WnSoft Forums

Question on the Object and animation editor

Igor

Question to professionals.

Given:

The Objects and animation editor. There is a selected object with only one key frame.

In all versions you can change the object (Pan/Zoom, etc) only when key frame is selected in the timeline. If you change a time position of blue triangle cursor in the timeline, the key frame becomes inactive and you are not able to adjust Pan/Zoom/Rotate parameters.

Should we make an exception for such objects with one key frame and allow editing of key frame even if a cursor is not set to key frame or key frame is inactive (greyed)?

If it possible, please reply in a few words.

Hello Igor,

Short answer: YES.

Long (not so) answer: YES, the best for me would be being able to select a time point and move the time cursor independently, maybe in this case only the numeric input in properties panel will be enabled, i suppose there will be some trouble interacting with the mouse if the time cursor doesn't match in case of multiple time points)

Greetings! Umberto

If I might add an opinion as a non-professional rolleyes.gif/>?

No.

It is possible with a single keyframe object to move the key frame to wherever it is required along the timeline (relative to the slide's animation) and make any changes neccessary at that point.

DG

Well, i also am not a professional :)/>/> but the question was really intriguing.

You're right Dave, you can drag the time point on the time line to place it where you need to. It's also true that when you need to perform a lot of settings on different objects it can be really annoying to correctly align all objects single time points to ensure you can switch between them without continually select them on the time line.

Moreover, doing so when you have more than one time points will screw the animation and it would be handy being able to select a time point and "see in future" how it will behave even with only numeric inputs.

Regards... Umberto

I hope I understand your question correctly.

Assuming I do, I would say No.

Because it will mean the flag operates in two ways, one for a single object and another for multiple objects. That wouldn't affect most of us, but these thing confuse the hell out of newer users

It would be more use I feel if you could switch on/off some indicator that showed the key frame positions of other objects in the O&A window ie object 1 has 4 keyframes but these are not visible when object 2 is animated. Therefore it would be usefull if you were able to switch on an indicator showing the keyframe positions of object 1 while animating object 2.

Geoff