WnSoft Forums

Saving project for 2nd party use

When I create a project with images, slde options etc, I want to save the entire project, mail to another party, to add voice-over and music clip.

The other party also has PTE, we would like to know if this is possible, how to do this?

We have tried saving using 'Safe Executable File for Internet' under the publish option top right corner, but it's not able to be edited by the receiving party.

Many thanks

Keith

Go to File > Create Back-up to Zip

That will take everything that has been used in the slide show and can be sent over the internet. E-mail is probably not the best option, use dropbox or Mediafire. The recipient can unzip that file and then launch the project file that will be a part of the files. The third party can have your entire show open in PTE just as you did to create it.

Back -up to Zip will not send other images or sound files that you may have in the same folder but not used in your slide show.

I think that it's still necessary, if you use texts (created by PTE) with "exotic" fonts, to drag the font files in the zip for the other party IF he don't own these particular fonts --- or you must tick the "Rasterize text to png image" (in Properties tab)

Vilara, Denis,

I later realised that you might be refering to Styles which contain certain Custom Transitions.

If that is the case then I concede that it could be a problem.

I have not tried it but that is possible.

Any video mask etc applied in a pure Style will be collected and saved to the BIZ.

DG

DG,

Sorry, I don't know what is BIZ (French).

Suppose i have a slide style with inside a picture, a mask, etc for example your Jigsaw 01.ptestyle

I apply the style, i save, making a ZIP of the project.

Then i delete the style on my PC, extract every thing from the zip and open the .pte. The picture, mask, etc is missing.

The path of this object in O&A is %style%......

We talk about that some months ago when beta version was available.

Denis

Thank you Denis, Vilara,

I understand.

The mask is referenced in the "Backup In Zip" rather than be "real". I assumed that it became "real" once the Style was applied.

I don't remember the conversation you mentioned.

Interesting.

DG