WnSoft Forums

Re Mapping pictures to new Drive

ryt

Folks,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have just had to flatten my laptop and rebuild it. I have set up various slideshows in the past with pictures on an E drive. My Laptop no longer has an E Drive with the pictures now residing on my C drive. When I open the show I get lots of blue slides as PTE is searching for the pics on E.

Is there a simple way to re map each slideshow to let PTE find my pics on their new location on the C drive and thus be able to nun the slideshow.

Look forward to hearing from you

Mark

In O&A click on properties and you'll see "picture" with a box show where PTE is looking for the picture.

Create a folder with exactly the same file structure and put the image(s) in that folder. That way PTE will find the image(s) and you won't see a blue error message.

That's one way - there might be others.

Next time you "flatten" your laptop create some Templates beforehand?

There's more info on that on the forum.

DG

Mark,

It is a manual operation.

Create the folder and transfer all files to it.

This assumes that you were following normal good practise for PTE which is described above. ALL images music etc should be in the SAME dedicated folder per show.

If you weren't doing this you might have a lot of trawling to do.

DG

Hi ryt,

Perhaps it's not necessary to rename each of your pictures : I think the following procedure is possible :

Put all the pictures, music... and .pte files in a same new folder.

When opening this .pte file, if PTE doesn't find the older path, it will look in its own new folder, and than refound the pictures, sound... You have just to rename the .pte file if you want.

Mark,

You say that you have rebuilt your PC. From that I assume that you are quite at home fiddling with PC "techie" things. The PTE project file (*.pte) can be editted with Notepad. So one option open to you is to take a backup copy of your PTE project file (for recovery if you make a mess of the edit) and then edit the PTE file to change the disk and folder names to match your new structure.

regards,

Peter

If you were to follow a logical workflow and create a suitable file structure before making your slide shows, this problem will never arise in the future.

Send me your email address and I will let you have a copy of my tutorial on creating a suitable file structure for all of of your future slide shows.

Ron

Another old chestnut rears its head again!

I know that once you've got the problem you need to find the solution, but 'prevention is better than cure' is shouting out.

Go to File then Make a Backup in Zip for every show you create, as a matter of routine, and you'll never have that problem.

The bonus is that you DO then have a backup.

Regards,

wideangle