WnSoft Forums

Random Slide Styles

JudyKay

Sadly, Picasa Photo Screensaver no longer works with my Windows 8--at least the pan-zoom mode does not work with dual monitors.

Solution: Create my screensavers in PTE.

...but...

Problem: I love the pan and zoom slide styles but don't want to apply them one by one to hundreds of slides.

Question: Is there a way, without going slide by slide, to randomize or create recurring patterns such as zoom in-zoom out-pan left-pan right, etc.?

Thanks,

jk

It may not be completely random but a slight pan and zoom is possible. You select all the slides you want to style and apply the pz style. If you want pan left, pan right, and zoom in, zoom out, that would be a multiple of 4 slides. I'm not a wizard style creator like DG and others but I could create something that shows what is possible.

Update. Here is a quick test. 16:9 format. 4 slides required.

Pan Zoom 4 slides.ptestyle

Tom

To do such "simple" effects you speak of, I think you could better use Transition effects rather than Styles.

Then, you could open a new PTE project, and click on "Project Options"

In the tab "Transitions" you load all the personal transitions you want to be used, and chek the appropriate boxes

(unfortunately the duration of all the transitions will be the same that you'll put in "Transition effect duration" )

Then you put your several views in the project.

PTE will apply the personal transitions (and possibly the standard transitions you have chosen) at random during the preview (or exe)

(This is always the same when several boxes are checked)

You can also choose the transitions in Project Options afterwards.

In both cases, the transitions applied by "Slide options" are preferred (retained)

post-6764-0-40116400-1400225509_thumb.jp

The pan and zoom transition model is the perfect solution. It would be random and you could create multiple pan directions. Very good solution Jean-Cyprien!

Thanks,

Tom

I have created a simple 16:9 example here.

http://1drv.ms/1j4SiyU

It does not include fading between images, but that should be easy to add. The slide duration should be set to be the same as the transition duration. It is random. I *think* DG knows how to create styles with custom transitions. I have not tried to do this. I am glad you posted this question since it seems to be a very common question and now we have an answer thanks to Jean-Cyprien.

Thanks,

Tom

Pan and zoom together no problem. I think 10% is probably too much. I will try 5%. Still working on the dissolves since the slides are random I think each transition must fade at the end of slide 1 and the begging of slide 2. Might need help from JC or DG or LE or ? to figure this out.

Tom

I think it is a simple slideshow with single image on each slide. The custom pan zoom transitions are applied to all slides. The reason custom transitions are being used instead of a style is for random movement.

Problem: Current transition does not know the type of random previous transition (pan left, pan right, pan up, pan down, zoom in, zoom out, or both pan+zoom). I think that limits us to using a paused slide 1 during dissolve. Slide 2 can be moving during dissolve. I was thinking I might try 110% zoom images with 5% movement. The problem with my method is that zoom must always be applied (no pan only transitions) to make sure slides align. Maybe there is a better method? Template perhaps?

Interesting problem.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Peter,

Yes. The zoom can be set so that you never pan outside the image. The problem I am discovering is how to get a smooth dissolve (crossfade) between slides. So far no luck.

Thanks,

Tom

I think I have it figured out smooth fading between slides. The only limitation is that the previous slide (slide 1 in transition editor) must freeze while fading.

Here is an example. I will add a pan/zoom combination next with source.

http://1drv.ms/1n9f3Bs

Tom

Hi Judy and others,

Here is my best attempt at creating random dissolve pan zoom transitions. The 2 limitations that I have noticed are slide 1 must be stopped during fade and also match the zoom and pan settings of the end of slide 2. Also the image zoom must be 110% so that a 5% pan and 5% zoom do not cause image to leave screen area. This allows zoom in from 105% to 110% with 5% pan. I could not figure out how to embed the custom transitions into a style so you do not have to load them manually. Maybe DG or others can figure this out.

http://1drv.ms/1jbUR2c

post-2058-0-73407100-1400437739_thumb.pn

Thanks,

Tom

One other transition group I am playing with is 3D rotate X, rotate Y transitions just for fun.