WnSoft Forums

Copying an mp4 file to an iPad Air

Ray Groome

Ray, if it doesn't have any input/output connects, the best way you will be able to do this is to upload your mp4 to some website or to a social media site then download it from there either directly or via a browser.

I believe this is an app for it....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-downloader-download/id576731399?mt=8

Best regards,

Lin

Ray,

Two methods:

Via iTunes you synchronise a folder(s) on your pc with the iPad wirelessly or by usb.

Easier still you can buy a Kingston Mobilite which allows you to transfer all sorts of files both ways wirelessly. You can also play / view files wirelessly from a card inserted into the device without having to do the transfer. The Mobilite is also useful or getting images from your iPad's Camera Roll on to your pc.

Great device which works with any tablet. You can stick a card from your camera into it and view jpegs immediately "in the field".

DG

P.S. it will also recharge your phone :)

Thanks for your suggestions.

I was unable to find how to synchronise video folders (but managed it for photo folders!) Why do they make things so obscure?

So I have gone ahead and ordered a Kingston Mobilite, which only costs £16. Thanks for that lead- I would never have discovered otherwise!

Ray Groome

I think that you just add a folder in iTunes and it Synch's it. After that you use any app to play the video. I created folders for images, video, pdf, music etc that way on my wife's iPad. I will take look and get back to you.

However, video takes a lot of space and streaming from the Mobilite is great. Get a 16 gb memory key and keep it for video plugged into the Mobilite.

DG

Dave

I have now received the MobileLite- but cannot make it work! The instructions say 'Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds' to power up the wireless. Nothing happens when I do this-no lights come on and the iPad does not receive any wifi signal.. Should I charge up the device first, if so, how do I do that?

I fear it is a faulty product.

Ray

Use your USB lead to charge the Mobilite first.

You can either plug into a PC or better still use a standard 3 pin charger - the one for your iPad will do it.

BTW, be aware that for transfering files to the iPad from the Mobilite the iPad needs 50% or better charge.

Better still, if possible, connect the iPad to its charger when transferring

Download the latest Mobilite Software.

DG

User Manual: http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/products?model=mlw221

Good reason to not get an iPad. I bought a really nice Lenovo which runs either as a pad or has a detachable keyboard and I use a bluetooth mouse when I want to avoid swiping. It runs over 15 hours on a battery charge and charges quickly. It runs real Win 8.1 and has 32 gig internal memory plus an expansion slot where you can put a 64 gig micro SD. Just plunk the micro sd in the provided adapter, put it in your card reader and put anything you want on - even exe files and they run perfectly at high resolution.

I can't support Apple because they make everything difficult with lack of IO...

Lin

As I said earlier the Mobilite "gizmo" is not essential. You can do all that you need to do through iTunes but it means that you need your pc/mac to do it. I seem to remember that there is a card reader accessory lead for the iPad?

But the Mobilite gizmo is not just for iPad. It works with any tablet and whilst it will allow easy, wireless transfer of files both ways its beauty is that it will stream data (video etc) without cluttering up the already small disc space that you have.

I use mine with both the iPad and my Kindle.

Simple.

DG

• 4 weeks later...

This seems to have been a problem for many of you guys and it was a problem for me also.

I have solved it now though and perhaps the way I do it is not unique but, nobody has mentioned it so I thought I would add my two pennies worth to this debate.

I use a program called 'TunesGo' and it works a treat for both videos (mp4) and music - via iTunes.

I have written a step by step tutorial on the simple procedure and if you would like a copy please email me and I will send you a PDF.

Ron West.