WnSoft Forums

"One more thing"

Igor

Just what I asked for. Thanks Igor. I am really looking forward to using this feature. :D

Cant wait. Hope it's not too long in arriving.

Alan

It's a very difficult job you are doing which need to solved many problems. Take the time you need to do it. Thanks to all the team for that.

3D objects in PicturesToExe. Coming soon.

Igor, will it be possible to build a structured object composed of several parallel layers (with png transparency) at different depths and partially rotate around it?

This would solve problems with my next slideshow!

Greetings! Umberto

Hi Umberto.

It's not that type of 3D where you have Z axis depth, but rather more like the 3D transform in Photoshop where you can change the observed perspective by rotating an object on the Z axis. Like Photoshop prior to version CS4 extended, you see the perspective of the edges of the object but not Y axis depth.

For example, when you hold a piece of 8x11 inch paper in front and parallel to your body then rotate the top away from you. The sides appear to converge toward the top and spread apart toward the bottom. As you continue to rotate in the same direction, eventually you see only a thin line. As you continue to rotate you now see the back side of the paper and what was the bottom now becomes the "top." In effect, you have caused a vertical "flip" of the image.

Likewise if you were to rotate the object left to right or right to left you would eventually perform a horizontal "flip" of the image. Now imagine if the paper were transparent so that you could actually see an image printed on one side through the back. This is what the 3D transform will allow.

Of course you also have the ability to use keyframes so that these changes in perspective are "dynamic" and PTE can create all intermediate images just as if you were looking at the motion in real time with a real 2D object such as a piece of paper. Now further, you will be able to attach a 3D shadow which will perform as a real shadow might perform with a single source fixed light which you could move and place at any of 360 degrees and the "paper" were casting a shadow upon a flat surface behind.

This is how the 3D transform feature will work in PTE. Of course you also can control normal Ken Burns effects of PZR simultaneously with any object so that we have some significant new power with PTE!

Best regards,

Lin

Igor, will it be possible to build a structured object composed of several parallel layers (with png transparency) at different depths and partially rotate around it?

This would solve problems with my next slideshow!

Greetings! Umberto

I think it will be probably possible, the best is to wait a lot.

It's not that type of 3D where you have Z axis depth, but rather more like the 3D transform in Photoshop where you can change the observed perspective by rotating an object on the Z axis. Like Photoshop prior to version CS4 extended, you see the perspective of the edges of the object but not Y axis depth.

Lin, I'm looking for a relatively easy way to obtain something like this video

Virtual 3D photos in After Effects

I know that the video relates to AfterEffects, but was hoping to obtain some kind similar into PTE. I obtained something by moving layers (without rotation, obviously), but being able to build a tree structured object (like you can do with current version of PTE) and being able to offset each component both on X, Y, and Z could let me obtain the effect without not too much effort.

Can you suggest some trick to obtain such an effect? I understand that the 3D rotation is not possible and only zooming and panning of layers is available (rotation on Z axis is not much interesting in this case) but the "animate each layer separately" technique is much time consuming.

Greetings! Umberto

Hi Umberto,

Right now, in the current "to be released" iteration of 3D transform, I don't think you will be able to do what you want easily, if at all. The current iteration is to rotate a 2D object in 3D space. What you want to achieve is best done by rotation of a 3D object in 3D space along with camera movement perspective.

It "may" be possible to simulate depth, but this would require adjusting objects in a very complex way to attempt to simulate camera movement as in the After Effects demonstration. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done, just that it would be very time consuming to try to accurately simulate what is easily done with After Effects and Photoshop.

Photoshop version CS4 Extended also has some of this capability in setting up 3D simulation by allowing keyframes on camera movement, so it might be possible to create some sequences there, export them as PNG files with transparency and use them along with 3D transform to approximate what you want to achieve.

One way to achieve what you want in PTE is to use my template which will allow you to create a video in any 3D software which can export individual PNG frames with alpha channel (transparency) which make up this video. Then you can simply name them appropriately (image001.png - image1800.png sequentially) and the template will run this as if you were able to actually run the video in PTE.

The up side is that you can actually achieve whatever you can export from the video whether by decompiling individual frames or by exporting individual png frames. The down side is that it is extremely memory intensive and many GPU (video cards) simply can't handle the loading, especially if the individual files are larger than about 500 pixels on a side.

To get full screen images such as shown in the After Effects demo, would be nearly an impossible task until PTE can actually handle real video clips. Of course you could run Boxig's "show video.exe" with "hidetaskbar.exe" but there is not a lot of control and you can't really run anything else in the background simultaneously.

