WnSoft Forums

Slideshow duration change

bogari0171

In the slide options the command "scale key frames in objects (on time change)" allows to change the duration of a single slide, without any change in the ratio of the relevant objects dynamics.

My question is: is it possible to change the entire duration of a slideshow (eg 10 % longer or shorter) automatically applying such change to each slide? Or should it be done manually on each slide?

Thanks for help

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Select the first slide then holding down the shift key, go to the last slide and select. The will select all slides. Now change the display time and the time for all slides will reflect the new duration. If you wish to change only certain slides, then use the CTRL key to select and apply and new time and only those slides selected will reflect the new time.

To my knowledge, there is not way to simply "add" 10% more time to a show without calculating the amount of time to be added to each individual slide, but you can selectively add this time to all or only to selected slides via the above method.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

I was working on how to properly match a sldeshow with a new audioclip.

Eg in the case I want just to change a music piece (with a different duration) without changing anything in the sequence (specially in the case in which there are many slides and each with a different duration

Saluti and thanks

Claudio

Hi Claudio

Thinking about your question, I did an experiment, which I think was successful, but I want others to confirm.

Selected all slides.

Copied and pasted on a page in Excel.

With a small macro, I selected cells "CopiedSlideTime =", which contains the duration of each slide.

Then I increased then by 10% (multiply by 1.1).

Opened a copy of the project.

Deleted all the slides (keep the audio).

Copy the Excel column with all data and pasted into this project.

.... And all the slides now have the new times.

If this is indeed so, perhaps other variables can be modified in this way. I will work on this to see if it is true.

MUR

Claudio

What about the matching of images to music?

Assuming that your slide-show is of that style, (some presentation techniques are not so dependant on matching music and images) but if it is, how will you extend the duration (if you can) without upsetting the synchronisation?

This is a task I would do manually with every image, or you may as well use the fit slides to music option.