WnSoft Forums

Barry Beckham

Barry -

Great montage. Viewers need to watch several times - the images pass so fast. Liked the effects at the beginning - blinking eyes - nice touch.

Greg

I think the allusion to "Barry Boring" was both offensive & completely unnecessary. Personal slurs are degrading and totally out of keeping with the generally harmonious & helpful nature of this Forum.

One could similarly point out the agrammatical nature of the sentence " Maybe this is a prelude for 'Jurassic Park IV' "; however, to do so would merely ridicule without adding anything of value to the Forum.

Let’s see, 21 posts here in 6 years! How many posts on the BB forum?

You can worship him if you like. Just don’t expect all of us here to kneel along with you.

I couldn’t help but notice your little bear avatar is missing something.

It’s got no B---S. No suprise there.

Davy

Davy,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to what constitutes great AV and what bores them. But making such barbed comments, that have a clear "personal insult" element in them, is getting close to the limits of acceptable behaviour on a forum such as this. You may well have been offering your comments in what was, to you, a light-hearted, jesting frame of mind. It is, unfortunately, a truism that humour, and especially sarcastic humour, can be very difficult to convey in the written word. The facial expressions and body language that turn a deep insult into a humorous piece of sarcasm, cannot be conveyed along with the words. Please take care to stay on the right side of the line.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Thank you for a very well written response.I agree with every single point you have made.

I would urge people to refrain from using the phrase, ‘Barry Boring’ on this forum.

BB has questioned the backslapping feedback often given,so I would expect him to favour an honest opinion.

That he chose not to reply is fair enough,even if it was only positive feedback that he really wanted.

Phil,

Sorry,I was not aware of your problems with arithmetic,spelling etc.

Despite davegee’s claim that you are incorrigible,I think there might be hope for you.

To show there are no hard feelings on my part,just pm me your address and I will send you some BB tutorials free of charge.

Obviously the tutorials will be on the subject of AVs/Photoshop and not spelling or arithmetic.

Let’s hope you don’t find them too boring.

I do hope you visit this forum more often and perhaps in time,you could post one of your AVs here.

I look forward to it.

Davy

I think DavyC is entitled to his opinion, but some may notice that I have not responded to him for some time now. I decided that was the way to deal with those whose comments are designed to be confrontational. I think most members can deduce reasonable comment from spitefulness and those that can't,well,enough said.

I would not normally ever post a PM,but perhaps this is a time when it would be permissible to do so. Some time ago DavyC downloaded one of my slide shows, grabbed all the pictures from it, then remade that show, posting it back on this forum via Mediafire. I think I had some reason to be a little annoyed at that, but I just sent this personal message to him. (Copied exactly from the forum messages)

Davy

Its not really the done thing to take someone elses work, change it and then repost it.

I would like to ask you to reconsider if it was right and reasonable to do that.

Barry Beckham

He replied with:

Hi Barry,

I have the greatest respect for you and your work. I do in fact recommend new members to our local camera club to your site. It was not my intention to cause you any grief. Ihave deleted the post,

and deleted the Mediafire show aswell.

Happy to post a public apology.

Regards,

Davy

My response was the following and as far as I was concerned the issue was over and no apology was necessary.

None Necessary, thanks for understanding.

Barry

It appears his apology was not as sincere as I first thought, as ever since then his comments on anything I post is confrontational. He has obviously taken a huge dislike to me and responds accordingly.

Anyone who thinks it entirely OK to take someone else's work, remake it and then repost it, shouldn't expect their comments to be taken very seriously. I don't because I am aware what the motivation is and I ignore them.

So, please do not concern yourselves, allow DavyC to make all the comments he wishes, I am a big boy and the more ridiculous his comments, the less credible they become.

Its only a slide show. :rolleyes:

A big thank you to BB for showing the mails that we exchanged.

This was around December 2010 I think.

As I recall BB was having problems with this AV. To be honest it 'sucked' (in my opinion.)

BB at the time acknowledged that it was not possible to convey the Rainforest experience.

I did try to rework/rearrange BBs images and soundtrack.I posted it back on the forum.

My intention was for BB and others here to see it. To say 'That works better,or that is dosen't'.

As BB states, it was only a slideshow.

BB took exception to my tampering with this holy of holies.

The rest of BBs post shows my reaction and response.

BB goes on to state that thereafter I was confrontational and took a dislike to him.

Perhaps BB has forgotten a later response to one of his slideshows.

'Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:28 AM '

'Barry,

This is more like it.

The framing worked well, the music was spot on.

A wee bit of stretching with people/boats maybe, not sure, but back to top form here.

Davy.'

BB you are the best.

Davy

IT WAS JAN 1 2011

and i was trying to point out to BB where the squiggle was in his show - using a stopwatch --but he could seem to get it at his end or would not accept that his show was not working properly

-other members also seen it

-- this is why when a show is put up here for review that manual control be supplied or the video taskbar so we can pin down a problem -- this forum is the proving ground not the big competition venue! It is very easy to change the exe to display your work at the "club"

I remember distinctly because my wife came down and told me she did not feel well - 1 hr +- later she was dead :angry:

ken

Interesting photo presentation. Many truly awesome photos. Although, some photos seemed like beginners Photoshop-play gone overboard to me.

The music...hmmm. Really didn't seem to connect with anything to do with the photos or slideshow.

I love your photography, Barry, and your skill with AV. This one, however, was far from your best.

But that is just an opinion.

Still I like the photo piles and even the speed worked for me. I longed for a way to control the slide show, but alas...owell.

Try again! For your niche, you have great talent!

JK