of spam account registrations on communities across the web. This service uses a central database, hosted by IPS, to track those that may try to register an account on your IP.Board-powered community and stop them from registering.

How it Works

Each time a user tries to register, your IP.Board will contact the service and report the IP address and email address attempting to register. The service will scan a list of known spammers and give the account a score of 1 - 4. There are various options you can configure to control what behavior happens based on the score such as banning the account, letting it through normally, or queuing it for approval.

By harnessing the power of the many thousands of IP.Board communities, the service can "learn" over time what accounts are spammers. For example, a real human could never register on 5 IP.Board communities in just one minute so the service would see that account as a probable spam account.

The service will also monitor the "mark as spam" feature now included in IP.Board. This means that, as you and your moderators manually mark an account as a spammer, the information is reported back to the service to help stop those accounts on your community and other IP.Board communities as well!

Through these methods we are creating a service that learns from the collective data gathered from all IP.Board communities who choose to participate in the Spam Monitoring Service.

Privacy

IPS will collect various registration information to track and catch spam accounts. Information that is not from a spammer is only kept temporarily (to detect trends so we can catch spam accounts) then deleted. The only information permanently kept is for those known to be spammers. The service is completely optional and no IP.Board is required to participate.

We plan to update the forum to a new version 3.0.2 today-tomorrow.

It will bring new features and new (optional) UI theme.

Also it should reduce appearing of spam posts.

Very nice !

I guess the forum will be closed for a few hours during this upgrade, right ?

I love the new skin of the forum !

Thank you for this upgrade.

Igor, I am wondering if there is not a little problem.

For the previous replies (before the upgrade), the quote doesn't look like the one above and it is a little bit difficult to read.

And I have a question : how do you set the previous UI ?

I looked for it in My Settings but couldn't find the option.

I like the look of the new Forum layout, but I cannot find where the 'My Assistant' option has gone.

I found that option useful because I was able to immediately find my last 10 posts.

Has it gone for good, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Ron West

I like the look of the new Forum layout, but I cannot find where the 'My Assistant' option has gone.

I found that option useful because I was able to immediately find my last 10 posts.

Has it gone for good, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Ron West

Ron

try the top right of your screen -- click your name and is what you are loooking for there?

ken

Hi Ronnie

I think you will have to use the advanced search facility. Top right under your name but so feint that it is easy to miss. What a shame it has dropped off the membership number. That gave a slight clue as to the skill level of the member and also showed how successful PTE has become..

Mike

Hi Ronnie

I think you will have to use the advanced search facility. Top right under your name but so feint that it is easy to miss. What a shame it has dropped off the membership number. That gave a slight clue as to the skill level of the member and also showed how successful PTE has become..

Mike

No, this does not provide me with what I want.

Seems like this option (and a few more) have been dropped now. This is a shame because it degrades the 'New Look'

Ron