WnSoft Forums

conflict between "insert templates" and "control of mouse

Picsel

Problem using "insert templates" option ( Project options/Defaults tab)
I come back on this ennoying behaviour (perhaps this point had already been discussed long time ago but I do not remember the date and the conclusion)

For a presentation to our members, we collect pictures and make a slideshow for our club workshop. So we need to control the slideshow with the mouse, we need to get either the slide number either the picture name and to be able to point out on the screen, some part of the picture in order to make some comments.

So we need to be able to see the mouse cursor at the same time we display the slide name/number.

It seems that there is a conflict between two different options inside PTE
- Project options /Controls - cursor show/hide/ auto hide
and
- Project options / Defaults - insert templates

If at first attempt, I have selected auto hide cursor + insert templates => NOK ( there is no text comment added)
But if after that I choose hide cursor + insert templates => OK (text comment added) but the cursor is hided which is not convenient for our purpose
And after this last step if I come back with auto hide cursor + insert templates then everything becomes OK !

Two remarks :
1) That is a very ennoying behaviour which leads to loose a lot of time, because, the PTE user is not really advised that something goes wrong with these 2 different options located on two different Project options tabs. It would be very nice if there was, at minimum, an advice either by a message either by a pop up either by a note.
2) There is a very strange behaviour, technical problem, bug?
auto hide cursor+ insert templates does not work at first attempt but it works if you begins with hide cursor + insert templates and then come back to auto hide + insert templates?

Do I miss something or make an error somewhere?

Process step by step :
Test n°1
Project options /Controls
V Wait for a key press
V Permit control
Left mouse = next slide
right mouse = previous slide
cursor = Auto hide
File save
Created EXE = OK
/Defaults
insert templates
<%SlideIndex%>
apply to all
customize fonts
position = right bottom
apply to all
OK
apply to all
OK
File save
=> Nothing happens (no text comment added on the objects list inside O&A)
Test n°2 (initial conditions = test n°1)
cursor = hide
OK
File save
=> text comment added on the objects list inside O&A
File-save = new name 02
Created EXE = OK
Test 3 (initial conditions = test2)
cursor = Auto hide
OK
File-save = new name 03
Created EXE = OK
everything OK

Hi Denis,

thanks for your reply. Yes you are right !

In fact that is not a confict between "insert templates" and "control of mouse cursor" but as you said the inconvenience is due to the fact that the "Apply to all slides" button works like a checked box which is very confusing and very tricky and leads to make errors. It would be much better and clearer for all PTE users if this button was replaced by a checked box.

Daniel

In fact that is not a confict between "insert templates" and "control of mouse cursor" but as you said the inconvenience is due to the fact that the "Apply to all slides" button works like a checked box which is very confusing and very tricky and leads to make errors. It would be much better and clearer for all PTE users if this button was replaced by a checked box.

Daniel

+ 1