WnSoft Forums

Memories of Iceland

thedom

I choose my best photographies and the most representative of what I saw in Iceland last june and I made this 55 pictures slideshow.

This country is paradise for photographers !!

Comments welcome ! :)

thedom-chestboxv2-small.jpg

download_blackreflection.gif

For those of you who don't want to download a 57Mb file, I'm uploading the video on YouTube right now.

I will come later to add the link to the video.

EDIT : here is the video :

Hey Dom,

Beautiful images and beautifully presented, but - I would slow it down and give the viewer about 10 seconds rather than four seconds to enjoy each image once the animation has finished. These are too nice of image to each be gone so quickly!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks guys !

This trip abroad is one of the best I ever had.

This country offers so many beautiful landscapes that it's easy to bring home beautiful photos.

What impressed me the most is that there aren't a lot of tourists.

And you can enjoy wonderful sites without an annoying crowd.

It is very windy, cold (about 10° C at the end of june) but it's a pure jewel for the ice.

During this season, the night is never totally black. You can take pictures all day and... almost all night long ! :lol:

Lin, I prefer to make it too quick than too slow. It gives the audience to watch it again !

Serioously, most of the time, with my taste, I find photos are displayed too long.

Hi Dom,

Fantastic images and nice presentation, on my wide-screen monitor, I found it looked better when the images covered the whole screen without the white border. Just my preference.

Thanks for showing,

Bert

Nice pictures, Dom ! Beautiful ! Congratulations.

Once the pictures are in place, there is a slight change in their dimensions, which is not in the continuity of the movement - generally growing a little bit, sometimes a slight shortening. Is it voluntary, and for what purpose ?

And I find the box'colour too white ( too new !). (Just my idea of a treasure'box)

But nice movments of the camera ! Bravo

Bert, Jean-Cyprien, thank you for your comments.

It's very difficult to make something that everybody will like. Actually, it's impossible !

And I think there is a risk that it will become boring if I make always the same animation for each picture.

That's why I decided to make different animations : full screen or not, light zoom in or light zoom out.

But I understand that you might find it annoying.

JC, I had such a white box when I was a young boy.

But I made other textures to change the look of the box. May be there is one you will prefer.

Anyway, once the box is build, it's easy to make an other style, it's only different textures I apply :

1 - chestbox07.jpg 2 - chestbox08.jpg

3 - chestbox09.jpg 4 - chestbox10.jpg

5 - chestbox11.jpg 6 - chestbox12.jpg

7 - chestbox13.jpg 8 - chestbox03.jpg

Dom -

The full wide screen 1920x1080 images were great. I like this template. Do you get several versions of the "chest box" when you purchase the template?

Shows that I've made using DOM templates;

"059 - Creative Graphics"

"057 - Miss Hayley"

Click the link below to view

My link

Greg

The Chest box template is not available yet but when it will (in one week or two), yes, several version of the chest box will be included.

Greg, I just send you a PM.

Shows that I've made using DOM templates;

"059 - Creative Graphics"

"057 - Miss Hayley"

Click the link below to view

My link

Thank you for using the 3D book template.

The pink rectangle you added looks odd to me.

I don't want to sound rude but what is it supposed to be ?

Dom wrote;

The pink rectangle you added looks odd to me.

I don't want to sound rude but what is it supposed to be ?

It resembles the coffee table (light oak frame with frosted glass) in our living room where a copy of the book resides.

Greg

• 5 years later...