WnSoft Forums

The next most important features

Igor

Haven't read the whole thread to see if someone else has mentioned it, but I'm on my first show and already I see a need to do a "mass change" of something. Say I have 50 slides, and I want 20 of them to have a different time duration. I'd like to select the 20 slides (in block or with Ctrl- clicking), then put in the time (or background, or whatever) once, not 20 times.

Thanks!

I have now read the entire thread. I like and would use all most of the suggestions made, but I think my favorites are:

Dark Table

Timeline improvements

Multiple images fading at a time

Running at any screen resolution

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Igor

I am new to the forum but do have experience with Photoshop and other programs including some slide presentation and video editing programs. I am presently working on a graduation piece to be output to DVD. It consist of in excess of 400 images, and as you can envision, somewhat complicated to manage. My choice for a new future, assuming it has not avoided my discovery thus far, is the ability to build sequences in small lots then assemble them in a final show. I know I can run subsequent shows from preceding shows, but I would like to output one show, in its entirety, to video without editing.

Thanks for a superior product at an inferior price.

George

George

I know what you mean but 'inferior' is surely not the right description when related to the price :D

Ron [uK]

Igor

I have not read all the suggestions, but what buyers appear to want is something in PTE that will grab an Mp3 from a Music CD and also some basic sound editing, fade in/out etc.

Not sure if that is possible, but at present most PTE users get stuck on these issues, particulalry the creation of an Mp3.

Build them in and charge more for the program.

bbdigital

Before I registered PTE, I had downloaded both PTE and ProShow. Now that I've paid for PTE (and glad to do it), I'm feeling OK about talking about the competition :)

I obviously found PTE superior. One of things I wanted that ProShow offered (remember, I'm very new at this... I'm sure my "needs" will get more sophisticated) was the ability to mass change. I mentioned that earlier, as have others. Another thing was the visual interface, which you are working on with the dark table.

The third feature I really liked in ProShow (in my hour or two of demo-ing) was the "real-time sync" (I don't remember what they call it and I've deleted the software). In this mode, you started the show, then held and released keys to signify beginning and end of transitions (different keys meaning different transitions), while the music ws playing. It was a visual and auditory interface, not a mathematical one. Rather than having to say "Fade for 1.5 seconds starting at 19, and then show this slide for 4 seconds" (which was possible too, by the way), I could start the music, and HEAR the music so that the sunrise picture showed just as the cymbal crash sounded. You get the idea.

Maybe this isn't too important if you just play background music. Being a musician and a photographer, and having the ability to merge the two so easily, I want the music to "line up" with the visual. I certainly like the features of being able to evenly space the slides, all the tweaks and adjustments that are already there, etc. Also, I have seen in this thread some discussion of showing the wave file in the sync mode. If we will be able to hear it too, that's a major step.

Food for thought. Again, I'm so new at this that I haven't "practiced" enough to know how I would like the interface to behave.

Let me also say that even as is, out of the box, this is one of the best "deals" in software out there. I'm also thrilled with the friendliness and helpfulness of the forum members. I'm glad to be part of the club!

:D:lol::D:lol::D

:PThe third feature I really liked in ProShow (in my hour or two of demo-ing) was the "real-time sync" (I don't remember what they call it and I've deleted the software). In this mode, you started the show, then held and released keys to signify beginning and end of transitions (different keys meaning different transitions), while the music ws playing. It was a visual and auditory interface, not a mathematical one. Rather than having to say "Fade for 1.5 seconds starting at 19, and then show this slide for 4 seconds" (which was possible too, by the way), I could start the music, and HEAR the music so that the sunrise picture showed just as the cymbal crash sounded. You get the idea.

Most of this is available with PTE - explore the "Customise Synchronisation" button on the main tab of Project Options. Have a look at Al's revides tutorial for excellent help on using PTE:

http://www.alrobinson.com/pte_items.htm

David,

As Roger indicated, adding transitions in time to the music is available on the synchronization timeline. Granted, it doesn't allow you to click a key to indicate the transition you want, but it does allow you to hit the space bar every time you want a new slide to show, or click on "New transition", if you prefer to do it that way. (note that you first have to "train" PTE by clicking "New transition" the first time, and then the space bar will repeat that command whenever it is pressed.) Note that in sync mode, the numbers you enter manually in Project Options or Customize Slide for slide duration are ignored, and the only way to enter the values is via the timeline, either by pressing a key or button, or by entering the values there numerically, or by having the program spread all slides evenly over the music duration.

You do have to enter numerically "Fade for 1.5 seconds", however, but there are so many transition possibilities that it would be difficult to program them all into the keyboard keys as short-cuts. It is fairly straightforward to set a default transition in "Project Options", and then go through and change the special ones.

However, I don't mean to imply that this is the only way to do it, and you do have a point in that some additional mechanization for, say, most commonly used transitions, would be very useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though this is supposed to be a "future feature" thread, I have learned a lot from the responses to some of my earlier ideas. Thanks for all the suggestions. In particular, I see how the "real time sync" works and that's fine.

Igor, I remember reading a thread (maybe here, maybe in another topic) about a few "little things" that were either bugs, annoyances, or easy things to fix. I'd like to nominate a couple more.

I think it has already been mentioned that the buttons on the main window could be improved (Add right next to Remove, next to Clear List; Remove not having any protection on it, etc.) I agree.

In addition, I'd like to have a warning message come up when you press the "Set Defaults" button. I haven't clicked it more than once because I'm afraid of it. I've made so many changes to the project options, I don't want to have to put them all back. I think I hit it once when I was first playing. Having a warning like "Are you sure you want to replace all the project options with the defaults?" would be handy. Or have it replace only the options on that tab, or make the button smaller or harder to click by mistake.

Looking forward to seeing the new features you're working on. This is a great program.

Thanks!

:lol: Wanting to add to the above statement.

what I am looking for would be starting with one picture with either a slow zoom in (push) and then the next picture would be a slow pan to the right or left. This would all be done with fades.

All this could be done with the type of music one is using. If the music is fast pased the zoom in and out, the pans could be customized to fit the music in a sort of pre set fashion.

Harry

Hi,

my name is Giovanni and they are of Vicenza Italy, congratulations for his/her program very beautiful PtoExe.

We come to the suggestions:

1) in screens her/it related to the objects to insert in the slades, buttons link etc., it would be very interesting to be able to make to appear the entrance of every single object rather than all together.

2) as it regards the templates instead, I would find profit to be able to create a slade master single, without having to recopy every page.

Good job and to the next updating.

Giovanni Cazzola

Giovanni,

Welcome to the Forum! :)

You can simulate the effect you are requesting in #1 by first having the slide appear (without the object buttons), and then have a copy of the same slide with one of the objects fade in, then the same slide with two of the objects, and so on until all the objects are on the screen. I find this way preferrable, as you have full control over the parameters of the object transitions.

Another way to simulate this is to arrange all of the button objects on the copy of the first slide, from top to bottom, and have the slide come up using the "horizontal page effect" transition (top to bottom).