WnSoft Forums

Version 8 English Manual (PDF)

davegee

I have tried to download these pdf files but Although it says they are downloaded I cannot open them.

Is there some special way of downloading?

DaveOR

Hi Dave,

Do you have Adobe PDF Reader?

PC or MAC?

If you are being asked which software you want them opened in chances are that you do not have the reader.

Can you normally open PDF?

I can read them from their current location using Adobe PDF Reader or DL them and open them locally.

DG

A few years ago I wrote what became an appendix in the unofficial PTE manual about HD video production. The world and technologies have moved on since then and 4K video production is fast becoming available (PTE now supports it). If anyone is interested I'm willing to update it to today's technology landscape and Igor can, if he wants, add it to the PTE 8 manual/online help.

Hi DaveGee,

Yes I have pdf reader and normally have no problems with it.

In fact I have just tried to open one of the files again - and guess what - opened with no problem.

I'll never understand computers!!!

Anyway now all info is safely downloaded.

Thanks anyway

DaveOR

Guest Yachtsman1

I am in the midst of a new show & one item among many that causes me great confusion relates to key frames & timed points. For instance, I am adding blank PTE slides on the fly to co-incide with comments on the voice over. I have all the unused blanks ready at the end on the waveform in the timeline view, I add items to the blank slide to the degree I require, then at the appropriate point in the VO, click the + icon for the next transistion point, which brings the next blank slide into view. The problem I have using this method is that after bringing in the next blank slide, the timings I have set on the preceding slide go out of alignment. I've tried with the "Keep full slide duration" box ticked & unticked, Not sure about the "Scale key frames in objects on time change" which is ticked by default, but it still happens, is it me? am I missing something? :unsure:/>/> :unsure:/>/> :unsure:/>/> A write up of the correct method for this process in 8.0.1 would be most welcome. I used this method a few years back & the process was fairly simple, now it doesn't work as it did pre 7.5.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-44040000-1391076616_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

For instance, I am adding blank PTE slides on the fly to co-incide with comments on the voice over. I have all the unused blanks ready at the end on the waveform in the timeline view, I add items to the blank slide to the degree I require, then at the appropriate point in the VO, click the + icon for the next transistion point, which brings the next blank slide into view. The problem I have using this method is that after bringing in the next blank slide, the timings I have set on the preceding slide go out of alignment.

I have now fathomed how to prevent the loss of timings of the previous slide as described above, simply un-tick the KEEP KEY FRAMES box. See screen shot.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-01121300-1391123124_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Is there a PDF version of the online guide? If I download the version at the link above, I can only open it in a browser.....

Hi Dawn

If you read the first post it says the PDF version has been replaced by the on-line version.

Yachtsman1.