Igor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Yachtsman1

The font size seems smaller, I know I should be able to increase the size, but can't remember how. Seems slower also, still no spell checker, only the add on that won't work for me :(

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric, press CTRL+ to increase the font (and CTRL- top decrease it).

Hi Dom

The font size I mean is what I see on the screen when viewing other posts, not what I write. I tried what you said & the text stayed as written. another anomoly is text wrapping, the text I type disappears under the emoticon list. :(

The font size I mean is what I see on the screen when viewing other posts, not what I write. I tried what you said & the text stayed as written.

I meant the font size of other posts too.

What browser do you use ? Because I tested it with IE8 and Firefox3 and it works very well.

Love the new look forum, easier to read, extra options, sub-forums and more professional appearance, big step forward. biggrin.gif

<CTRL>+ and <CTRL>- work fine for me in IE8 with no word wrapping or any other problems.

Yachtsman1

Try iespell here---

http://www.iespell.com/

works well for me on this forum and many others I visit.

The new forum layout is OK with Firefox on the Mac.

But on the iPhone(used by me for 50% for web and e-mail, mainly when not at home of course), the font size is more or less a disaster.

It is possible to enlarge text, but in that case one is always forced to scroll, and unnecessary; and the previous version was so good....

regards,

Henri.

Guest Yachtsman1

I don't use any of the mentioned browsers, I use BT Yahoo & have done for the last 5 years & don't want to change. The spell checker was asked for 18 months ago, I would have thought it was an essential due to the many different nationalities using the site.

Yachtsman1 :(

Guest Yachtsman1

Possibly, but with different characteristics. On certain web sites I have to use IE as mine isn't recognised, these are few and far between. Autotrader is one, can't remember any others. However saying all that the forum worked fine previously, it doesn't now.

Another problem with the new system, when I receive an email advising of a fresh post on an item I am following, previously clicking the link took me directly to the new post. Now it takes me to the first post in the string, which is particularly annoying when it is a multi page item :(

Yachtsman1

Thanks! I've reported both problems (Fast Reply and iPhone) to Invision support.

Dominique,

I was not able reproduce issue with Fast Reply in my IE8.

Igor, please do not spend time with this bug as it seems I am the only one to have it.

I can live without the "fast reply". :)

Igor, please do not spend time with this bug as it seems I am the only one to have it.

I can live without the "fast reply". smile.gif

FAST REPLY MISSING FROM IE 6

AND AM NOT ABOUT TO UPDATE TO IE 8 TILL THEY WORK ALL THE BUGS WITH XPSP3/IE8

STILL TOO MANY PROBLEMS

IE 8 SEEMS TO BE OK WITH VISTA

KEN

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dave

I know I can use a different browser, but unsure how I can run two together. Saying that, why should I, it worked before the change, surely it is up to wnsoft to correct their new system to suit what is already being used :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Dave

I know I can use a different browser, but unsure how I can run two together. Saying that, why should I, it worked before the change, surely it is up to wnsoft to correct their new system to suit what is already being used :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

ERIC

am running this answer from Firefox 3.5.2 - it takes some getting used to -am surprised you are not running it as i think its home is the UK - am also running IE 6 at same time

when i test web pages for friends , i have IE 6 , Firefox and Safari going at same time. If needed i can start my second system and run ie 8 but it is terribly slow

if i am really pushed i can start Wife's vista/ie8 laptop but i don't want to get into the habit

firefox is by far quicker and more stable than my IE 6

I may be forced to install ie 7 as more and more pages do not work right with ie 6

and from what i have read there a ton of sites that are not friendly to IE 8

IMHO Safari is the least user friendly

if you had a skype or msn messenger acct I am sure one of the forum could talk you thru starting Firefox

ken

We seem to have two threads running with the same theme here. Can one of the moderators/Igor combine them so the overall picture is clear...

Maybe a good idea at first glance, but not at the second one! If you merge two threads the flow of communication will get destroyed.

Regards,

Xaver

Eric,

Install both and run either from the icon on your desktop.

I always start Firefox these days.

Sometimes if I click on a link, from an e-mail for instance, IE will start up as the default and I haven't quite figured out how to make Firefox the default yet.

But for normal usage I find Firefox much better.

The reason I changed was because a site I go to regularly suddenly failed to recognise me (I think that I was unable to log in somehow - it was a while ago) and someone suggested I try Firefox. I haven't had that problem since.

Try it - you have nothing to lose and you might like it.

You could be a little while waiting for Microsoft to fix anything!

DaveG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dave

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

To Up-date this post, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox 3.5 to my desktop, as I feared it wanted to make MF my main browser. So I deleted the installation. I have only two sites I use that have problems which are giving problems, this forum & Autotrader which I use maybe 3 times a year. The reasons for changing from BT Yahoo are not convincing enough to make me change my mind. The facilities offered by BT yahoo far outweigh my need to change. If it aint broke, why fix it? Sorting the new forum should take priority to any fancy new gizmos that are used by the minority.

Yachtsman1 :(