WnSoft Forums

Publishing to Facebook

BarryH

Barry,

Keep in mind that you will not get the same quality of show, depending on your content (whether animation or not, etc.) from an MP4 as from your executable file. Then FB will further degrade the image quality of the video file you upload. It will look much better played directly from your own computer via your choice of player as the mp4 video file  than when uploaded to FB and played back via a browser. FB renders your MP4 in their own proprietary format which greatly compresses the file and degrades it a good deal, especially if there is animation. It's just something we have to live with right now...

Best regards,

Lin 

Thanks Lin,

Thanks for the help. Am I right in thinking an executable file can only be viewed on my own PC and not the internet?

My main need for PTE is to create a slideshow that I can post on Facebook be this direct to Facebook or via a link to YouTube.

Will I get the same "degraded" quality either way? Which way would be better?

Hi Barry,

Yes, you will not be able to view your executable except on a computer. You can send the executable file to others and it can be in MacIntosh or Windows format with PTE, but you can't post it to social media such as FB, Youtube, Vimeo, etc. 

As for the quality, in my own personal experience, Youtube gives better quality than FB but what is really the important thing is whether your slideshows are rather straight-forward with primarily just images, text and simple transitions or whether they contain complex animations. Animations in general do not work as well on video as they do in executable code. Executable files produced by PicturesToExe take advantage of the power of an advanced video card and produce sixty frame per second results which are truly great. Once the code is converted to video, for the most part only 24 frames per second or 30 frames per second are commonly used by services such as Youtube, Vimeo and Facebook. In addition, Facebook further degrades the performance by high compression and a change in the MP4 format to something proprietary to Facebook. If your show only contains nice images, text, audio and simple transitions such as fades or dissolves then I would suggest uploading directly to Facebook. If there is anything more detailed, then upload in full HD to Youtube or Vimeo. PicturesToExe can produce 60 frame per second video, but FB can't play it. Youtube can but sometimes doesn't do it smoothly and part of the reason has to do with the amount of data which can be forced through the bottleneck of the internet connect. People with really high speed internet will get better results than people with ordinary connect and transfer speeds. 

My suggestion is to take one of your shows and upload it to both FB and Youtube. Then play it back and see if you can easily distinguish any important differences. The choose the better of the two - Youtube with a link to FB or FB direct.

Best regards,

Lin

• 5 years later...