The bottom line is that in time, Igor may be able to make PTE run real 3D in 3D space and then you could export from the software used to create the simulation and animate it in PTE, but right now it's just not possible.

You may remember, a couple years ago, I made a small demo of doing something like you are describing. What I presented were photos of a mushroom taken from different positions and "sequenced" do simulate 3D. By playing the sequences progressively the mushroom stayed in the same position while the background view changed back and forth. This is what you are describing on a small scale.

But this really has little or nothing to do with the new 3D transform feature, though it "might" be used to add some realism. This can easily be done without 3D transform. It simply requires multiple frames of the subject background taken from slightly different positions while the main subject as a separate PNG object with alpha channel stays constant. This, of course, could be simulated using these Photoshop CS4 extended capabilities, or with After Effects. Then individual frames could be sequenced either as with my template with the images as objects under a single slide, or with individual slides.

If this is what you want to do, then it's only necessary to create the individual frames and animate accordingly. If you could describe the actual sequence you have in mind, perhaps I or someone else on the forum could help you realize it.

Here's a link to the sample I referenced:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/3Dsample.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Umberto,

Another quick example of what I was trying to verbally depict. You will notice that from the perspective of the "camera" (your eyes, in this case), the background slowly pans from right to left. The intermediate bubble (further from the eye) moves from left to right, while the closer bubble moves more rapidly from left to right. The closer the object to the eye or camera, the more rapid the change in motion.

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/sample/3dperspective.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, I'm looking for a relatively easy way to obtain something like this video

Another quick example of what I was trying to verbally depict. You will notice that from the perspective of the "camera" (your eyes, in this case), the background slowly pans from right to left. The intermediate bubble (further from the eye) moves from left to right, while the closer bubble moves more rapidly from left to right. The closer the object to the eye or camera, the more rapid the change in motion.

Hi Lin, after having a look at your two demos I think that I'll follow the second one (perspective). The way of producing multiple frames to obtain the 3D effect is not the right one for me, because this would lead to lose all the smoothness of PTE animations. If I cannot lever on the PTE animation features there's no point in using it and would be better doing all the work directly in After Effects and Premiere. But I don't want to do that, because projecting an AVI is not a solution for me.

Actually, I don't need real 3D objects, simple plain pictures are right, and I don't even need the camera concept since I can simulate it by rotating the object. For now I'll work like the perspective demo, waiting for (maybe) some news in future about being able to work also with the z coordinate.

Greetings! Umberto

Thank you Igor and all your team.

You have worked very hard and we are very pleased with all the new developments.

You all deserve a long vacation when it is all finished biggrin.gifcool.gif

Love Maureen & Robert

I do not participate much on this forum and yet I do daily incursions.

My only problem is that I do not so easily that the English language and yet I have so much to say to Igor, his team, to all those who make every effort to make this wonderful tool PTE it has become.

Each day on earth, all people are on the lookout for any novelty that goes out of the hat to Igor the wizard, so be grateful for all the pleasure we derive from it using PTE.

Just for Igor and Lin to know what I mean with my previous post...

This link will not survive for long time, i'll keep it alive for a week or so.

Fake 3D test

This is a bare nested zoom over png layers...

If it was possible to work also on Z coordinate, also a slight 3d rotation would be possible with better results.

Anyway, if only 3d rotation but no z offset will be available, the same result would be really difficult to achieve.

Greetings! Umberto

Hi Mike,

There will be a tutorial on how to "use" it, and perhaps samples of several ways it could be used in slideshows. To maximize the use is not something which can really be told and is very dependent on what the user decides to create.

Igor has already shown at least two ways it can be used. One is to depict your image in some perspective other than "head-on," and the other showing a "reflection" of the main image in perspective.

If you are familiar with the 3D transform features of Photo shop you can see that images can be "flipped" horizontally, vertically or anything in between. I would assume that the 3D shadow already in the beta would follow any between keyframe motion by the object in 3D transform so that lighting would look natural as the object changes dynamically in perspective.

Possible scenarios for using this feature include flipping book pages, flipping playing cards, displaying dynamic changes in photo perspective in a slideshow, doing OOB (out of bounds) photos by using the 3D transform and included shadows and borders and duplication of a portion of the original image as a PNG object to extend beyond the borders of the photo, reflections, etc.

In short - all the things we can now do with a perspective change in Photoshop plus dynamic changes between keyframes from one perspective to another. It's a very nice concept....

Best regards,

Lin