WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #6

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #6 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,4 Mb)

What's new in beta #6:

+ Improvements in transition effects:

> Added new transition effect - "Advanced hour hand" (with variations). This effect has special "Offset" option for fine customization of its view.

> Added new "Push" and "Slide" transition effects.

> Vastly improved "Mosaic" transition effect (old name "Hot blocks"). This effect has new smooth view. Available 3 parameters for fine customization.

> You can quickly select/deselect groups of effects clicking on title of effect (see Project options | Effects tab).

> Fade effect is turned on in Project options by default now.

+ Added .wma and .ogg support in sound comments for slides.

+ Added "For Pinnacle Studio (Field A first)" option in AVI video dialog. Use this option if you will convert produced AVI file into DVD-Video or SVCD in Pinnacle Studio software.

* Fixed several minor bugs.

I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to present new Navigation bar in this v4.20. It's doesn't look as I'd like. I need more time to develop it with all scheduled features. I hope the new gamma of effects (4 main and 25 variations) will became some compensation :) For new Mosaic effect I know as least 4 wonderful combination of paramaters which produce absolutely new effects. Also I think we'll a little optimize speed of this effect.

p.s. I'll try to set lesser cycle of development for new versions, and more often release them. So the first beta of v4.30 will be with new Nav. bar.

Thanks Igor for the extra effects which work perfectly. Every addition which you make is a bonus to us amateur AV workers who are out only to improve our art and add to our personal enjoyment in producing our sequences.

Ron [uK]

I like the new push and slide effects.

But I would like to see a change if possible.

When I have a background picture “Tiled Image”

Set under > Project Options >> Screen

My background image push and slide with the pictures.

I would like to see just the picture move.

But if this is not possible I can always use just a solid color.

It looks good this way too.

Thanks

cc

Always new excitement. Even if one did not deem "necessary." Thanks again Igor.

I have only played briefly. On my 750 mhz PC, the Slide effect is much smoother than the Push effect. Even at 5000ms transition, the Push is too jerky to be useable. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this simply a function of not enough processing power? (I have only tried in Preview, not Created a show.)

Igor

p.s. I'll try to set lesser cycle of development for new versions, and more often release them. So the first beta of v4.30 will be with new Nav. bar.

I believe you already have a nice timely "cycle of development " of creating new versions. As the PTE User base increasingly magnifies ... so does the new requests intensify.

Im ready to wait for your perfection and quality ... volume should not be a issue ;)

Dear Bob,

I too tried with a "slow" machine, my old Pentium II 450 Hz. Yes, both effects are a little jerky at 2-3000 msec (the "Push" slightly more than "Slide"), but at 3-4000 msec this jerkiness is just perceivable, and not bothersome if image files are not larger than 100 KB.

As expected, larger files (150-250 K) increase this problem.

But perhaps my CPU is better than yours... ;)

Èãîðü, ïðèâåò!

Ñî âñåìè ïðîøåäøèìè ïðàçäíèêàìè òåáÿ è êîìàíäó.

Ñïàñèáî çà íîâóþ âåðñèþ!

ß ïðîòåñòèðîâàë ðàáîòó íîâûõ ýôôåêòîâ íà êàðòèíêàõ 1024õ768

(ôàéëîâûé ðàçìåð íå áîëåå 95kb)

Ïðè ðàáîòå ïîä WindowsMe:

- Advanced hour hand - î÷åíü õîðîøî, çàìå÷àíèé íåò êðîìå

íåêîòîðûõ ìåëî÷åé, êàñàþùèõñÿ

ãåîìåòðèè ýôôåêòà.

- Ìîçàèêà - î÷åíü ñèëüíîå ìåðöàíèå èçîáðàæåíèÿ ïðè ëþáûõ

ñî÷åòàíèÿõ ïàðàìåòðîâ ýôôåêòà.

- Push effect - íåáîëüøîå ïîä¸ðãèâàíèå èçîáðàæåíèÿ è ïîÿâëåíèå

"ðàññûïàíèÿ" èçîáðàæåíèÿ â âèäå âåðòèêàëüíûõ

ïîëîñ øèðèíîé 2-4 ïèêñ. è äëèíîé 30-40 ïèêñ. íà

ãðàíèöå ìåæäó êàðòèíêàìè.

- Slide effect - î÷åíü íåáîëüøîå ïîä¸ðãèâàíèå èçîáðàæåíèÿ.

Ïðè ðàáðòå ïîä Windows2000Pro:

- Advanced hour hand - òî æå ÷òî è ïîä WinMe. Âñ¸ î÷åíü õîðîøî.

- Ìîçàèêà - î÷åíü ñèëüíîå ìåðöàíèå èçîáðàæåíèÿ ïðè ëþáûõ

ñî÷åòàíèÿõ ïàðàìåòðîâ ýôôåêòà, åù¸ áîëüøå ÷åì

ïîä WinMe.

