WnSoft Forums

Complete interface change - Time Line

It was just a few minutes ago while working on a new slide show in the time line that a thought occurred to me. I have multiple tracks on screen so the Mini Player is quite small. This leaves lots of white areas all around and I would love to be able to change the whole look of the screen so it looks like the new Slide Show Club, or Photoshop.

Kill all the white that is almost dazzling for a more subdued colour, one better for our creativity and one that would make the software look state of the art as well as being so.

What about adding images on the fly via a keystroke while in full screen playback mode. How neat would that be?

Igor

It's not the design of the screen, but the fact that I have now grown accustomed to those lovely dark tones that Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom uses. When we view images on a screen that darker tone is far nicer in my view. Its the same colours as the new option in Slide Show Club

I was working on a PTE project where I had a number of sound files in the time line. That meant I had to drag the time line up to see them all and that left lots of white areas on screen that is not the best when you're trying to view the mini player, which is quite small by then.

Photoshop gives us parameters to set the depth of tone of the software and I think PTE would be nicer to use in those colours and it would make it look bang up to date. I have attached a screen grab of the PTE project I was working with and one of Photoshop.

post-671-0-66848500-1404427929_thumb.jpg

post-671-0-88105400-1404427979_thumb.jpg

Barry,

It will be possible with new cross-platform code of PicturesToExe. We're rewriting the parts of the old code and when we finish you'll get:

- Mac version

- 64-bit

- Dark side of interface

I'm not sure about dockable mini-player, good idea, however.

That's great news and while I also asked for a floating mini player in the time line some time ago. I am not so sure it's necessary now. Given the flexibility we have to easily reduce a 5 minute sound comment or music track to 5 seconds, we can always use the same track a number of times.

So, two music tracks and three sound effects may only need to take up two tracks to be fully workable

A Mac version, a 64 bit version and a dark interface sounds enough to be getting on with :)

Please consider giving a choice of colour for the interface.

Personally I much prefer a lighter colour as it easier to see (for me :) )

I find white (light) text on a black (dark) background much harder & more tiring on the eyes.

A floating mini preview window would be extremely useful as it can then be docked on a second monitor & always visible.

Jill

Guest Yachtsman1

Please consider giving a choice of colour for the interface.

Personally I much prefer a lighter colour as it easier to see (for me :) )

I find white (light) text on a black (dark) background much harder & more tiring on the eyes.

A floating mini preview window would be extremely useful as it can then be docked on a second monitor & always visible.

Jill

Jill I already mentioned this when the new look slideshow club was announced, although there you can choose which view you want. Maybe that will happen with PTE?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.