- Push effect - î÷åíü ñèëüíîå ä¸ðãàíèå è ìåðöàíèå èçîáðàæåíèÿ,

íà ãðàíèöå ìåæäó êàðòèíêàìè ïîÿâëÿþòñÿ

ãîðèçîíòàëüíûå "õâîñòû" äëèíîé äî 20-30 ïèêñ.,

íàïðàâëåííûå â ñòîðîíó, ïðîòèâîïîëîæíóþ

äâèæåíèþ èçîáðàæåíèÿ.

- Slide effect - äîâîëüíî çàìåòíîå ïîä¸ðãèâàíèå èçîáðàæåíèÿ è

íåáîëüøîå ìåðöàíèå. Äëÿ èñïîëüçîâàíèÿ ïðèåìëåìî,

íî ñ îãîâîðêàìè.

Ìàøèíà: CPU Intel 1.7GHz, RAM512Mb, Video GeForce2MX400/64Mb

Æäó ïîÿâëåíèÿ "Êîíñòðóêòîðà ýôôåêòîâ". Ýòî áóäåò õèòîì, ÿ äóìàþ.

Âñåãî äîáðîãî è óñïåõîâ!

Oleg :blink:

Thanks for your responses!

Of course, Slide and Push effect are very CPU dependent.

It better to show them or very quickly (lesser than 500 ms.) or slowely (3500 ms. and higher). Mainly I imagine usage of the effect for menus, for animation of textes. An image file size doesn't matter for effect quality. It depends of graphical size of the image and size of screen.

Adda.

Igor, do you now see a possibility to create panorama-slide?

The uninterrupted sequence from several slides can be realized in DVD/SVCD video.

ccmanz.

My background image push and slide with the pictures.

I would like to see just the picture move.

Ok, I'll think about this moment for the next version! Interesting moment!

To OGL

1. Please try Push and Slide effects with above suggested duration.

2. Smoothness of Mosaic effect will be improved in the next betas!

(By the way, try 8x8, 10 and 1500 ms.)

Thanks Igor for all your continuing work on P2E.

I too would want just the image to slide/push, as the background also moving across an image below is very distracting during a show.

Both effects are very jerky on my 2.8gh P4 machine even with 100-150k images at long and short transition times, almost to the point of being unuseable.

Nonetheless another great improvement to a wonderful application - thanks again Igor et al.

Den (NEast -UK)

I would like also speak of "hour hand", interesting effect...after tested by a friend with a small show.

He tryed this new effect with a half circular text and the result is there very nice.

Don't forget that this 4.20b6 is a beta version, but his features (new effects) are a great improvement.

The difficulty is to discover them and use them very well.

More time passes, better are the beta versions and the final release will be marvellous, I think sincerely.

Michel

Maybe you assume we are using windowed mode where the image is the only thing visible - but in full screen mode with (say) a black background around a (say) 600x400 image, then this background slides/pushes over the image below.

In this case just the image must slide/push - independent of the background colour or tiled image.

Can you explain further "P, Customise Slide " to achieve this?

Den

Both effects are very jerky on my 2.8gh P4 machine even with 100-150k images at long and short transition times, almost to the point of being unuseable.

This testing on PUSH only :

Running 3500/40 Push (800x600 screensize - True Color 32 ) on a P3600 with 32mb video card all seemed quite smooth and very acceptable. The test was performed with 288kb images (bmp and jpg) using Fit to screen and also normal image size of 384x256. No music was tested.

However using the same shows on a P2 400 with 8mb video card the shows did display slight jerkyness and lots of edge grain. Changing the desktop setting from True Color 32 to High Color 16 showed a great improvement that was quite acceptable.

New Note : Added Display Shadow behind Slide Image setting and the P2 400 diplayed a bit more edge grain/ redraw distortion ... even using in the High Color 16.

Another New Note : Added MP3 Music. P2 400 showed considerable gain in Push jerkiness. P3 600 barely perceivable

Just downloaded and installed the beta 6. Started to try it on one of my shows that is currently in the works. Clicked on create and got a popup message telling me "Its time to put your album together. Give us a call today!"

I checked my registration and it says I am registered as a business version. So why am I not allowed to continue?

What gives? :unsure:

Larry T

Larry T,

Strange indeed. I would certainly put my other PC programs thru a through test ... this may not just be PTE related. Do a full Virus Scan while your at it too.

Better yet ... do the VIRUS SCAN first ... you may inevitably infect other programs by executing them if a virus lurkes within.

Larry, I'm quite sure this is NOT a PTE message! I carefully searched in all files of the program, and didn't find this.

"Its time to put your album together. Give us a call today!"

Who ever saw such a message in PTE?!

Edited at 9:53 PM:

I agree with Stu. Check your system with a good and updated antivirus!

Igor,

I also agree with CC and others that would like the backgroud image remain stationary ... as this would be more appealing by maintaining the focus on the Slide Image only, the background movement seems a bit too distracting. Its not a problem when using just solid color or gradient fill.

When using with NAV Bar ... the NAV bar remains stationary ... this is just fine. However a bit of immediate confusion to the User may be encountered when using the directional arrows. This is because the PUSH direction is not pushing the opposite direction as one might normally expect.